ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Limited Leave to Remain(Student). URGENT PLS HELP!!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dewales001

Limited Leave to Remain(Student). URGENT PLS HELP!!!

Post by dewales001 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:23 pm

Hi Guys!!!

I'm an international student here in the UK with a dependant (Wife). I have a Limited Leave to Remain as a Student under the former immigration rules (NOT PBS Tier 4) that expires 31st of January 2010. I finished my MSc course officially on 30th SEPT. 2009 from a recognised university in Scotland and due to graduate in June 2010.

My problem is that I want to travel to my home country for a family member funeral sometime in December and will be back shortly after christmas (28/12/2009). I wanted to transfer my status to PBS Tier 1 (Post Study Work Visa) which I believe I'm entitled to after a succesful completion of my MSc using the UKBA premium service before traveling, but all HO centers are fully booked till the week commencing 14th December 2009.
My plan now is to book for January appointment in any of the HO centers once available.

My question is; will the immigration officer at the point of entry allow me and my dependant back into the country with my current Leave to Remain? Or will I be sent back because I finished my course officially in September?

taliska

Post by taliska » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:23 pm

that should not be a problem, but they may ask you questions about your study etc... The Problem is as you have finished your course this may be an issue as they could deny you re-entry if they feel you may overstay you visa(which i know would not be your aim) but the Immigration officer could decline you entry and ask you to reapply for entry nearer the date of your graduation for that in particular. The best advice would be to ensure you get the Post study work visa. So you just have to keep looking for appointments

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:28 am

90% cances that there will be problems on arrival

plan to get PSW and than fly out and in with LONG term visa in hand
CDOKS

blue.olive

Re: Limited Leave to Remain(Student). URGENT PLS HELP!!!

Post by blue.olive » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:27 pm

dewales001 wrote:Hi Guys!!!

I'm an international student here in the UK with a dependant (Wife). I have a Limited Leave to Remain as a Student under the former immigration rules (NOT PBS Tier 4) that expires 31st of January 2010. I finished my MSc course officially on 30th SEPT. 2009 from a recognised university in Scotland and due to graduate in June 2010.

My problem is that I want to travel to my home country for a family member funeral sometime in December and will be back shortly after christmas (28/12/2009). I wanted to transfer my status to PBS Tier 1 (Post Study Work Visa) which I believe I'm entitled to after a succesful completion of my MSc using the UKBA premium service before traveling, but all HO centers are fully booked till the week commencing 14th December 2009.
My plan now is to book for January appointment in any of the HO centers once available.

My question is; will the immigration officer at the point of entry allow me and my dependant back into the country with my current Leave to Remain? Or will I be sent back because I finished my course officially in September?
I think u better to get PSW and then go
one of my friend get degree from good uni like u and his pws is approved in less then two weeks
olive

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:45 pm

apply for your psw and there is every chance that you'll get your passport back before december but obviosly there is no guarantee.

the other option is to contact a solicitor who can get you a same day appointment but they will charge a good fees, be careful in selecting a solicitor

good luck