ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Work permit to Tier 1 (within UK)–Plzzz Gui

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Visa Seeker
Newly Registered

Switching from Work permit to Tier 1 (within UK)–Plzzz Gui

Post by Visa Seeker » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:03 pm

Hi :) ,

I am currently on a workpermit from December 2006, am not very happy with my current employer, i have been offered a new job, however unfortunately my new employer dose not want to hear any thing about visas. Due to the introduction of new marvelous points based system as your are all aware that now its virtually impossible to switch employment as the new rules for Tier 2 are very demanding. :(

The only option that enables me to start working for a new employer i.e. to change employment, is to switch to the Tier 1 category. I have checked the points with my qualifications and others (a part from English) I score more then 75 but am not entirely sure about the followings;

1. Visa Duration 2 or 3 year? - If I switch now would I be granted with a 2 year or 3 year Tier 1 visa, as my 5 year period for Indefinite Leave would complete in December 2011, so if it is a 3 year visa then I can go a head now or else I can wait until December 2009 and then apply ..

2. UK Neric Certificate? - I am an ACCA and being an ACCA qualified, it comes up on the HO website as 35 points but its still a professional qualification do I need UK Neric equivalence certificate?

3. English - I do understand that professional qualifications like ACCA does not full fill the English requirement, in my case I studied here in the UK and qualified this year and I think I can get a UK Neric cert stating that my qualification was in English, do I still need to do ILETS or TOEFL ? if yes

4. Can some one please suggest me any of the approved English language test that meets the HO requirement and is also quick and easy to appear and get result?

Looking forward for your replies and suggestions

Thanking you all in advance :) :)

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Re: Switching from Work permit to Tier 1 (within UK)–Plzzz

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:41 pm

Visa Seeker wrote:Hi :) ,

I am currently on a workpermit from December 2006, am not very happy with my current employer, i have been offered a new job, however unfortunately my new employer dose not want to hear any thing about visas. Due to the introduction of new marvelous points based system as your are all aware that now its virtually impossible to switch employment as the new rules for Tier 2 are very demanding. :(

The only option that enables me to start working for a new employer i.e. to change employment, is to switch to the Tier 1 category. I have checked the points with my qualifications and others (a part from English) I score more then 75 but am not entirely sure about the followings;

1. Visa Duration 2 or 3 year? - If I switch now would I be granted with a 2 year or 3 year Tier 1 visa, as my 5 year period for Indefinite Leave would complete in December 2011, so if it is a 3 year visa then I can go a head now or else I can wait until December 2009 and then apply ..

think it is 3 years now initially and then 2 years for Tier 1

2. UK Neric Certificate? - I am an ACCA and being an ACCA qualified, it comes up on the HO website as 35 points but its still a professional qualification do I need UK Neric equivalence certificate?

if it appears on UKBA website then you are good. Seniors may add.

3. English - I do understand that professional qualifications like ACCA does not full fill the English requirement, in my case I studied here in the UK and qualified this year and I think I can get a UK Neric cert stating that my qualification was in English, do I still need to do ILETS or TOEFL ? if yes

your studies in the UK should prove your english skills

4. Can some one please suggest me any of the approved English language test that meets the HO requirement and is also quick and easy to appear and get result?

i don't think you need to do it but again seniors may add.

Looking forward for your replies and suggestions

Thanking you all in advance :) :)

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:40 pm

Suggest you go through the guidance notes on the UKBA website for Tier-1 applications and should be able to get info on approved tests for English language requirement.
Regards,
crowbar6

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Switching from WorkPermit to Tier1

Post by Rajuk09 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:04 am

Hi All,

I am on Work permit and want to switch to tier 1,kindly clarify on the following points.

1) My Salary deposited for some months are shown more in Bank statements comapared with Payslips.this is because , those months I have been paid for my travel re-embursements , it was paid for 5 months splitted , and figures are different too.I cant ask my employer a letter stating about this .Am sure my application wont be considered for approval because figures don't corraborate.Kindly advice on this please.

2) I am getting just 75 points , is this fine,because I saw some one didnt get a chance to appeal against the decision since HE had time left in his existing work permit visa ? Is it true for anyone applying for a switch ?

3) Is there advantage taking an face to face appointment or applying through post is better ? I mean will we be asked for any clarification?Just wondering it will give us a chance to explain if anything is missing or confusing directly ?

4) I reckon its 3 years visa for switching too like fresh applications ? correct me if I am wrong please.

Kindly air your views

thanks and regards

Raj

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Switching from WorkPermit to Tier1

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:39 am

Raj.. you shd have put ur Questions in new thread... nways..
Rajuk09 wrote:Hi All,

I am on Work permit and want to switch to tier 1,kindly clarify on the following points.

1) My Salary deposited for some months are shown more in Bank statements comapared with Payslips.this is because , those months I have been paid for my travel re-embursements , it was paid for 5 months splitted , and figures are different too.I cant ask my employer a letter stating about this .Am sure my application wont be considered for approval because figures don't corraborate.Kindly advice on this please.

which months have this mismatches on payslip vs bankstatements..

If you can not ask for letter to clarify the conspiracy of combination of payments.. i would suggest you to wait few more months so that the months which have combination payments in out of the last 12consecutive months..

2) I am getting just 75 points , is this fine,because I saw some one didnt get a chance to appeal against the decision since HE had time left in his existing work permit visa ? Is it true for anyone applying for a switch ?

Please remember that you need to get 75points for the attribute and 10points each for english and maintenance funds..so a total of minimum of 95points.. please check this..

HO GUIDANCE - Page 14
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 310309.pdf

Points scoring requirements
In order to obtain entry clearance or 49. leave to remain within Tier 1 (General) an applicant must score enough points and send supporting evidence where appropriate.
Under Tier 1 (General), an applicant 50. must score:
at least 75 points for attributes (Appendix A • of the Immigration Rules); and
10 points for English language (Appendix B • of the Immigration Rules); and
10 points for maintenance (funds) • (Appendix C of the Immigration Rules).

3) Is there advantage taking an face to face appointment or applying through post is better ? I mean will we be asked for any clarification?Just wondering it will give us a chance to explain if anything is missing or confusing directly ?

I dont think so..

4) I reckon its 3 years visa for switching too like fresh applications ? correct me if I am wrong please.

Yes, 3years
Kindly air your views

thanks and regards

Raj

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:42 am

Rajuk09 wrote:Hi All,

you need to exclude your expenses out of your salary.

as long as you don't break the law you should be fine

yes

think so

Kindly air your views

thanks and regards

Raj

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Switching from WorkPermit to Tier1

Post by Rajuk09 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:46 am

Thanks for your reply tvn_ramesh.

Query 1) I have mismatches for Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr,May 2009.Either I will try to get a letter from my employer or will i wait for another 5 months ..But problem is they might again deposit my salary with some other re-embersements in future , I cant ask them to avoid this as they might come to know what I am up to ...

Query 2) I meant say , For Attribue A only . English eligibility and Maintanance I do score 10 points each.

thanks for your help.

Cheers

Raj

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:17 pm

Rajuk09 wrote:Thanks for your reply tvn_ramesh.

Query 1) I have mismatches for Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr,May 2009.Either I will try to get a letter from my employer or will i wait for another 5 months ..But problem is they might again deposit my salary with some other re-embersements in future , I cant ask them to avoid this as they might come to know what I am up to ...

Query 2) I meant say , For Attribue A only . English eligibility and Maintanance I do score 10 points each.

thanks for your help.

Cheers

Raj
Raj in that case.. you should try to get letter from one of ur close bosses.. who can keep ur tier1 application to himself.. that is the way i did when i had a couple months payment problems.. and it worked.. i

Visa Seeker
Newly Registered

ACCA - English Requirements Tier 1

Post by Visa Seeker » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:41 pm

Thank you very much indeed for you reply innocent devil, last thing i would ever think while being in a chaotic situation is to be helped by a Devil, but trust me mate u seem way more innocent & helpful then devlishhh.

As you mentioned, being an ACCA I might not need any English tests if that is the case how can I prove that I have studied in the UK?

Many thanks