ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR in person + no available appointment in entire UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

webhunter
Member of Standing

ILR in person + no available appointment in entire UK

Post by webhunter » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:14 pm

I have just tried to get an in person appointment for ILR over the internet. I have tried for a date with all available offices (7) in UK and none of them have an appointment in 2009. There are no dates shown for 2010.

So what options have we got. It is a bit surprising there is no appointment in any of the UK offices on any day for the rest of the year. I am not sure how others are getting their appointments and how early are they booking their appointments.

Any thoughts please ?

meats
BANNED

Re: ILR in person + no available appointment in entire UK

Post by meats » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:20 pm

webhunter wrote:I have just tried to get an in person appointment for ILR over the internet. I have tried for a date with all available offices (7) in UK and none of them have an appointment in 2009. There are no dates shown for 2010.

So what options have we got. It is a bit surprising there is no appointment in any of the UK offices on any day for the rest of the year. I am not sure how others are getting their appointments and how early are they booking their appointments.

Any thoughts please ?
Phone them up and let them know. It wouldn't surprise me if solicitors have booked some of the slots on the off chance that they get a client in asking about ILR.

balded
Newly Registered

ilr

Post by balded » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:22 pm

Hi,
I couldn't get an appoitment either and hence had to contact a solicitor
(I need my passport as I travel frequently).
The solicitors have plenty of appoitments.
In facts the reason that it is difficult (impossible) to get an appoitment
is that the solicitors take all of them. That's crap, but what can we do.

Anyways, if you need to an application in person contact of the the slimy
solicitors. They will give you an appoitment next week, if you wish.

cheers, ed

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Re: ilr

Post by keshgrover » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:25 pm

balded wrote:Hi,

cheers, ed
That is another step by HO to make rich poeple more richer. People those dont have to go to solicitors for their cases now have to go to them to get appointments. Rediculous.
KESH

balded
Newly Registered

Post by balded » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:33 pm

keshgrover wrote:

cheers, ed
That is another step by HO to make rich poeple more richer. People those dont have to go to solicitors for their cases now have to go to them to get appointments. Rediculous.
True. I paid £690 for a crapy solicitor. Good news is that I've got the ILR.
The solicitor did nothing but to represent me there. Good money for less than an hour.
Britian becomes a third world state where the public has no access to
state sevices and need to go through slimy solicitors. Almost a bribe.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:23 pm

balded wrote:
keshgrover wrote:

cheers, ed
True. I paid £690 for a crapy solicitor. Good news is that I've got the ILR.
The solicitor did nothing but to represent me there. Good money for less than an hour.
Britian becomes a third world state where the public has no access to
state sevices and need to go through slimy solicitors. Almost a bribe.
It wont last long. People are awake and more responding. It is not 50's era any more.
KESH

sac

Post by sac » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:56 am

you guys are over-reacting.

appointment slots are released periodically. from what i can see, 8 weeks ahead. so if you're looking to book something beyond that, it will show no availability because those days haven't been allocated yet. ok?

i've just checked Croydon PEO, as an example, and I can see that appointments are available for 9, 10 and 11 December, whereas the week after that (14-19 Dec) is entirely unavailable (ie, unallocated).

and some of you - not the OP - you need to have some patience. don't be so quick to condemn. all of life is not a conspiracy against you. and keshgrover, please learn to spell 'ridiculous'. bad spelling is annoying.

gadgets
Newly Registered

Post by gadgets » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:27 pm

I agree that it is possible to get an appointment. I was able to book an appointment at my preferred location after trying for over 3 weeks. Definitely keep an eye on the new week added. The appointment I got was on the new week, it was on a Tuesday afternoon that I succeeded.

positivesolitude

Post by positivesolitude » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:48 pm

Can we apply for ILR at PEO -Cardiff .

Sreeram79
Newly Registered

Post by Sreeram79 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:04 pm

Hi,

Just want to know what time the online for new commencing week is opened something like midnight of today for the next new following week you will find the option something like that. Anyhow I will try myself, but thought of hearing some experience views.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:14 pm

sac wrote:you guys are over-reacting.

appointment slots are released periodically. from what i can see, 8 weeks ahead. so if you're looking to book something beyond that, it will show no availability because those days haven't been allocated yet. ok?

i've just checked Croydon PEO, as an example, and I can see that appointments are available for 9, 10 and 11 December, whereas the week after that (14-19 Dec) is entirely unavailable (ie, unallocated).

and some of you - not the OP - you need to have some patience. don't be so quick to condemn. all of life is not a conspiracy against you. and keshgrover, please learn to spell 'ridiculous'. bad spelling is annoying.
Thanks for correcting ''SAC''.
KESH

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:27 pm

Sreeram79 wrote:Hi,

Just want to know what time the online for new commencing week is opened something like midnight of today for the next new following week you will find the option something like that. Anyhow I will try myself, but thought of hearing some experience views.
Yes, I am interested in knowing if such a thing exists. After hearing from one of the above posters, I tried again but no luck , there is nothing available in any of the offices in all slots that have been opened.

HASINIHSMP
Newly Registered

Post by HASINIHSMP » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:49 pm

Dear All

I am planning to book an online appointment for my self and two dependants with me. As I am planning to take their passports with me, do I add them as another person attending or just my details is alright, I am asking this because when I enter all the three people details the booking page says three people attending, I don’t know is that the reason I am unable to find any slots at all the locations?

Cheers
Hasi

sac

Post by sac » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:33 pm

It appears that appointments have been released for the week Dec 14-18.

I've just booked a SET(O) appointment for 17-12-09 in Croydon PEO.

I tried earlier today, in the morning and then again in the afternoon, but no luck... trying for the third time now (around 6:15pm) i managed to succeed.

so just keep trying!
good luck

riss10
Newly Registered

Post by riss10 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:19 pm

[quote="sac"]you guys are over-reacting.

quote]

No, they are not overeacting. I rang up the home office for 3 months and was constantly told "There are no appointments available" over and over again. When I asked how far ahead was he looking, I received the same response. I ended up sending in my application.

It's very frustrating. Like everyone else has said, the appointments are all being booked up by soliciters.