ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 Application Rejected...HELP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

terencechen
Newly Registered

Post by terencechen » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:17 pm

s0787671 wrote:Hi ash
My employer is ready to issue a new COS and Iam not sure wat the job title and description should be.

If I mention a job title as software engg and show the salary as 22500 will that be fine or do I have to mention the job title as graduate developer and job description as a Software programming and development for robotics and automation.
That's what my job is programming industrial robots , PLC and vision systems for automation industry.
Please do let me know so that I don't make any mistakes this time.

Cheers,
Bharat
Hi s0787671, I have a similar situation. My tier 2 application been rejected. the reason is the salary is below the minimum rate of my job title. I am trying to reapply it again with new cos.

my questions are

1. how do you issue a new certificate? i have read you previous post, you mentioned that you can only have 1 limit certificate this year and that one had been used and rejected. how do you cancel the used one and issue a new one? have you solved it out?

2. after you have reapplied it again. how it is going? have you got your visa yet?

thanks

s0787671
United Arab Emirates

Post by s0787671 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:27 am

Hi terencechen,

1. My employer contacted UKBA on sponser support helpline contact number : 0300 123 4699 /
email: sponsorshipPBSenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk.
They got the license updated, and now he can apply for two COS in a year.

2. I am in the process of applying, but I will let you know as soon as I get a response.
Bharat

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:39 am

The year is 12 months from issue of the sponsor license. If I were your employer I would ask UKBA for another CoS allocation because the first one was refused on a technicality. UKBA should allocate another CoS. To be honest we always advise sponsors to go slightly higher than what they know they need, in case things like this happen. If UKBA say they have to wait 'til next year they're talking total crap.

simplythebestro
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Gen visa refused - Salary less than Code of Practise

Post by simplythebestro » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:00 am

Hey can someone please advise me.

I applied for a Tier 2 General visa on 26th Aug, 2009. Switching from PSW to Tier 2 General (30 points )
My PSW visa expired on 26th Sep, 2009.
I got a refusal letter from HO 14th Oct, 2009 stating that my salary £24k is less then the £26k expected off a Programmer as per the Code of Practise hence my visa has been refused.

I've 10 days to appeal against the decision. My employer is happy to push my salary upto £26k. So I am now thinking of making an appeal suggesting a payrise has been made (include letter from employer) ! What are the chances of my appeal being successful given this info ?

Also how long does it take for HO to allocate a new COS, as we only had 1 left which now comes up as used ?

Please help,
Thanks, Rohit

asim_t2

Post by asim_t2 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:23 pm

I am afraid you can not introduce new salary in your appeal

simplythebestro
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Gen visa refused - Salary less than Code of Practise

Post by simplythebestro » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:13 pm

What are the implications of losing an appeal ? Will it affect my chances of coming back to UK again ?

Also as my visa has expired I can't make a new application inside UK (requirement: you should have leave to remain when applying for a visa within UK).
Can I request in my appeal that they allow me to make an application from inside UK with a new COS, even though my visa has expired ?

asim_t2 wrote:I am afraid you can not introduce new salary in your appeal

eager2learn

Re: Tier 2 Gen visa refused - Salary less than Code of Pract

Post by eager2learn » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:41 am

simplythebestro wrote:What are the implications of losing an appeal ? Will it affect my chances of coming back to UK again ?

Also as my visa has expired I can't make a new application inside UK (requirement: you should have leave to remain when applying for a visa within UK).
Can I request in my appeal that they allow me to make an application from inside UK with a new COS, even though my visa has expired ?

asim_t2 wrote:I am afraid you can not introduce new salary in your appeal
my spouse is in the exact same position as you are and got COS rejected just for a few hundred pounds difference in salary, visa expired(took 6 months to process postal application!) and now waiting for appeal next week. I would also like to know is it possible to get a new COS and apply while inside the UK or one has to apply back from his native coutry?

simplythebestro
Newly Registered

Post by simplythebestro » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:17 pm

My company has agreed to up my salary and issue a new COS
But I am getting mixed suggestions from whoever I've spoken. The suggestions from Immigration Consultants are mainly:

1) Send an appeal with new salary evidence (review letter) and at the same time send a fresh application with the new COS reference number as even though my visa has expired, your old visa gets extended sort of allowing me to make a new application

2) Send an appeal with the new COS reference number, but I can't submit fresh applications as my current visa has expired

Can you please advise.

Regards, Rohit