ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Settlement - Applying for Visa Online

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukgirl85
Newly Registered

UK Settlement - Applying for Visa Online

Post by ukgirl85 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:00 pm

I have started my online application for settlement to join my husband in the UK. Early on in the application it asks what date I intend to enter to the UK and what date I intend to leave the UK. Since I am applying for settlement, I do not intend to leave the UK. Unfortunately, it will not allow me to leave this question blank. I was wondering if anyone else had come across this when applying for their settlement visa online. If so, what should I do? I tried contacting WorldBridge and I got the reply that they cannot help anyone fill out their application form. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Re: UK Settlement - Applying for Visa Online

Post by keshgrover » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:01 pm

ukgirl85 wrote:I have started my online application for settlement to join my husband in the UK. Early on in the application it asks what date I intend to enter to the UK and what date I intend to leave the UK. Since I am applying for settlement, I do not intend to leave the UK. Unfortunately, it will not allow me to leave this question blank. I was wondering if anyone else had come across this when applying for their settlement visa online. If so, what should I do? I tried contacting WorldBridge and I got the reply that they cannot help anyone fill out their application form. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
You can put it as NA (Not applicable)
KESH

ukgirl85
Newly Registered

Post by ukgirl85 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:05 pm

I tried doing that, but it said it was not in the valid date format and would not let me continue.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:09 pm

ukgirl85 wrote:I tried doing that, but it said it was not in the valid date format and would not let me continue.
Is your husband British? If so you should be applying for spouse visa.

ukgirl85
Newly Registered

Post by ukgirl85 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:10 pm

That's what I am applying for, the spousal visa.

rinav

Hi

Post by rinav » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:31 am

When we filled in our form we were advised by the solicitor to put the date 10 days ahead. However I have read on many posts that people but 30 days ahead.

ukgirl85
Newly Registered

Post by ukgirl85 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:04 am

I was wondering what date to put when I was intending to leave the UK, it makes me put one on the form. Since I don't want to leave the UK, it didn't really make sense!

Juv
BANNED

Post by Juv » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:36 pm

I read somewhere else that there is a glitch in the system regarding that. The advise was given that you should just fill in any date in future even if it's a settlement visa and then later write in comments that the system wouldnt let you pass that page without filling in the date. Good luck.

andyb123

Post by andyb123 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:52 am

yeah, I just had this problem too, I just put a date about 10 years in the future