ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAF1 Entry clearance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ashwin2005

VAF1 Entry clearance

Post by Ashwin2005 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:56 pm

I am going to apply for Entry Clearance.

(1) Should a separate VAF1 form be submitted for each dependent, including children?

(2) Is it necessary to resign my current job before applying for EC (and show this as proof for intention to make UK as home)? I do not want to resign my job until I get the Entry clearance. If I resign my job now, and if entry clearance is refused, I will be nowhere..

Markie

Re: VAF1 Entry clearance

Post by Markie » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:37 am

Ashwin2005 wrote:I am going to apply for Entry Clearance.

(1) Should a separate VAF1 form be submitted for each dependent, including children?

(2) Is it necessary to resign my current job before applying for EC (and show this as proof for intention to make UK as home)? I do not want to resign my job until I get the Entry clearance. If I resign my job now, and if entry clearance is refused, I will be nowhere..
Ashwin, following your numbering:

1 - Yes it is necessary to have separate applications

2 - Not necessary to resign from your current job.

Bako
Newly Registered

Post by Bako » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:57 pm

Who will sign the VAF1 form for dependants who are children and who can not write?

Bako

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:23 am

Bako,
Th eparent can sign..either father or mother
Bako wrote:Who will sign the VAF1 form for dependants who are children and who can not write?

Bako
My bow has been renewed

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:47 am

The forms for the children should each be completed as if the child was personally completing the form ... which makes it easy to understand how to answer questions such as "Are you married?" !!!!

Then, as yodiyokun correctly says, the form should be signed by either parent ..... using their usual signature.
John