ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing times for FLR(M)?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jas

Processing times for FLR(M)?

Post by jas » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:59 pm

Please could someone advise on what have been the recent processing times with postal FLR(M) applications?

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:12 am

People seem to be reporting about 4 weeks.
John

SoConfused84
Newly Registered

Post by SoConfused84 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:24 pm

John wrote:People seem to be reporting about 4 weeks.
I *really* hope this is correct. As I am one of the many people waiting to be approved. But I have seen people on another forum waiting 8 or 9 weeks since August. :(

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:17 pm

There may well be a backlog due to HO staff taking summer leave, and a higher number of applications following summer weddings.

jas

Post by jas » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:13 pm

Apologies for raising the query again.

My wife's FLR(M) application was submitted almost 7 weeks ago, we are still awaiting the outcome. Please could someone advise from their recent experience that how much long we would have to wait?

Thanks.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:53 pm

You have to be a bit more patient. The Home Office makes enquiries with various sources and this can take time

JClark
Newly Registered

Post by JClark » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:25 pm

I posted off my FLR (M) on 25th Oct, got a letter dated 30 Oct acknowledging and nothing so far, I hit the 7 week mark (from letter) tomorrow..

I have applied for my extension as we left the country for 11 months so just have to extend it for that long, had hoped as it was relatively simple it would be back quite quickly but alas not..

As much as I am sure it will be fine its very hard to not be completely stressed out about it! We have a trip booked in Jan to Prague (early) that we are looking to cancel as we cant guarantee it will be back in time adn I called the HO and they said if we took our passports back they would class my application as withdrawn.. My partner needs to travel at end of Jan (she is British) so Im hoping if not back by then they will atleast let us take her passport out..

Fingers crossed to all those others who are waiting..

x

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:51 am

FLR's seem to be around the same time as ILR applications...12 weeks on average. :(

JClark
Newly Registered

Post by JClark » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:18 pm

Hi all

Anyone on here got theirs back yet? I am in week 10 and havent heard a thing...

I am desperately hoping it gets back soon as my partner needs to go to south africa at the end of the month..

thanks

x

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:43 pm

We are in same boat, I applied FLR(M) on 24th got acknowledgemet letter on 27th. Its almost 11weeks but nothing yet.

JClark
Newly Registered

Post by JClark » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:40 pm

I have a feeling its going to be a while yet.. Just had to pull my partner's passport out as she needs to travel.. My 70th working day is 4 Feb so Im counting down the days until then so I can call them and find out how long it is going to be!!

Good luck everyone..

x

JClark
Newly Registered

Post by JClark » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:17 am

Well 70th working day so called the home office and they were just as helpful as always, NOT!

Said it is still being process and waiting further consideration, no idea how long it will take and I just have to wait. Could not even give me a time frame.

mhs_UK
Newly Registered

Post by mhs_UK » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:09 pm

I have withdrawn my FLR(M) application and applying in person. I wish haven't applied by post in the first place as completely wasted £395 :oops:

JClark
Newly Registered

Post by JClark » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:38 pm

Hi all,

I got my passport back yesterday with my visa.. A friend of a friend offered to help me as she is an immigration lawyer and she sent off a fax and spoke to someone and then hey presto it appeared.. She did profess that she did not do too much so possibly it would have been getting to a point of beign processed in any case..

That takes my processing time up to 16 weeks just in case anyone else is looking for a guide on timings..

From now on I am absolutely going to do it in person to just avoid the angst of it being away so long.

Good luck everyone.

x

zebra3

Flr(M) waiting time

Post by zebra3 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:26 pm

I have been waiting for 24 weeks today. does anyone waitied that long. its stressing me.

Thank you

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:14 am

When it comes to Home Office, then its Unlimited time.

Only at one occasion i found them super quick when i applied for NASS support.. Believe me it took them under 24 hours to get it all sorted and the beautiful and charming girl was extremly helpful and i still talk to her.

I think you need to push them by sending letters with genuine reasons.
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:06 am

My husband applied on Form SET(M) for ILR on 24th February 2009 by post and it took the Home Office 5 weeks to make a decision and post back our passports which we were pleasantly surprised at as we were quite expecting to wait at least 3 months!

Good luck with it anyway - hope u get a positive decision soon!

prudence
Newly Registered

Post by prudence » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:29 pm

Hi there

Does anyone have any recent cases which have been processed under FLR(M) within the 14 weeks time period?

I submitted my application at the end of June 09 and am approaching the 14 week deadline at the end of this week. I really need my passport back for travel in November (I thought I would be ok based on the 5-14 week processing times they claimed back in June!) but of course have heard nothing.

Has anyone had any applications processed since June?

ukresi13
Newly Registered

Post by ukresi13 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:39 pm

Prudence,

I applied under FLRM in mid June. A week later I heard a response and had my biometrics appointment. 14 weeks later from my biometrics appointment and 16 weeks later from when we applied we still have not heard a response. I rang the home office yesterday they said that my application is "under consideration" and they have no idea when they'll be done. I rang once again today hoping to speak to someone else...all they said was that all the computer systems were down and I would have to ring back tomorrow or next week. I am very worried and upset seeing as I will need my passport back ASAP. Perhaps there is some comfort in knowing that other people are in the same boat?

prudence
Newly Registered

Post by prudence » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:55 pm

Hi UKresi

Thanks for posting on here - I'm in exactly the same position as you. I called yesterday (wasted loads of time on hold and then spoke to the world's most unhelpful person) - she said 65% of applications for FLR (M) unmarried partner visas are processed within 4 weeks, and for the remaining applications they can't give you a timeline! Absolutely ridiculous! I'd like to know who the 65% of people getting their passports returned within four weeks are!

I think I'm going to have to accept that I'm going to lose my flight back home in November. I applied at the end of June, but due to the fact I couldn't get an appointment and because the Home Office systems were down on the day of my first appointment, I didn't get my biometric details taken until August. The woman I spoke to yesterday said that the processing times are calculated from the date your biometrics are done - a fact they allude to absolutely nowhere on their website or in any guidance.

I really hope you get yours soon ukresi - please do keep me updated! Did you also apply under the unmarried partner visa category?

ukresi13
Newly Registered

painful wait

Post by ukresi13 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:21 pm

Prudence,

The entire process is ridiculous! Sorry to hear about your flight. I completely understand I’ve had to cancel various important trips abroad because of this. Nowhere does it say that it’s a 14 week wait from the date of your biometrics. Not that it matters but we were lucky enough to get a bio appt a week after they received our application. Obviously the 14 week period does not hold true to that, as we are now approaching our 15th week with no response.
We applied under married but since we were wed here we had to apply for a COA last year and that took 4 months. We have now officially been in this process for over a year.
I do know if we would have applied in person we would have heard a response immediately. Back in Feb my friend and her partner applied for an FLRM by appointment and the UKBA gave them a decision that day, three days later her biometrics card was mailed to her. That doesn’t really help us now but perhaps for future reference.

If you barely got your biometrics in August you could still possibly hear within 14 weeks. I know the waiting process is painful.

RegsNZ
Newly Registered

FLR M Success

Post by RegsNZ » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:48 pm

Hi, just to give everyone hope when they are looking in these forums for waiting times....... I sent my application on the 26th September, got my biometrics done on the 6th of October and received my passport and documentation back yesterday with an approval letter dated the 20th October - so only 2 weeks.
My application was straight forward and I was changing from HSMP to FLR M - Unmarried Partner
Hope this helps relieve a bit of worry when people start reading these blogs and seeing others taking 14+ weeks (this is what I did!)
Good luck to those still waiting - I know how nerve racking it is!

LisaNicky
Newly Registered

Post by LisaNicky » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:42 pm

Like RegsNZ, I just wanted to give people some hope by reporting my recent experience.

My partner posted off his FLR(M) one week, had acknowledgment of receipt later the same week. Received a letter inviting him to a biometrics appointment two weeks later, was able to get an appointment for the following week, and we then received our passports back a week after that! I was super-impressed by how quick the whole process was.

The only thing I can say is that we went through the form so many times over to make sure we picked up on EVERYTHING. We didn't have letters from three different sources addressed to both of us, so had to include letters addressed to us individually from the same date - I ended up including a couple of extra documents to make extra sure that we fulfilled the criteria.

At the biometrics appointment, my partner was waved through while others were given mini-interviews to clarify points of their application - so that gave me a spark of hope! Was still amazed when all our documents and his ID card arrived the following week though! Was an answer to some very fervent prayers.

mrs
Newly Registered

I am still waiting for my FLR Application reply Too

Post by mrs » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:36 pm

Hi there i have sent my application on the 13 of October to the Home Office i have only receive a letter confirming they have received the application , up till now no news yeth, and my current student visa just run out on 31 October with them.

I am now warried now that it has expired with them but all my document was ok when i checkd, please is there anything i can do now or i should just wait for them to reply?

saba85

FLR M waiting times

Post by saba85 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:36 pm

i applied for FLR M on 18 sep, still waiting havent heard anything yet, anyone knows how long does FLR m takes nowadays