ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I track my application online

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmphsmpIndia
Newly Registered

Can I track my application online

Post by hsmphsmpIndia » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:45 am

Hi Group,

I applied for a Tier1 extension about 2 weeks back and have got a reference number from the HO.

However, I am not sure in what ways I can use this reference number.

Is there an online portal where I can check my application status using this reference? Or do I just have to rely on calling them to get status, the last time I called they said they can provide status only after 14 weeks of application :oops: .

Any advice appreciated.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Can I track my application online

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:07 am

hsmphsmpIndia wrote:Hi Group,

I applied for a Tier1 extension about 2 weeks back and have got a reference number from the HO.

Is there an online portal where I can check my application status using this reference? Or do I just have to rely on calling them to get status, the last time I called they said they can provide status only after 14 weeks of application :oops: .

Any advice appreciated.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tingtimes/

This is the only way to know where u stand before u are eligable to call after 14weeks..

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Can I track my application online

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:02 pm

hsmphsmpIndia wrote:Hi Group,

Any advice appreciated.
Apart from what ramesh mentioned, NO.

hsmphsmpIndia
Newly Registered

Post by hsmphsmpIndia » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:50 am

Another quick foolish question:).

The waiting times link on the ukba site says:

[quote]During the week commencing 19 October 2009, we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 30 September 2009. Please note that this timescale is a guideline only, and some cases may take longer to consider.[/quote]

The "received on or before" part, it really means "payment cleared on or before" right?

I know theres no way of knowing this for certain, but do they put the application in queue as it is received, or after payment clears.

So if I apply today that is the 22nd Oct, the app reaches them by tomorrow 23rd Oct, the payment (through cheque) clears by the 30th Oct, would I be looking for 23rd Oct or 30th Oct on the waiting times link?

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:24 am

Applicants sent application to DURHAM which is payment handling branch. Once the payment goes through all PBS applications then go to SHEFFIELD and i think then it goes into queue.

hsmphsmpIndia
Newly Registered

Post by hsmphsmpIndia » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:24 pm

Hmm, so I need to track it using my payment clearance date.

Thanks Imran!

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:06 pm

imran22 wrote: Once the payment goes through all PBS applications then go to SHEFFIELD and i think then it goes into queue.
Any scope to enquire in Sheffield office directly.?

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:34 am

nm wrote:
imran22 wrote: Once the payment goes through all PBS applications then go to SHEFFIELD and i think then it goes into queue.
Any scope to enquire in Sheffield office directly.?
Nopes.
Regards,
crowbar6