ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 2 APPLICATION

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hakinway
Newly Registered

EEA 2 APPLICATION

Post by hakinway » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:27 pm

HELLO,
I APPLIED FOR A RESIDENCE CARD AND I WAS SENT A CERTIFICATE OF APPLICATION WHICH SAYS I COULD WORK IN THE UK, THE LETTER ALSO SAYS THE APPLICATION WILL BE DECIDED WITHIN 6 MONTHS AFTER WHICH I SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED MY RESIDENCE CARD TO SHOW MY EMPLOYER, BUT IT'S 6 MONTHS NOW AND I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD FROM THEM. MY CONCERN IS CAN I STILL CONTINUE TO WORK OR TAKE UP ANOTHER EMPLOYMENT AFTER THE 6 MONTHS PERIOD ON MY CERTIFICATE OF APPLICATION HAS LAPSED OR WHAT WILL HAPPEN???
THANKS

BLK235

Post by BLK235 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:34 am

No need to shout.

hakinway
Newly Registered

EEA 2 APPLICATION

Post by hakinway » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:02 am

thanks for your reply. but the problem is i've not given them the letter where i work cos i'm currently working there on a student visa but the visa will expire this month end and i have to provide another evidence of right to work. that's why i want to know if i can still give them the certificate of application i received and the six months period on it already lapsed on the 14th of october. thanks

pdykid

Re: EEA 2 APPLICATION

Post by pdykid » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:10 am

hakinway wrote:thanks for your reply. but the problem is i've not given them the letter where i work cos i'm currently working there on a student visa but the visa will expire this month end and i have to provide another evidence of right to work. that's why i want to know if i can still give them the certificate of application i received and the six months period on it already lapsed on the 14th of october. thanks
you can produce the EEA2 Certificate of application, if your employer have any doubt he can call a HO office using special number (which is in the letter) and clear their doubts.

complain to this email NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
tell them 6months was over.

no need to panic... all the best.

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: EEA 2 APPLICATION

Post by Ben » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:52 pm

hakinway wrote:i've not given them the letter where i work cos i'm currently working there on a student visa
You are working there as the family member of an EEA national, resident in the UK and not subject to immigration controls.

Show them the letter.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

hakinway
Newly Registered

EEA 2 APPLICATION

Post by hakinway » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:21 pm

Thanks so much for ur advice, it has really helped me a lot.