ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unemployment Benefits | British Citizen

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RagsKasthuri
BANNED

Unemployment Benefits | British Citizen

Post by RagsKasthuri » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:20 pm

Hi

As a British Citizen, am I able to claim employment seekers benefits if I am out of job?

Example: If I am made redundant next month, am I able to claim benefits straight away? If yes, can someone explain what is the procedure for claiming benefits?

Thanks
Rags

meats
BANNED

Re: Unemployment Benefits | British Citizen

Post by meats » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:26 pm

RagsKasthuri wrote:Hi

As a British Citizen, am I able to claim employment seekers benefits if I am out of job?

Example: If I am made redundant next month, am I able to claim benefits straight away? If yes, can someone explain what is the procedure for claiming benefits?

Thanks
Rags
Yes, apply online (google jobseekers benefit for the website as i can't remeber what it is). They'll then phone you and arrange an appointment. That is the day that your jobseekers benefit will be paid from, ie the day of the appointment and not the date of redundancy.