ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

student visa extension refusal and right to appeal

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

toritori
Newly Registered

student visa extension refusal and right to appeal

Post by toritori » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm

Please i would appreciate advise on the next step to take regarding this matter. I came into this country in 2005 for my masters which i finshed in 2007. i was granted my IGS in 2008 for 1 year, before the expiration i reapplied for extension of the work permit but was refused on the grounds of not meeting the requirements for maintenance, apparently for my son and i, i was meant to have 1350pounds in my account for a period of 3months i was not aware so i quickly went to my college where i had started an acca course and got documents showing i had just started my acca course and would like to switch my category as their refusal letter said i could. But after 5months of my passport being in the home office i was still refused on the basis that i had not provided satisfactory evidence that i have been accepted for a course of study, at either a publicly funded institution for further or higher education which maintains satisfactory records of enrolment and attendance of students and supplies these to the border and immigration agency when requested........ i am not entirely sure what this really means, but they are saying i do not satisfy the requirements of the immigration rules for this category under paragraph 62 with reference to 60(ii) and 57(i) of HC 395 (as amended).

I have been given the right to appeal and the deadline is 15th september 2009. What do u advise me to do? What additional evidence would be wise to include in an appeal? in my initial application i included my admissions letter and attendance letter from the college. The name of the college is William Shakespeare College, BILT Mansions, 4-16 Deptford Bridge, London, SE8 4HH. At the moment i still work full time with a firm in london, will my appeal affect me from working? is it possible to continue working while my appeal is going on if i choose to an appeal? should i go back to my country to apply? If i choose to do that can i now apply for extension of the additional 1 year for the IGS which is now PBSW general? Any thoughts or advise? I am grateful as hoping to hear from you soon.

supermannum1
Newly Registered

need to see ur college's admin

Post by supermannum1 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:17 pm

My visa is like you happened. UKBA refused to provide 30 points and I have to appeal before 9 sept 09. I went to my college and I showed the refusal letter from UKBA to college's admin and they provided another letter for me. I hope you need to see ur college's admin or someone who responsible for the college.

I hope its help

sehdev.akash
Newly Registered

Application Refusal

Post by sehdev.akash » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:01 am

Hi There,

I am Akash, Education UK Ambassador.

It seems that your application has been refused as the college you are studying in is not a recognised institution in the list for UKBA application. I would advice to consult student advisory services at your college.

For further information on the status of your college, please refer to http://www.educationuk.org/pls/hot_bc/b ... 12&y=0&a=0

I hope this information is helpful. Good luck with your applications.

Regards.
Akash Sehdev

lizzambewe
Newly Registered

need advice too

Post by lizzambewe » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:38 pm

i sent my application in april just b4 it expired but the home office returned my documents because i didn't have enough money(visa fee) in my account and the said it was invalid...i resent the application,went for my biometrics and recently recieved the verdict,been told my application is unsuccessfull and i have no right to an appeal...how can i return my rights??please help.my pass port is beign held by the home office and i need to call them in 9 days to arrange my travel...i don't think its fair especially as i'm doing very well in my accounting course(ACCA).