ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusing the caseworker

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

myegin11

Confusing the caseworker

Post by myegin11 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:46 pm

Hi guys

I am ashamed of writing again and again about my application but I have just read other forum messages which made me concerned yet again.
I am an IT contractor working through my own limited company where I am the sole director, shareholder and the sole employee.
I applied just before my visa expiration date (this is another story) hence wanted to make sure I put everything in my application pack.
So, along with other evidence documents, to prove my previous earnings I included the following in the file labeled as 'Main Evidence':
- Payslips
- Dividend vouchers
- Personal bank statements
- Letter from the accountant for the breakdown of salary and dividends (just realised in the guidance it says this is only for self-employed people which again is another item to confuse the caseworker)

Just in case, I included another file labeled as 'Additional supplamentary evidence'. In this one, I put everything I have for the company:
- Company accounts
- Company bank statements
- Invoices
- Contracts
- Certificates (incorporation, VAT, share)
- and even more :)

On the application form, I claimed that I was applying as 'Employed'. I mentioned this in my main cover letter. For the additional documents, I also mentioned "please be aware that these documents do not need to corroborate with my personal earnings as they constitute the company’s accounts and may belong to a different period." Also included a cover letter for the additional documents file where I mention the same (too cautious, surprisingly I sleep well at nights)

Now I have read some messages saying their application were rejected as the caseworker tried to justify earnings by cross checking company accounts, invoices etc.

I now regret I sent too many documents which might confuse the caseworker. (I am sure otherwise I would regret I did not send everything I have). I sent all because I had only one shot as my visa expiry date was close.

Anyway, anyone having relevant comments except telling I am too cautious which I already know :)?

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:53 pm

I think you should sit back and relax now as if you start panicking now and try to send anything more you might actually confuse them more.

God forbade if something bad happens you can still get appeal etc and there were many who just resent the documents after the visa has expired and they were still granted the extention. But this is extreme case.

As you have given everything just stop worrying about it and pray. I think that is the best advice

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: Confusing the caseworker

Post by crowbar6 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:43 pm

myegin11 wrote:Hi guys

I am ashamed of writing again and again about my application but I have just read other forum messages which made me concerned yet again.
I am an IT contractor working through my own limited company where I am the sole director, shareholder and the sole employee.
I applied just before my visa expiration date (this is another story) hence wanted to make sure I put everything in my application pack.
So, along with other evidence documents, to prove my previous earnings I included the following in the file labeled as 'Main Evidence':
- Payslips
- Dividend vouchers
- Personal bank statements
- Letter from the accountant for the breakdown of salary and dividends (just realised in the guidance it says this is only for self-employed people which again is another item to confuse the caseworker)

Just in case, I included another file labeled as 'Additional supplamentary evidence'. In this one, I put everything I have for the company:
- Company accounts
- Company bank statements
- Invoices
- Contracts
- Certificates (incorporation, VAT, share)
- and even more :)

On the application form, I claimed that I was applying as 'Employed'. I mentioned this in my main cover letter. For the additional documents, I also mentioned "please be aware that these documents do not need to corroborate with my personal earnings as they constitute the company’s accounts and may belong to a different period." Also included a cover letter for the additional documents file where I mention the same (too cautious, surprisingly I sleep well at nights)

Now I have read some messages saying their application were rejected as the caseworker tried to justify earnings by cross checking company accounts, invoices etc.

I now regret I sent too many documents which might confuse the caseworker. (I am sure otherwise I would regret I did not send everything I have). I sent all because I had only one shot as my visa expiry date was close.

Anyway, anyone having relevant comments except telling I am too cautious which I already know :)?
Good luck. It should be ok.
Regards,
crowbar6

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:30 pm

U will be fine

relax
CDOKS

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:16 am

If all docs coincide with each other, there should be no problem. Good luck.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Confusing the caseworker

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:47 am

If you have claimed yourself to be Employed and your main evidences corroborate each other, you will be fine.

It is not adviced to provide evidences/documents which can conused case workers. But since you have clearly highlighted "Main Evidences" and "Additional Evidences" you should be fine. Caseworker should look at main evidences only.

myegin11

Post by myegin11 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:34 am

Thanks guys.

It is just because the additional documents sent may make the caseworker to make company accounts check and try to corroborate every item stated like totals etc where the totals would not match as my personal earnings are claimed for, say period A, whereas the company accounts is for a different period.

Anyway, thanks for your comments. Hope the caseworker will take it simple and consider what I mentioned in the cover letter. I will inform you of the outcome.

Cheers...

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:11 am

Each case is different so you shd not worry becos of the above thing.. if u submitted and explained ur case properly.. just relax and just dont unnecessarly panic as it wont help you at all..

This will also pass soon and you shd be fine.. goodluck

extendT1
Newly Registered

Post by extendT1 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:52 pm

Hi myegin11,

Can you please let me know how did your application go?

Thanks.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:44 pm

extendT1 wrote:Hi myegin11,

Can you please let me know how did your application go?

Thanks.
Thats what happened to his application. Its been a year now.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer