ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gathering docs for EC - HELLPPP !!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lbfrancois

Gathering docs for EC - HELLPPP !!!

Post by lbfrancois » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:37 pm

Hi,

I am gathering the docs to apply for EC, I would really REALLY appreciate any advices you could give me... I am mostly worried about the funds part, those are the docs I will be providing:

FUNDS

For proof of funds, instead of sending all bank statements, I am planning to provide four bank statements from the following months: February, May, August and December.

Plus income tax, car and stocks documentation (which i will be selling as soon as the EC is cleared)

Everything sums up to approx. 9000 pounds (5000 in bank account, 2 from the car and 2 from stocks).

Is that ok?

Also, i will be sending payment slips from the last three months (my hunsband's too), our montly earnings are equivalent to 2500 (approx. 1250 for each of us).

PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP

My husband will be applying as my dependent.
I got point for skilled partner in HSMP, we are not legally married, but we have been living together for almost four years now. So I am planning to send the same docs I sent to HSMP for proof of relationship (montly bills).

ACCOMODATION

I am still working on it. I am trying to let a double room in a houseshare or a studio apartment.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:16 pm

I think you are certainly collating the right sort of evidence. And you realise the importance of the accommodation issue.

As regards the accommodation matter, and sorry if this is a bit complicated, your evidence folder should include the following detail. That is, ignoring any Spam, toilet and bathroom, how many rooms in the place are greater in area than 50 square feet (4.73 sq metres) in size? If there are going to be just two adults in the accommodation then you need just one "counting room" in order for the place not to be classed as overcrowded. But ensure that your evidence shows that to be the case.

The term "studio apartment" could (but does not always) mean rather small accommodation. Do ensure that you have at least one "counting room" in the apartment.

It is totally possible that others have got their EC without submitting that level of detail. I would totally accept that. However the immigration rules say the accommodation has got to be "suitable", basically not overcrowded, so supplying that level of detail will prove that to be the case, and therefore cut out a possible matter of concern to the ECO.
John

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:19 am

Hi John,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give me all those tips.

I will be applying probably by the first week of december. By that time, I won't have the bank statement from november yet (the bank can only issue it by mid december), is that ok to provide a bank statement printed from the machine and from the bank's website for the current month of application?

February, May and August are all printed in bank letter head paper, so only for December I would provide a statement printed from the machine showing my current funds.

I just don't want to wait all that time to apply, besides there is still one more week on top of that for translation, that would delay me probably untill mid january, as everything stops by the end of the year....

I will also be providing more evidence of funds, the income tax from 2004 (showing I earned approx. 10.500 GBP), and the same document from my husband showing the same amount. Also, payment slips from last three months, car documentation, stocks....

My point is there will be lots of docs showing how that I really earned those funds. Do you think the current bank statement printed from the machine will be a problem?

Thank you once again!

Lu.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:48 pm

Lu, I think, if you can, provide proper bank statement rather than an ATM print. Here in the UK, with a number of banks, one of the services you can get at an ATM is to order a proper bank statement. If you ordered one today or tomorrow you might receive that proper bank statement up to now within a few days.

Or can you go into your bank branch and ask them to send a statement?

If the answer to those questions is no, then you could enclose an ATM print and explain why you are doing that for the last month.
John

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:04 pm

Hi John,

The banks here (Rio de Janeiro), don't print the bank statement at the bank, I actually went to the bank and asked my manager for the statemenet, but he explained that the bank statement for a current month will only be available in the middle of next month. Those are the rules... He said he can't print it, I have to wait until mid december to receive it by mail. It really sucks... I don't understand why they can't do it, but there isn't much i can do about it...

I was thinking about printing it at a ATM and take it to the bank and ask them to stamp and sign it at least... I hope they accpept to do that... I read a few posts here from ppl who did the same thing and were approved.

Thanks once again!

Lu.

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:52 am

Lu
May I ask why you are printing your bank statements for only select months??
Looks unusual to me and the months are quite wide apart.
I doubt if that will be acceptable here in Lagos simply because the ECO might think theres some sort of foul play (no offence meant).

John,
since you dint comment on that, maybe its not much of an issue.

Good luck.
My bow has been renewed

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:06 am

Hi,

I want to print the last one because I will be applying in mid December, and the bank statement from December will only be available by mid January. Those are the bank rules here, don't ask me why.... So I guess I will print it and ask the bank to certify it (stamp and sign).

I am sending statements apart to show the history of my funds. So the EC officer can see that I have this money for a long period of time.

Besides that, I have plenty of evidence how I earned that money. If you add up my earnings and my husband's (annual), you will see that it adds up to approx. 21000 GPB. I will be showing 5000 GBP in my bank account, plus assets (car and stocks)... So I don't think it will be doubtfull that we have that kind of money in my account....

The bank statement will also have the bank signature and stamp, so I think it should be ok...

What do you think John?
Last edited by lbfrancois on Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:31 am

I agree with you .... an ATM statement that has then been stamped and signed by the bank branch should be OK.
John