ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Funds maintainance for dependents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eskay_s

Funds maintainance for dependents

Post by eskay_s » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:22 am

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for myself in next month from India(pune-vfs), and I have been maintaining the amount in INR ,which is equivalent to 2800 pounds to show as my maintenance funds from more than 3months.

Once, I arrive in the UK and find a job for myself, I would like to apply for my dependents(2). At that time, I can show funds for my dependents. My dependents might join me in the UK within 6-7 months of my arrival.

My doubt is:

Is it necessary for me to show a total of 2800 + 1600 +1600 funds in my maintenance requirements, while applying for Tier 1 for just myself, even if I am NOT applying for my dependents at this point of time?

This confusion arose because of following statements in VAF9A, Part 7; which states "You must have 2800 available funds for yourself plus 1600 for each dependent accompanying you or intending to join you in the UK within 12 months of your arrival in the UK".

Please someone clarify my doubt...

Thanks

eskay_s

Post by eskay_s » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:25 am

Gurus,

Could some one please look into my query?

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:32 am

Hi eskay,

I am no guru in these matters, but here are my thoughts.
I am planning to apply for myself in next month from India(pune-vfs), and I have been maintaining the amount in INR ,which is equivalent to 2800 pounds to show as my maintenance funds from more than 3months.
Cool good luck with your application.
Is it necessary for me to show a total of 2800 + 1600 +1600 funds in my maintenance requirements, while applying for Tier 1 for just myself, even if I am NOT applying for my dependents at this point of time?
No if you are not applying with your dependants now, you only need to show a minimum of £2800 "liquid" funds in your possession.
This confusion arose because of following statements in VAF9A, Part 7; which states "You must have 2800 available funds for yourself plus 1600 for each dependent accompanying you or intending to join you in the UK within 12 months of your arrival in the UK".
Well, I would ignore this ambiguous statement and just prove the £2800 funds for the time being.

When you apply for your dependants from the UK later, at that time you can worry about proving that you have enough funds for supporting your dependents.

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Funds maintainance for dependents

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:59 pm

eskay_s wrote:Hi All,

Once, I arrive in the UK and find a job for myself, I would like to apply for my dependents(2). At that time, I can show funds for my dependents. My dependents might join me in the UK within 6-7 months of my arrival.

My doubt is:

This confusion arose because of following statements in VAF9A, Part 7; which states " You must have 2800 available funds for yourself plus 1600 for each dependent accompanying you or intending to join you in the UK within 12 months of your arrival in the UK ".

Please someone clarify my doubt...

Thanks
If dependents are neither accompanying you nor willing to join you in the first 12 months, when you land in UK, you just need to show 2800 GBP.

eskay_s

Post by eskay_s » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:55 pm

Thanks every one for your replies....

I need clarification for another scenario,please help me.

1) I am planning to apply for myself in next month from India(pune-vfs), and I am maintaining the amount in INR ,which is equivalent to 2800 pounds to show as my maintenance funds from more than 3months.

2) I am planning to mention the travel date as after 3months(ex: Jan 2010),so I hope I will get the visa date(start date) as Jan2010.

My doubt is Once I got the visa ,and before traveling to UK,can I apply for dependent visa.In this case I hope I need to maintain the funds (2800 + 1600) after I got the visa?Currently I am maintaining only 2800GBP

In the initial application what should I mention 'Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later?'

eskay_s

Post by eskay_s » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:22 am

Could some one please reply for my queries?

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:37 am

eskay_s wrote:Thanks every one for your replies....

I need clarification for another scenario,please help me.

1) I am planning to apply for myself in next month from India(pune-vfs), and I am maintaining the amount in INR ,which is equivalent to 2800 pounds to show as my maintenance funds from more than 3months.

2) I am planning to mention the travel date as after 3months(ex: Jan 2010),so I hope I will get the visa date(start date) as Jan2010.

My doubt is Once I got the visa ,and before traveling to UK,can I apply for dependent visa.In this case I hope I need to maintain the funds (2800 + 1600) after I got the visa?Currently I am maintaining only 2800GBP.

Yes, if your dependent wishes to join you before you complete 12 months in UK, you have to maintain 2800 GBP for you and 1600 GBP for your dependent, for the period of three months. However, if your dependent uses his own bank statements for maintenance funds, then just need to show 1600 GBP. So, after you get visa, you can transfer the required amount to your dependent's saving account. Hope that helps.

In the initial application what should I mention 'Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later?

NO, because if your dependent is travelling with you, both of you should apply visa at the same time.

eskay_s

Post by eskay_s » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:22 am

Thanks for your reply mventoo...

Since I am planning to apply for my self currently and wants to apply for my dependents after I got my tier 1 visa:

I am filling as 'NO' for the question mentioned below in 'VAF9(March 2009) form.

"5.1 Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later? If they are travelling later please provide their date of travel in Part 7.
(If single go to 5.6) Put a cross (x) in the relevant box"

Please confirm again and thanks in advance..

Here I wanted to bring your attention again that I'll apply visa for my dependents once I got visa and before travelling to UK.

For ex: I apply on 2nd nov 2009,and got visa stamped on 20th Nov 2009 with visa start date as 31st january 2010(as per my request).

So I'll start maintain amount in my account for my dependent from 21st Nov 2009 to 21st February 2010.And I'll apply my dependent's visa on 28 February 2010...

I will plan for my travel in feb/march month.

In this case also does my answer is 'NO' for the above mentioned question? (5.1)

Thanks...

eskay_s

Post by eskay_s » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:31 pm

mventoo/Chetan/tvn_ramesh,

Need your attention here plz!!!!!

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:28 pm

eskay_s wrote:Thanks for your reply mventoo...

Since I am planning to apply for my self currently and wants to apply for my dependents after I got my tier 1 visa:

I am filling as 'NO' for the question mentioned below in 'VAF9(March 2009) form.

"5.1 Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later? If they are travelling later please provide their date of travel in Part 7.
(If single go to 5.6) Put a cross (x) in the relevant box"

Please confirm again and thanks in advance..

Here I wanted to bring your attention again that I'll apply visa for my dependents once I got visa and before travelling to UK.

For ex: I apply on 2nd nov 2009,and got visa stamped on 20th Nov 2009 with visa start date as 31st january 2010(as per my request).

So I'll start maintain amount in my account for my dependent from 21st Nov 2009 to 21st February 2010.And I'll apply my dependent's visa on 28 February 2010...

I will plan for my travel in feb/march month.

In this case also does my answer is 'NO' for the above mentioned question? (5.1)

Thanks...
Yes, you can say "NO" now as ur funds are not sufficient ;

Later when you apply for ur dependents you can justify that with valid reasons..

but when u apply for ur dependents you yourselves shd also have enough m.funds.. ok

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:24 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote: Yes, you can say "NO" now as ur funds are not sufficient ;
Later when you apply for ur dependents you can justify that with valid reasons..

but when u apply for ur dependents you yourselves shd also have enough m.funds.. ok
Also, how can you say "YES", while your dependents are not even applying with you?

eskay_s

Post by eskay_s » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:51 am

Thanks tvn_ramesh,mventoo for your replies!!!

I doubted if I mention NO now,In future I could not able to apply for my dependents,Thats the reason I asked you again and again.

Tx for your patience.

Cheers!!!

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:17 am

eskay_s wrote:Thanks tvn_ramesh,mventoo for your replies!!!

I doubted if I mention NO now,In future I could not able to apply for my dependents,Thats the reason I asked you again and again.

Tx for your patience.

Cheers!!!
i understand that concern.. that is the reason i mentioned:
As when you apply for ur dependents you can give some reasons to justify why you want them to join u before 12months.. this sentence u can put in ur sponser letter u will give to ur dependents.. that is later part.. we can think of it later...[/quote]