ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying in Person - Can we take more than 1 Appointments ??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmpneha
Newly Registered

Applying in Person - Can we take more than 1 Appointments ??

Post by hsmpneha » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:08 am

Applying in Person - more than 1 Appointments ??

Hi

My HSMP Visa is due ot expire on 30 Dec 2009.
I am getting online appointments for my category on 8th, 9th, 10th and 14th DEC.

There are no other appointments available apart from these dates at my preferred location.

I have booked 8th DEC 09:00 AM slot.
But i am worried if my application gets rejected due to any reason and visa doesn't get extended then I will be in trouble. I need to travel to india on 15th DEC and will be back by 27th DEC.

Is it possible to take more than 1 online appointments to be on safer side?
Or I should apply via Post in NOV itself?
Please suggest.

Thanks

nksg

Re: Applying in Person - Can we take more than 1 Appointment

Post by nksg » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:41 am

To what i know system wont allow you to take more than one appointment. This has happened with a colleague in the past as he was due for ILR at the same time. He did not want to take any chance so he decided to book an appointment for ILR as well as HSMP extn (just incase of any issue with the ILR application) but UKBA system did not allow but luckily his ILR application was approved.
hsmpneha wrote:Applying in Person - more than 1 Appointments ??

Hi

My HSMP Visa is due ot expire on 30 Dec 2009.
I am getting online appointments for my category on 8th, 9th, 10th and 14th DEC.

There are no other appointments available apart from these dates at my preferred location.

I have booked 8th DEC 09:00 AM slot.
But i am worried if my application gets rejected due to any reason and visa doesn't get extended then I will be in trouble. I need to travel to india on 15th DEC and will be back by 27th DEC.

Is it possible to take more than 1 online appointments to be on safer side?
Or I should apply via Post in NOV itself?
Please suggest.

Thanks

Sreeram79
Newly Registered

Post by Sreeram79 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:46 am

My recent experience is if your need to get an another appointment your current appointment should be cancelled.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46162

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:49 am

I think you should be happy that you got one. I tried alot but never got any appointment and have to post.

You have plenty of days and you should concentrate on covering everything so that you are sure it will not be declined.

Best of luck

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:17 am

i wanted to go in person but never got an appointment in time. be happy on what you have got and prepare well and you will be fine

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:34 am

Even if you could do that I wont really recommend anyone to go down that path, since then we will have a one to many relationship between candidates and appointments.

Anyways I suspect many people just book appointments to have an option and then cancel it very close to the date of the appointment. That is the reason why other people find it really hard to get appointments when they genuinely need it.

I find it ridiculous, that the premium service for this is always fully booked. Obviously people who do not really need the premium service are going for it.

Sorry for the crib, just something I needed to get off my chest for a long time.
Challenges make life worth it!

Sreeram79
Newly Registered

Post by Sreeram79 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:50 am

HI,

I totally agree with you InUkOnHsmp, I had an inital plan to send by post around Nov 20 so that I can go for holiday in mid Jan. while checking my document noticed that instead of 90 days maintainance funds, I am showing for only 70 days if apply around Nov 20th. So I had to wait till mid of 15th december to get my latest bank statement with maintainance fund for 90 days. I already booked my flights for my holiday. So I am desperate to get an premium appointment. I also agree I thought and planned about this very late to apply around august for my expiry end of Jan.

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:24 pm

i wont recommend it but you can book another appointment by having a different email id and using the same name.

second option is that if you are daring enough you can go there without appointment by making a fake printout of already received confirmation email and obviously change the dates and reference number. i am saying that b/z i noticed that staff at Croydon is very careless and they didn't asked my reference number even i made the payment. only when payment is completed the cust service lady on the other floor asked my reference number. if you provide her wrong number she will obviously wont find it in the system then you can argue that its not your fault and i am almost sure that they will take your application b/z by that time you'll have your token issued and cleared payment receipt but again its a risk.

hsmpneha
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpneha » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:46 pm

tcpip_helper wrote:i wont recommend it but you can book another appointment by having a different email id and using the same name.

second option is that if you are daring enough you can go there without appointment by making a fake printout of already received confirmation email and obviously change the dates and reference number. i am saying that b/z i noticed that staff at Croydon is very careless and they didn't asked my reference number even i made the payment. only when payment is completed the cust service lady on the other floor asked my reference number. if you provide her wrong number she will obviously wont find it in the system then you can argue that its not your fault and i am almost sure that they will take your application b/z by that time you'll have your token issued and cleared payment receipt but again its a risk.

Many thanks to all of you, i really understand that its not a good idea to think about 2nd appointment but just wanted to be safer side so that i can take care of my extension if any thing goes wront at the last moment.

I am keeping my fingures crossed and if any thing goes wrong then i will try to go with fake printout .... if it also doesnt help then in worst case I will cancel my india tickets and will apply through post.