ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help urgently-Bank letter for maintainance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sandeepak
Newly Registered

Post by sandeepak » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:17 pm

Dear all,

I got the letter from bank in following format:
This is certify that Ms. (Name ) is having a saving account no. xxxx with us since 26/07/2006.This is to further certify that the balance in the saving account is Rs xxxx and term deposit is Rs xxxxxx as on (todays date). The above mentioned balance can be liquified at any time.

This certificate is given on the specific request of the customer without any risk or liability on part of the bank or its employees.

For HDFC bank

Authorized signature

Date: xxxx

sandeepak
Newly Registered

Post by sandeepak » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:20 pm

So, I want to know whether this format is fulfilling the maintanance requirement.

Please help

Thanks in advance

Regards

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Please help urgently-Bank letter for maintainance

Post by mvent00 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:24 pm

This letter does not state the period of three months for maintenance funds, hence it would be a straightforward rejection. It is clearly against the Tier 1 guidance, which says that letter showing balance on a particular day will not be accepted. You MUST get a statement something like below in the letter:

The minimum balance maintained in this account from 00-00-2009 to 00-00-2009 was .......Rs.

SAMPLE:
1 - Letter from bank (text is as follows)

This is to certify that Mr. XXXXXXXXXXXXXX is maintaining a (name of bank) Savings Account with us bearing Account no. 11111111111 since April 2000.

The balance of funds held in this account as on 00/00/2009 is XXXX.00 Rupees (in text: XXXX Rupees)

The minimum balance maintained in this account for the period between 00/00/2009 to 00/00/2009 is XXXX.00 Rupess (in text: XXXX Rupees).

The certificate is issued at the request of the account holder without any recourse to us or commitment on our part.

I hereby certify that the above information is true and correct.

Date, signature and stamp (statement issued on official letter pad).

sandeepak wrote:Dear all,

I got the letter from bank in following format:
This is certify that Ms. (Name ) is having a saving account no. xxxx with us since 26/07/2006.This is to further certify that the balance in the saving account is Rs xxxx and term deposit is Rs xxxxxx as on (todays date). The above mentioned balance can be liquified at any time.

This certificate is given on the specific request of the customer without any risk or liability on part of the bank or its employees.

For HDFC bank

Authorized signature

sandeepak
Newly Registered

Post by sandeepak » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:42 pm

Thank you very much for reply.

I maintained fund as a term deposit and I got certificate as follows:

To Whomsoever It May Concern

Dear all,

This is certify that Ms. (Name ) is having a saving account no. xxxx with us since 26/07/2006.This is to further certify that the balance in the saving account is Rs one thousand and term deposit is Rs 417000 as on (todays date). The above mentioned balance can be liquified at any time.

For HDFC bank

Authorized signature

I will try to get it according to you but it is stating that only in saving ac only 1000 Rs is there and in term deposit it is 417000. So it is ok?

Please suggest.
Thands in advance

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:25 pm

sandeepak wrote:Thank you very much for reply.

I maintained fund as a term deposit and I got certificate as follows:

Dear all,

This is certify that Ms. (Name ) is having a saving account no. xxxx with us since 26/07/2006. This is to further certify that the balance in the saving account is Rs one thousand and term deposit is Rs 417000 as on (todays date). The above-mentioned term deposit balance of Rs 417000, has been maintained in this account since ??/??/2??? and it can be liquified at any time.

For HDFC bank

Authorized signature

I will try to get it according to you but it is stating that only in saving ac only 1000 Rs is there and in term deposit it is 417000. So it is ok?

Please suggest.
Thands in advance
I think you should try to add the highlighted wordings in the letter. You must include the starting date of fixed deposit.

sandeepak
Newly Registered

Post by sandeepak » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:33 pm

Dear all,

Today, I requested to bank and then got modified letter from bank in following format:

This is certify that my wife name is having term deposit with us bearing no.: xxxxxx for an amount of Rs. 4,17,000 (words). The term deposit is there since 24/02/2009 and the maturity date is 09/03/2010. The term deposit can be liquified at any time.
I hereby certify that above information is true and correct.

For HDFC bank

Authorized signature

My queries is following:
1. They have mentioned the maturity date is 09/03/2010 but not today date.
This the maturity date is ok or not and if not then once again I will request to bank manager to modify it.
2. Liquedity condition is fulfilling or not?
3. Liquified word is ok I think it is a grammatical mistake and liquefied is correct work?
4. My wife is primary applicant and she is having sufficient amt ( as a term deposit) so I think that it is fulfilling the requirement and I am not showing any balance in my account (dependent) because I think my wife term deposit is sufficient? Is it required that i should show the money in my ac also?
Thanks in advance

Regards

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:47 pm

sandeepak wrote:Dear all,

Today, I requested to bank and then got modified letter from bank in following format:

This is certify that my wife name is having term deposit with us bearing no.: xxxxxx for an amount of Rs. 4,17,000 (words). The term deposit is there since 24/02/2009 and the maturity date is 09/03/2010. The term deposit can be liquified at any time.
I hereby certify that above information is true and correct.

For HDFC bank

Authorized signature

Date: xxxx This date will be counted as the date of proof, do not worry about maturity date.

My queries is following:
1. They have mentioned the maturity date is 09/03/2010 but not today date. That is okay.
This the maturity date is ok or not and if not then once again I will request to bank manager to modify it.
2. Liquedity condition is fulfilling or not? No problem.
3. Liquified word is ok I think it is a grammatical mistake and liquefied is correct work? No problem.
4. My wife is primary applicant and she is having sufficient amt ( as a term deposit) so I think that it is fulfilling the requirement and I am not showing any balance in my account (dependent) because I think my wife term deposit is sufficient? Is it required that i should show the money in my ac also? Yes, your wife can use her account for both of you.
Thanks in advance

Regards
I think letter is fulfulling the maintenance funds condition, assuming that it is on bank letter pad, with bank name and logo.

sandeepak
Newly Registered

Maintainance fund requirement

Post by sandeepak » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:06 am

Dear,

Thank you very much.
That is term deposit so they have given later maturity date.
please check it.
Can I correct the Liquified (wrong word) to liquefied?

Thanks and Regards

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Maintainance fund requirement

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:10 am

If it is convenient, you can ask them to correct the typing mistake. Term deposit and maturity dates are not issues here.

As you said:
My queries is following:
1. They have mentioned the maturity date is 09/03/2010 but not today date.

So, I replied it is okay. Because the date of issue of letter from bank is important, and will be used as date of proof. Hope that helps.

sandeepak wrote:Dear,

Thank you very much.
That is term deposit so they have given later maturity date.
please check it.
Can I correct the Liquified (wrong word) to liquefied?

Thanks and Regards