ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS for Visitors

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mr_pankaj

NHS for Visitors

Post by mr_pankaj » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:05 pm

Hi,

My sister holds an Indian passport and is planning to visit me (from India) with her 3 year old son.

I hold an ILR status in UK and is employed.

Question : While she is here with me, can her 3 year old baby see the NHS doctor/services (if needed).

Thank you
--------------------------------
Peace,
Pan

shreem

Post by shreem » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:47 pm

Pankaj,
Question : While she is here with me, can her 3 year old baby see the NHS doctor/services (if needed).
Yes. However, they are likely to pay for non-emergency treatment irrespective of your immigration status.

You can find helpful information from

http://www.dh.gov.uk/PolicyAndGuidance/ ... chk=HNMluS

shreem

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:24 pm

mr_pankaj, your status is irrelevant. It is their visitor status that counts.

It is essential that any visitor to the UK has adequate travel insurance, including medical cover. Consider this ... and certainly not wishing this on anyone, but :-

A visitor to the UK is injured in a road accident .... they are treated at the roadside by a paramedic ... free ... they are taken to A&E in an ambulance .. free ... they are treated in the A&E department ... free ... they are transferred to theatre and/or ward ... not free! In other words, as soon as it starts to get very expensive ... not free!
John

Khurram

Post by Khurram » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:24 am

It might be worth calling up your GP/surgery, and enquiring if they can register temporary residents (i.e. anyone staying in the UK for a period of less than 6 months)

Regards