ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa delay Heeeeelp! what to do?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

annekix
Newly Registered

Student visa delay Heeeeelp! what to do?

Post by annekix » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:45 pm

My school latest start date on my visa letter just passed this week oct 20th and my visa application is still at the British High Commission (I applied in time and it’s been with them for about 20 days now) do you think they could still issue the student visa?.

If i knew i would have applied months earlier but honestly guys arranging tuition and maintanance fees wasnt easy, men i had no choice but to wait till all the funds were complete.

Has any one in the house had any similar experience with this kind of delay? Or knows anyone who’s gone through this?
What do you guy’s advice me to do?

what doyou think is the reason for the delay?

I sent the BHC a mail regarding my situation and this was the reply they gave:-
22 October 2009
Dear Sir

Thank you for your email. Please be informed that we are yet to receive replies to checks conducted into your application. Your package will be sent back to the visa application centre once these checks are concluded and a decision is made.

Yours faithfully
HB
Correspondence Unit | Visa Services | UK Border Agency | British Deputy High Commission | Lagos | Nigeria
Help lines:+234 1 2625930 - 7; 4613655 -58 | visa.lagos@fco.gov.uk | www.ukvisas.gov.uk; www.UKinNigeria.fco.gov.uk

Save Time Apply Online - you can now apply for your visa using our award winning application service. Go to www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk for more information.

Travelling to the UK? Do it the Premium way.
Are you a bonafide and well established traveller? Why not apply for a Premium Visa valid for 2 years?
For details of how to apply for a visa and locations of the application centres visit www.ukvac-ng.com
please respond

mtjoy86
Newly Registered

Post by mtjoy86 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:42 am

I'm in your exact same situation..the only difference is that the revised start date on my visa letter is 26th october ( thats 2morow) I'd just like to know where ur applying from and what course are u applying for? The only suggestion I can give u is that try calling up BHC, ask them ur application status and tell them that ur course date has surpassed. I tried doing that and they said that the processing is in the final stage..but I stii hav'nt recieved my visa yet. Also inform the university officials regarding the delay so that they would allow u to enroll late.