ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IIM Post Graduate Diploma - is this recognized for Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hiteshdargan

Re: Any idea abt. MDI degree

Post by hiteshdargan » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:25 am

pinkpanther wrote:Hi,

I am facing a similar issue where a couple of mths back when I was considering applying for HSMP the points calculator was giving 35 pts for my MDI MBA (PGDBM) but now it shows as 0.

Any idea about NARIC's verdict on MDI PGDBM? Is there a rule that NARIC follows (AICTE or AIU recognization)?

The MDI PGDBM is even accredited by association of MBAs as equal of a masters in management but not sure if that has any impact.
Hi

The best course of action is to ask for a statement of comparabilty from NARIC, you would anyways need it at the time of application, since PBS is awarding zero points.

Simple process - make the online payemnt, send a photocopy of your original certificate and marksheet by post. takes 6-8 days to reach uk from delhi, I used speed post. 15-16 days for evaluation , another 6-8 days to get the letter (they do not give the information online). Approx 30-32 days for the entire thing

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:15 am

One thing I cannot understand at all. How can a PG Diploma be considered eqv. to Masters. People who are doing masters are not fool. Just because someone is doing PGD from IIM, does not mean that his/her qualification should be considered as masters.

No IIM falls within top 100 Uni of the world (I even have doubt if they fall within 200 or 250 also)... So no points can be given for PGD from IIM. :-)

krantik
Newly Registered

Update on NARIC/IIM Lucknow and Tier 1

Post by krantik » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:20 am

Hi,

Firstly, apologies for not having updated this earlier.
I got a NARIC certification done for my Post Graduate Diploma from IIM Lucknow in August 2009. The NARIC letter said that my qualification was equivalent to a UK Masters Degree.

I have since then applied for my Tier 1 General and got the approved leave to stay last week with 35 points awarded for Qualification as approved by NARIC.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Krantik

hiteshdargan

Re: Any idea abt. MDI degree

Post by hiteshdargan » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:54 am

hiteshdargan wrote:
pinkpanther wrote:Hi,

I am facing a similar issue where a couple of mths back when I was considering applying for HSMP the points calculator was giving 35 pts for my MDI MBA (PGDBM) but now it shows as 0.

Any idea about NARIC's verdict on MDI PGDBM? Is there a rule that NARIC follows (AICTE or AIU recognization)?

The MDI PGDBM is even accredited by association of MBAs as equal of a masters in management but not sure if that has any impact.
Hi

The best course of action is to ask for a statement of comparabilty from NARIC, you would anyways need it at the time of application, since PBS is awarding zero points.

Simple process - make the online payemnt, send a photocopy of your original certificate and marksheet by post. takes 6-8 days to reach uk from delhi, I used speed post. 15-16 days for evaluation , another 6-8 days to get the letter (they do not give the information online). Approx 30-32 days for the entire thing
Hi

This is a list of indian institutes whose Post graduate programs have been granted MBA equivalency by AIU. AIU is the indian equivalent of NARIC and I remember reading somehwere in this post that NARIC relies on AICTE and AIU for details

http://www.aiuweb.org/Evaluation/evaluation.asp

hiteshdargan

Re: Update on NARIC/IIM Lucknow and Tier 1

Post by hiteshdargan » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:57 am

krantik wrote:Hi,

Firstly, apologies for not having updated this earlier.
I got a NARIC certification done for my Post Graduate Diploma from IIM Lucknow in August 2009. The NARIC letter said that my qualification was equivalent to a UK Masters Degree.

I have since then applied for my Tier 1 General and got the approved leave to stay last week with 35 points awarded for Qualification as approved by NARIC.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Krantik
Hi Krantik

Does the Post Graduate Diploma awarded by IIM have a date of award or just the starting and ending year

krantik
Newly Registered

Post by krantik » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:33 pm

My degree certificate has a award date only.

anandpathak

Wierd ways of NARIC assesment - two different assesments

Post by anandpathak » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:22 pm

Hi Gurus,
I need your help urgently on a unusual assesment done by NARIC .

My qualification details :
Post graduate Diploma in Industrail engineeting
Instute : National Institute of Industrial Engineering
Year of Award :2004.

Today i received a "Letter of comparability" from NARIC stating that my qualification assesment is "is considered comparable to British post graduate diploma standard" The letter was issues on 17th Dec 09.

The unusual part is my Classmate ( same instute, same year of passing ,same course) got the assesment as " is considered comparable to British taught Masters degree standard" .Letter issued of Feb 2009.

This making hell lot of difference for me as with "is considered comparable to British post graduate diploma standard" i can not claim points in education for my Tier 1 general.

Please help me if there i anyway i can get this issue resolved.

Best Regards
Anand

nagi
Newly Registered

Should I Select IIM or BE

Post by nagi » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:37 am

Hi All,

Do I need NARIC letter for claiming my PGDM from IIM as equivalent to UK's Master's degree or just the printout of PBS will do?
Because there is no option for PGDM or Post Graduate course in the Qualificaton list, if we select Master's degree as course and Institution as IIM we are getting 35 points.

Getting a NARIC letter is not a problem but it will take a while and I want to apply before July 19,2010.

Or should I apply with my Bachelor degree from NIT? (for me total points are not a problem as I am getting 85 = 20 age+ 30 bachelor + 35 earnings)

Seniors/Experts plz advise

Thanks in advance,
Nagi