ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

enforced removal from UK,possible to enter any EC countries?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

trower101
Newly Registered

enforced removal from UK,possible to enter any EC countries?

Post by trower101 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:01 am

earlier this year a good friend of mine (a failed asylum seeker who had been here for 9 years) was removed from the UK, he refused to return voluntarily to his country in the middle east as he still had fears for his safety there. He is now subject to a 10 year re-entry ban.
Does anybody know whether this ban would apply to other European countries, I know details of a person's immigration history are shared amongst EC countries. Perhaps he might be subject to a shorter entry ban (if subject to a ban at all) in some European countries?
I may very well be moving to either Spain or France within the near future to live, and would be very happy if he would obtain a visitor's visa periodically to come and visit me once i meet any requirements to be a sponsor for his visit....a working visa would be even better, but as a low skilled worker i presume this would be impossible with the europe wide recession and the imposition of much stricter rules regarding the skills of migrants? (he is a low skilled worker). He also has friends in other European countries such as Germany, Holland and Sweden.
Any information would be very gratefully received...many thanks!

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:10 am

If he has genuine fears for his safety then why not go to the closest safe country to him, say Turkey, instead of trying to go to Europe?

The EU countries will know about his ban from the UK yes and yes it might impact on any future visa application he makes to an EU country. The UK ban doesn't automatically include the EU countries but it will make it very hard for him to get a visa. I'm guessing that the EU countries will take a similar line to the UK with regards to a visitor's visa, in that he will have to show strong ties to the country he's living in and convince them that he will return to his own country. Having been a failed asylum seeker then this will be very very hard for him to do. He also has no chance of a work visa and he would be wasting his money to even try that route.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:26 am

Odd isn't it how 'the first safe country' for asylum seekers happens to be just about the furthest away! Apart from Ireland and Iceland....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....