ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What Possible Questions at Airport??

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khokhar80

What Possible Questions at Airport??

Post by khokhar80 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:32 am

Hi Everyone on Forum!

My friend's son has got his Student visa for UK and he is now going to UK very soon. I want to know someone who go thru and studying in UK that on first entry on UK airport the Immigration Officer what possible questions ask the student or he check just on the passport the BHC visa stamp and then he stamps on the passport or he questions from the student. Please shed some light on this question.

The second question does he needs to show maintenance funds for boarding and lodging to immigration officer. He is taking only 1000Pounds cash with him. Thanks for guidance.

Regards

meats
BANNED

Re: What Possible Questions at Airport??

Post by meats » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:27 pm

khokhar80 wrote:Hi Everyone on Forum!

My friend's son has got his Student visa for UK and he is now going to UK very soon. I want to know someone who go thru and studying in UK that on first entry on UK airport the Immigration Officer what possible questions ask the student or he check just on the passport the BHC visa stamp and then he stamps on the passport or he questions from the student. Please shed some light on this question.

The second question does he needs to show maintenance funds for boarding and lodging to immigration officer. He is taking only 1000Pounds cash with him. Thanks for guidance.

Regards
If he hasn't paid his fees or lodgings already then there's a chance that he might be sent back with only £1000 as the immigration officer might think that he's going to breach his terms of study by working more than he's allowed to.

There are guidelines on the UKBA website in terms of how much money is needed per year in order to survive. I suggest you google the website and look.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:41 pm

I'm on a student visa at the moment and the first time I came into the country, I was only asked what university I will be studying at and then they stamped my passport. That was it. I was not required to show proof or anything else because it's a given that you have to show proof of funds when you are applying for a student visa. However, this was in 2008 before the new rules came into place so it probably is more strict now. I hope the £1000 pounds isn't the only money he actually has because it's very stressful to survive on such limited funds.

anglophile
Newly Registered

Re: What Possible Questions at Airport??

Post by anglophile » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:23 pm

Hello,

I just went through this two days ago. I was surprised how easy the process was.

The officer only asked if my school was OK with me starting late and the name of my university. He did not ask for any proof or document except for my passport. I thought he did so because of my travel history, as I had previously been to Britain and Continental Europe (as a tourist) and I was coming from the US this time. However, I had all my documents and proof of funding and lodging arrangements in my hand luggage, had he asked me to produce them.

He will send your friend to register at the Health Centre, if his visa lasts more than 6 months, then your friend must go back to the officer with a paper from the Health Centre and that's it. You are through.

I hope this helps.

khokhar80 wrote:Hi Everyone on Forum!

Regards