ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 and Wedding!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

whereami
Newly Registered

TIER 1 and Wedding!!!!!

Post by whereami » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:28 pm

Hi Guys and Girls,
Need to get married:

Yes, I am getting married on 5th December 2009 and travelling out on 27th November 2009. Sent my HSMP to Tier1 G extension on 6th October, Acknowledgment received on 9th October, payment taken on 7th October. Applied for Urgent Treatment on the basis of Wedding arranged and Evidence provided. HO wrote back and refused the Urgent Treatment. Please can anyone with enough knowledge about the waiting times these days, advise what should i do. Is there any chance of me getting the passport back by 27th November?

Your honest opinions and advise shall be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

imran22
Member of Standing

Re: TIER 1 and Wedding!!!!!

Post by imran22 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:25 pm

whereami wrote:Hi Guys and Girls,
Need to get married:

Yes, I am getting married on 5th December 2009 and travelling out on 27th November 2009. Sent my HSMP to Tier1 G extension on 6th October, Acknowledgment received on 9th October, payment taken on 7th October. Applied for Urgent Treatment on the basis of Wedding arranged and Evidence provided. HO wrote back and refused the Urgent Treatment. Please can anyone with enough knowledge about the waiting times these days, advise what should i do. Is there any chance of me getting the passport back by 27th November?

Thanks in advance.
There is no straight forward answer to your question. It all depends on complexity of case, if there is a need to verify any documents, all required documents are submited or not.

If your case is relatively straight forward then it should come back within a month i guess

according to the date of submission your case will be considered this week. I hope its quick for you. dont worry

and congratulations

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:27 pm

sorry by this week i meant week starting monday 26th

whereami
Newly Registered

Post by whereami » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:52 pm

My documents, as per my best knowledge and experience, are pretty st forward and complete.
After reading posts in this forum, I am convinced that you guys (specially senior members) through discussion, personal experience and problem solving have gathered a lot of knowledge. I know it's a difficult question and none can make decisions on my behalf and whatever the decision i'll have to live with the consequences.

If i don't make a decision in next 3 days, cards will be distributed, other arrangements will be made, etc etc etc.

If you were me, would you raise your hands here and push them to change the date or will take the risk?

Cheers

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:03 pm

whereami wrote:My documents, as per my best knowledge and experience, are pretty st forward and complete.
After reading posts in this forum, I am convinced that you guys (specially senior members) through discussion, personal experience and problem solving have gathered a lot of knowledge. I know it's a difficult question and none can make decisions on my behalf and whatever the decision i'll have to live with the consequences.

If i don't make a decision in next 3 days, cards will be distributed, other arrangements will be made, etc etc etc.

If you were me, would you raise your hands here and push them to change the date or will take the risk?

Cheers
I think for december wedding you can delay the cards few more days. I would not take a risk because it will be nightmare for everyone to cancel everthing God Forbid if doesn't come through.

I would say just wait until atleast end of next week but to be quite sure until 8th November before you make a final decision

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: TIER 1 and Wedding!!!!!

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:09 pm

whereami wrote:Hi Guys and Girls,
Need to get married:

Thanks in advance.
I think you will get your passport and extension back by 27th November anyway. You will complete your 6 weeks of application by 15th November. Home office returned by application in 6th weeke(even when they were working on higher traffic which is not the case at the moment).

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:58 pm

congrats on ur wedding, why u didnt go for same day service? anyway there is every chance of you getting your passport with in 4 week from applying date.

whereami
Newly Registered

Post by whereami » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:08 am

tcpip_helper wrote:congrats on ur wedding, why u didnt go for same day service? anyway there is every chance of you getting your passport with in 4 week from applying date.
Thanks tcpip_helper. I tried my best to find a same day service but there was none. Did i miss anything?

whereami
Newly Registered

Post by whereami » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:13 am

Thanks chetanojha. I am surprised that HO straight away refused my application for Urgent treatment even though i read on their website that own wedding is one of the reasons they consider for UT.

The fact that a lot of people have already taken holidays, booked tickets to attend my wedding and one needs a huge heart to disappoint them all. Also, it is difficult to get holidays at my work after December because of deadline of this huge project. I am nothing but all screwed.....

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:21 am

whereami wrote:Thanks chetanojha. I am surprised that HO straight away refused my application for Urgent treatment even though i read on their website that own wedding is one of the reasons they consider for UT.
Hmm... I thought HO wouldn't consider this an emergency as a typical wedding would be planned much in advance and hence travel arragements and visa renewals should be arranged accordingly. I am not saying that your case is not urgent but trying to think from HO's perspective.

If the application is straight forward, you should receive the result latest in week starting 2 Nov.
Regards,
crowbar6

whereami
Newly Registered

Post by whereami » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:21 am

I just checked UKBA waiting times page. The dates have been updated. It says, they expect to look at applications received on or before 7th October 2009. Mine was received on 7th October. For a reasonably straight forward case, does anyone have an idea, how long would it take from this point onward? I mean, does anyone have experience of timeline between them processing your application and sending the passport back?
Thanks Guys. Too many families and people involved in this which is why i am in panic....

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:36 am

whereami wrote:I just checked UKBA waiting times page. The dates have been updated. It says, they expect to look at applications received on or before 7th October 2009. Mine was received on 7th October. For a reasonably straight forward case, does anyone have an idea, how long would it take from this point onward? I mean, does anyone have experience of timeline between them processing your application and sending the passport back?
Thanks Guys. Too many families and people involved in this which is why i am in panic....
Stay positive. Panic will infectious. You should get your extension before due date. If I were you, I would focus my mind on rest of presp (easier said than done though).

whereami
Newly Registered

Post by whereami » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:37 pm

Thanks all the fellows who commented/helped.

I have got the Passport this morning.

Appreciate your efforts.

Best of Luck

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:41 pm

Congrats WhereAmI,

I am glad everything worked out for you. Now you can get married in peace:).

Can you please update your timelines here so it can help other members of the groups estimate when they might get their decisions?

http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=34468

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:42 pm

Also did you attach a self addressed special delivery envelope with your application? Did they use it?
Challenges make life worth it!

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:07 pm

Congrats whereami..

Job well done.. held ur nerves.. thank chetan n team..

wish you all the best for your marriage..

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:35 pm

whereami wrote:Thanks all the fellows who commented/helped.

I have got the Passport this morning.

Appreciate your efforts.

Best of Luck
Congratulations..!!!! And best wishes for marriage.. :-)
Last edited by ChetanOjha on Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:46 pm

Congratulations for your visa and best wishes for your marriage.
Cheers. :)

whereami
Newly Registered

Post by whereami » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:37 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Also did you attach a self addressed special delivery envelope with your application? Did they use it?
No, I did not enclose such envelope with my application.

Cheers

whereami
Newly Registered

Post by whereami » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:37 pm

Thanks Everyone.