ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No interview?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

andyb123

No interview?

Post by andyb123 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:15 am

Hi Guys, my Fiance has just been in to the British Consulate in Hanoi, Vietnam to have her biometrics taken, hand in the paperwork and fee, and I would have presumed to have an interview (as this is what my friends other halves have had to do for visit visas)... now, I am aware that the paperwork for Vietnam now all goes off to Bangkok for approval, but my Fiance was also not interviewed at all, just told to go back to Ho Chi Minh City and they would call her later

does anyone know what is going on abroad with interviews for a Spouse visa, do they not do them anymore or is she going to get called back to Hanoi for an interview (a bit inconvenient as it'll mean another £100 on flights, hotels etc)?

javadp
Newly Registered

Visa

Post by javadp » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:55 am

As far as I know, they do not interview all applicants. If the info already provided is not sufficent, then they will call you in for the interview but majority of cases these days are decided without the need for interview as per my wife's case which was 2 years ago.

andyb123

Post by andyb123 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:31 am

oh ok... just everyone else I've ever known go to hanoi to hand in the paperwork, have always been given an interview the same day (as in, told to wait right there until their name is called, the most recent was about 4 months ago)... but then everyone else I know has been going for a Visit Visa not a Spouse Visa

with my Fiance they just flicked through the paperwork, asked her if she had any photos and then told her to go back to HCMC

I did send absolutely every possible piece of paperwork I could, so I'm hoping it's just a sign that the paperwork is so totally in order that they didn't feel the need to ask her anything

now the nervous wait begins

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:43 am

Most settlement/visitors applications through out the world are now solely determined by the documentary evidence provided.

If you are invited for an interview, its normally because they are not happy about certain things and want to to discuss it with the applicant to clarify the matter.

javadp
Newly Registered

Visa

Post by javadp » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:42 am

I also believe you OK. Seems like your documents was sufficiant enough for the decision. This was the case for my wife. When seh went to hand in her application and documents, they looked throught it and told her to go home and they'll be in touch. We also had plenty documents and proof etc. She got a call to collect her passport/visa in a week. But if your decision has to be made in another country, the it will take a while longer. I would say you'll need to wait for 2 weeks.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:53 pm

But if your decision has to be made in another country, the it will take a while longer. I would say you'll need to wait for 2 weeks.
In cases in Pakistan, where the decisions is made in London and Abu Dhabi, it takes on average 4 months to sort out.

Dont worry I dont think yours will be that long :D :lol:

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:57 pm

How come she went to Hanoi if she's living in Saigon? It says on the UK embassy's website that people living north of Danang go to Hanoi and those south of Danang go to Saigon. Bit strange that she had to go to Hanoi.

Let me know what happens though as i'm in a similar boat to you as my fiance's in Hue and we'll be having fun and games with this next year!

andyb123

Post by andyb123 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:56 pm

it always used to be that the office in HCMC would accept "fast track" applications only and even then you could be "invited" to hanoi for an interview, as of September '09 the consulate in HCMC no longer accepts any applications, they say this is temporary but...

http://ukinvietnam.fco.gov.uk/en/visas/how-do-i-apply/