ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Visa-2 Basic Questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Raj_Kol
Newly Registered

PSW Visa-2 Basic Questions

Post by Raj_Kol » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:25 pm

Hi,

I jus want to confirm

1> Which date should I use with regards to the application form which says [b]What date was the entry clearance or visa issued?[/b]

2>Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the applicant’s passport or travel document.

Thanks

Riz_Ali
Newly Registered

Re: PSW Visa-2 Basic Questions

Post by Riz_Ali » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:03 pm

Raj_Kol wrote:Hi,

I jus want to confirm

1> Which date should I use with regards to the application form which says What date was the entry clearance or visa issued?

2>Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the applicant’s passport or travel document.

Thanks
Hi,
1) Write the date when you got the visa. Normally, every Entery Clearance visa has a issued date. you can use it.
2) and see on the right top side there is visa reference number that you can use for it.
Hop it will help you.

Raj_Kol
Newly Registered

Post by Raj_Kol » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:52 pm

Hi Thanks for the reply.

But there isnt a issue date on the visa page. And I dont remember exactly which date it was issued three years ago... May be I have misunderstood you. Are you referring to the date from when I was eligible to enter the UK?

2) and see on the right top side there is visa reference number that you can use for it.

Is it the one with the red colored font?

Thanks again :D

Riz_Ali
Newly Registered

Post by Riz_Ali » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:58 pm

Hi,
There is top right side "VAF No" that is visa reference number. and beside this there is "Valid from" and "Valid untill" date.

How is possible you do not have these properties. You can email me your visa page if you do not understand then you tell you exatly where is it.

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:17 pm

Visa Reference Number is the top red one. Normally starts with your first letter..
________
Oregon Dispensaries
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

mufi
Newly Registered

Post by mufi » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:41 am

HI GUYS

I HAD A READ TO ALL THE COMMENTS THAT YOU GUYS HAVE MADE TO HELP EVERYONE AND I AM SURE MOST OF THE PEOPLE MUST HAVE BEEN QUIET PLEASED WITH SUCH FORUM. I HOPE YOU GUYS CAN HELP IN MY CASE AS WHICH IS VERY SIMPLE. SO HERE IT GOES.

I AM DOING A MASTER DEGREE AT A RECOGNISED UNIVERSITY. I HAD TO SUBMIT MY DISSERTATION ON 15TH SEPT BUT I HAD SOME MEDICAL REASON SO I GOT AN EXTENSION TILL 30TH NOV, AND HOPEFULLY ILL BE SUBMITTING MY WORK BY LAST WEEK OF NOVEMBER. NOW THE UNIVERSITY HAS TOLD ME THAT AFTER I SUBMIT MY DISSERTATION ILL GET PROVISIONAL RESULTS IN 25 WORKING DAYS. SO WHICH MEANS THAT IF I SUBMIT MY DISSERTATION ON 30TH NOVEMBER, I SHOULD EXPECT MY PROVISIONAL RESULTS BY END OF DEC OR 1ST WEEK OF JAN.

UNIVERSITY HAS ALSO TOLD ME THAT IN A YEAR THERE ARE 2 BOARD MEETINGS WHICH GIVES AWARDS THE DEGREE AND FINALIZE THE PROVISIONAL RESULTS, WHICH IS IN LAST WEEK OF NOVEMBER AND THEN IN JUNE 2010. NOW MY PROBLEM IS THAT IF I SUBMIT MY DISSERTATION ON 30TH NOVEMBER, SO I HAVE NOT MANAGED TO GET REVIEWED BY BOARD IN NOVEMBER SO NOW I HAVE TO WAIT TILL JUNE.

THE MAIN QUESTION IS THAT:
"DOES THAT MEAN I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL JUNE IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR PSW?"

OR

THE UNIVERSITY CAN PROVIDE ME WITH A LETTER AND I CAN GET PSW IN JAN AS MY VISA IS EXPIRING ON 31ST JAN.

I HOPE THAT MY CASE IS CLEAR AND WELL WRITTEN IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE DO WRITE ME.

REGARDS,
MUF