ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Urgent Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ksharmin

Need Urgent Help

Post by ksharmin » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Hello friends,

I am new in this forum. I read many topic from this site, which is
very helpful for everyone.
I want to get some suggesion from you friends,
i really need your help.
My friend at the moment on psw visa, [IGS to PSW] which will expires next year.
as we know it's for 2 years. he got still nearly 1 year visa.
is it possible to switch another catagory within this time?
if he want to switch for tier 1 general what he will do now cause he
hasn't got master degree. he can't get work permit as well.
if he start now masters course is it possible to switch?
cause he need only master degree to match this criteria.
Could you give me some good advice. Need your help.
Thanks in advance
S

kulksnikhil

Post by kulksnikhil » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:44 pm

Hi, sorry i do not have a solution, instead I might end up increasing your problem's complexity. It is better to have complete picture much before rather than getting shocks at the last moment. Please don't be disheartened. there will certainly be some solution for all problems.

Is it a distance learning course your friend is taking up to qualify for Tier 1 general? Recently they have made a change to Tier 1 general in that, to apply for a Tier 1 General, you MUST produce earnings of 12 months with in 15 immediately before the dat of application. So if your friend takes up a on campus master's degree then I am not sure, if he/she would work enough to earn enough to qualify for Tier 1 general. instead After completing Master's degree may be ur friend can apply for another PSW.

And if it is a distance learning proram that he/she is joining then, hope you have checked if the course you have joined qualifies for Tier 1 general.

ksharmin

Post by ksharmin » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:32 pm

Hi, kulksnikhil
thanks for reply. What is distance learning course ?
Is it possible for psw holders can study as well if anyone can do?
Earning and study together? is it any restriction for that?
If he finish masters within this time can he claim for point? like as a normal candidate? or if he can't finish within this time then what next?
As we know Psw for 2 years. it's not be renewable.
Plz need some advice
Thank you

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:48 pm

kulksnikhil wrote:Hi, sorry i do not have a solution, instead I might end up increasing your problem's complexity. It is better to have complete picture much before rather than getting shocks at the last moment. Please don't be disheartened. there will certainly be some solution for all problems.

Is it a distance learning course your friend is taking up to qualify for Tier 1 general? Recently they have made a change to Tier 1 general in that, to apply for a Tier 1 General, you MUST produce earnings of 12 months with in 15 immediately before the dat of application. So if your friend takes up a on campus master's degree then I am not sure, if he/she would work enough to earn enough to qualify for Tier 1 general. instead After completing Master's degree may be ur friend can apply for another PSW.

And if it is a distance learning proram that he/she is joining then, hope you have checked if the course you have joined qualifies for Tier 1 general.
1. U can not apply for PSW again as it can only be issued once regardless how many times u switch.

ksharmin

Post by ksharmin » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:07 pm

Hi, ash786
thanks for your reply. Actually i m now on psw. i know it's for 2 years.
I don't want to apply again for psw.
I want switch my current position tier 1 post study to tier 1 general.
so i need masters. can i start masters course now? as i have already nearly 1 year still.
can you plz give some advice
Thanks in advance

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:39 pm

ksharmin wrote:Hi, ash786
thanks for your reply. Actually i m now on psw. i know it's for 2 years.
I don't want to apply again for psw.
I want switch my current position tier 1 post study to tier 1 general.
so i need masters. can i start masters course now? as i have already nearly 1 year still.
can you plz give some advice
Thanks in advance
1. As a PSW holder there are no restrictions on you regarding studies.
2. U can study, do business or whatever u want.

ksharmin

Post by ksharmin » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:03 am

hi, ash786
thanks for quick reply. i really apriciate it.
as u says i can start my study, there is no restriction.
i m doing full time job as well. doing lots of hour.
is it any problem with full time work and full time study together?
will i be question in trouble by HO that how did you done both togther?
That type of situation?
because this is lots of pressure, is n't it?
but i wish would be able to do so.
Have you heard any this type of situation? plz share with me.
i m wating for your reply.
give me some good suggestion friend.
I m really in odd situation.
Thanks

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:07 pm

ksharmin wrote:hi, ash786
thanks for quick reply. i really apriciate it.
as u says i can start my study, there is no restriction.
i m doing full time job as well. doing lots of hour.
is it any problem with full time work and full time study together?
will i be question in trouble by HO that how did you done both togther?
That type of situation?
because this is lots of pressure, is n't it?
but i wish would be able to do so.
Have you heard any this type of situation? plz share with me.
i m wating for your reply.
give me some good suggestion friend.
I m really in odd situation.
Thanks
1. As a PSW holder u can do as many hours as u want and study full time as many days as u want.

ksharmin

Post by ksharmin » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:28 pm

Thanks ash786,
anyhow i want to complete masters now. is there any good suggession abt masters? where and how can i easily start and finish ?Please give some advice
can i finish within this time?
Thanks

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:07 pm

ksharmin wrote:Thanks ash786,
anyhow i want to complete masters now. is there any good suggession abt masters? where and how can i easily start and finish ?Please give some advice
can i finish within this time?
Thanks
1. Masters are only for 1 year and many universities offer 1 year masters so u really need to look into u area where u live.

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:04 pm

Since there is only one year left, I think he should think very carefully of the course he is going to choose and finish on time. Usually, students do a dissertation ( little project) by th end of the course and this is tricky. Some of them finish it rather quick and some drag for like another year. My advice it is not that cut and dry about doing and getting the award. Plan your time, choose your School and subject carefully before you run out of time at the end. You need to know that PSW visa cannot be extended. All the best
________
GM FOODS
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

ksharmin

Post by ksharmin » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:18 pm

Hi,Jack_Hammer and ash786,Thanks both of u giving me nice suggession.
First of all i want to finish my masters asap. second thing i don,t want to spend much money for this course, like in uni.cause uni is very expensive.
I m looking for very cheap college and easy course to do easily. i don,t want to take much stress for that. another thing with this time have to continue work as well.and need to show fund as well. if finish masters then for tier 1 general How does HO will point calculate? is it any point for psw or pgd course still availabile?
Friends i really need your help plz? is anybody have idea where can i get very easy way to do masters with few class, make dissertation to submit,with less money paying college? because i don,t have more time enough. everything have to prepare within this time. any useful idea?
I m very worried. what should i do now . i dont know?
waiting for reply

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:38 pm

Don't study for just the Visa, study for a good course you will need in the future, Don't waste your money on stuff you don't like or need just for the sake to extend Visa. You can always switch back to students visa until you finish your course and apply for Tier 1 general afterwards. Tuition fees vary from University to University and from school to school inside the university. Normally, courses on Computer, engineering etc. tend to be me more expensive than language, environment etc. courses and at the end the decision is yours. My advice don't go for Masters by research or anything like that. Research based degrees may fool some people and think they easy, No, Usually, they take longer and harder to do than taught based courses... Just go for a year taught course.. Normally, they study two semesters and leave a little project at end. Hope this helps..
________
Herbalaire Vaporizer
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

ksharmin

Post by ksharmin » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:03 am

Thanks Jack_Hammer,
i really agree with your decission. but the problem is I already got 2 year psw. this is my last year. which is [IGS to PSW]. If i can finish easy course within this time then i will be able to switch my current position to Tier 1 general. otherwise i have to go back student visa. after that i cant't get psw again.because i already spending 2 years psw. which is not renewable. so i will loose my option. and another thing student can't go directly Tier 1 general is n't? they have to go psw first. so i have no choice. another thing again i will go for student visa then i will loose my job as well. as everybody knows the economic condition is very bad at present. to find a normal salary job how people are struggeling?
That,s why friend no choice at all. if i can go for Tier 1 general i wish i will study like phd with good subject. so plz help me now then i can out from this problem at the moment.
Thanks in advance

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:47 pm

Hi, I think you can switch from student visa to Tier1 general. Check Tier1 general points calculator and see how many scores you can make. I am not very familiar with Tier1 general category myself, but you should have no problem if you get the required points.

Check the points calculator link here, choose "I want to switch into Tier 1 (General) from another category" and see how it goes. There is Tier1 general page on this form, try to know more about it.

here is the link

http://www.workpermit.com/uk/uk-immigra ... ulator.htm
________
WIKI VAPORIZER
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

vinata

Post by vinata » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:09 pm

Master Degree can only be awarded by a University and you can study for it either part-time or full-time.

Full-time means 1 year (full 12 month) and part-time generally means 2 years (24-30 month). Most full-time programes have already started in Sep, so now you have to wait for another intake starting from Jan 09. If you choose to study in a college, it normally takes even longer (full-time over 2 years) because you will submit all your assignments to the college, but they will be checked over and validated by the university which co-operates with that college.

If you wish to apply to any university, you need to make your own search. Go to Google or Yahoo and search for a suitable masters degree, compare all the offers and apply. You will be admitted to the Uni/college only from Jan 09, meaning you will have only half a year left on your psw. Then you should apply for a student visa.

In the end of your studies you would either carry on studying to achieve 10 years residency in the UK, or leave the UK, work abroad and then come back with the foreign experience and Tier 1 general visa.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way out of your situation. I personally completed my MBA in the UK and know how difficult this course is. If you do it full-time, there wouldn't be any time for anything else, including work. This is because you do 6 subjects in one semester, and 6 in another, and then you have got 3 month to complete your dissertation. Believe me, it is very very difficult, unless you study all the time.

Situation with the college is no different at all. It might be easier with the attendance or other admin issues, but since all your assignements and exams need to be approved by the associated Uni, you would need to work hard anyway.

So, it is really up to you what you are going to do now. You can also start studying from next Sep 2010 in order to take the full advantage of your psw to work and save some money. But if you cannot switch to either Tier 1 general or work permit in the end, you would inevitably have to leave the UK. So, studying is probably the best option for you. Good luck.

ksharmin

Post by ksharmin » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:11 pm

Thanks for reply.
I really appriciate it. if i start a masters course now suppose it,s not finish within my visa expires, takes much longer like 4-6 month or...less then i have to switch student visa right?But after that how do i qualify for Tier 1 general? will my previous earning points calculate? can i claim for previous earning? can i claim for psw points? as i know as a pgd holder cant get point. so make me clear plz after masters how the points will calculate?
masters-35
Earning 20000 per annun 10or 15
After which point will add for my case?
Another thing is it HO calculate the earning point like yearly gross income or they will calculate as per week 48 hour.
If like u work 60 hour per week ? is it calculate like that or Only they will count 48 hour per week.
make me clear Plz
Thanks

vinata

Post by vinata » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:26 pm

Sorry to say that, you will not be able to switch to Tier 1 general after you complete your masters. This is because of the new rule which was introduced from Oct 09 that stipulates you can no longer claim points for previous earning, unless they were earned derectly prior to your Tier 1 general application. It means you wouldn't be able to claim points for the earnings you earn now (£20,000 or whatever it might be) because they would not be arned prior to your future application, as you would be in the full-time studying at that time.

So, like i previously said, you can start studying either from Jan 2010 or Sep 2010 (in order to work for as long as possible), and then switch to student visa, and after you comple the course, you can either carry on studying to achieve 10 years residency or leave the UK and apply for Tier 1 general after undertaking of at least 12 month of work and satisfying the earning criteria.

After completing the masters degree you can move to doing PhD full-time, or to other courses. However, it really depends on your situation and on how many years you have already spent in the UK. If you have been here for 7 years, then it would be benefisial for you just to study until you complete those 10 years. But if you have been in the UK for only 5 years, let's say, then you may simply not wish to study for another 5 years. So, you really need to think of your circumstances and act accordingly.

ksharmin

Post by ksharmin » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:43 pm

Thanks, vinata
for your helpful reply. i m living here since 2004. I m now on psw. which is [IGS to PSW]. I still have nearly 1 year. this my last year. Could you plz give me some suggession how can i manage to switch on Tier 1 psw to Tier 1 general? is there no option for me to do so? is there any short time masters do u know? then i can complete within this time? any idea?
Plz let me know i m very odd situation.
Thanks

vinata

Post by vinata » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:00 pm

You can only switch from psw to tier 1 general if you can collect all the points for qualification, earnings, english language, UK experince and the age. I am not sure whetheryour earnings are sufficient, but if you don't have a Masters degree, you will not qualify for this visa.

To my knowledge, there is no short-term masters degrees availabve (those of less than 12 month full-time). All you can do to obtain the points for qualification, is to study. But in this case, you will loose the points for earnings. So, after your studies you will need to work for at least 12 month to qualify for those points. So, this is the dead lock. You will need to decide on what to do.

ksharmin

Post by ksharmin » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:20 pm

Thanks ,vinata for your quick reply.
I don't know what to do? i don,t want leave this country.
Could you give me some suggession abt this?
I m married. my wife is with me from end of 2005. she is as my dependant. she is not studying here. she is work part time here. she finished her master degree from home country. it,s abt 5 or 6 year ago.
is it possible she will switch her visa from dependant to student? is she will question in trouble by HO why she want to study here after long gap.
or if its possible then can i switch my status as a dependant and carry my job and master degree? if i finish masters then after can i able to apply for Tier 1 general from here? is it possible as dependant? or need to go back home country and apply from here?
i don,t want to any gap within my whole period of time since uk.
Give me some good suggession my friends
Waiting for reply

vinata

Post by vinata » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:32 pm

Yes, you can do that. Your wife can switch to student visa (from her own country only, meaning there would be a break of the continuity in your current stay), and you can switch to the dependent status. But the application should be logged from your own country. This switch cannot be made from the UK, as a new entry clearence in required for this purpose.

As her dependant, you can study and work, and later apply for Tier 1 gen from your own country again, as this change will require a new entry clearence as well. So, all these stays would not count towards 10 years residency, as every new entry clearance means your stay starts from zero.

But this solution is a way forward for you.

ksharmin

Post by ksharmin » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:59 pm

Thanks, mate
as u said that it will be big problem create, is n't it? so better i can switch student visa again as result continous status will be an option. as i finish already here 6 years and next begaining of year i will finish 7 years continuous live here. so as a result i have wait 3 years more.
But i heard from some one that 10 years continious residency role will be change very soon? they are thinking it to change it 15 years? is it true.
my brain is totally empty
what to do?
Need some advice plz
Thanks

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:17 pm

I think vinata has done a good job explaining the options for you. As he said maybe it is better to carry on with your PSW right now and try to earn more money and then switch to student visa next year. This will help you also in searching for a Masters course of your interest. Most importantly be prepared for your student visa next year and the new rules for Tier 4, they have become quite a real hurdle to achieve for some students. Fingers crossed Home Office keeps the 10 year rule as it is now and you become closer and closer to your target. All the best
________
DAIHATSU OPTI HISTORY
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

ksharmin

Post by ksharmin » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:40 pm

Thanks to all my friends to giving such a helpful idea.
i m really worried abt this matter.
can anyone plz tell me if my wife want to switch her status dependant to student, can she apply from here within this time? or she need to apply from back home? when can she apply as she have nearly 1 year still?
can she apply now? will it be effect to continious living? because she will apply before her visa expires. and what abt me? if i want to switch as a dependant her? do i need to go back home or i can change my status from here? or is it any effect to my continious living? if i apply before visa expires?
Please make me clear abt this friends
Thanks look froward