ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LATEST APPLICATION FORM from October 01, 2009

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vks

Post by vks » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:51 am

• Guidance notes

Summary of main changes
    Tier 1 (General)
    The condition which prohibits Tier 1 Migrants from taking employment as a 'Doctor in training' has been amended. Those migrants currently in the United Kingdom working as a 'Doctor in Training' with leave which is not subject to any restriction on their employment can apply to be exempted from the restriction. In order to do this they must provide the documents specified in annex D of the Guidance notes.
    In line with the Immigration Rules change the guidance has been amended to remove the provision for migrants in full time education to claim points for earnings obtained outside of the 15 months immediately prior to their application.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... uide-forms[/list]
Regards,
vks

vks

Post by vks » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:54 am

In line with paragraph 34I of the Immigration Rules, the previous versions of each of these forms will continue to be valid for applications made up to 21 days after 1 October 2009. However applicants should be aware that any application submitted during this period will be considered under the revised Immigration Rules regardless of what version of the application form they submit.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... uide-forms
Regards,
vks

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:51 pm

But to be on the safe side it is better to fill in the fresh one.
vks wrote:In line with paragraph 34I of the Immigration Rules, the previous versions of each of these forms will continue to be valid for applications made up to 21 days after 1 October 2009. However applicants should be aware that any application submitted during this period will be considered under the revised Immigration Rules regardless of what version of the application form they submit.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:42 pm

How about those full time students who have appliedk, whose applications are under consideration and awaiting decisions? Will they be affected by this change?

Views welcome.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:46 pm

scorpion wrote:
rizwan567 wrote:Thanks for correction. Yes, I must admit you are right.

I am still looking for answer of below questions:

Is this change sudden or it was announced earlier?

Is there any announcement on UKBA website about this change? Usually they do announce on their website about any such change?

The link below was posted at ukresident.com immigration forum on 22nd september

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/working_after.php
I mean this is very intersting. UKCISA and workpermit.com are announching the expected changes before UKBA.

What I am most confused about is how come these two companies become aware of the changes before anyone else? The reason I am asking this is to know, what is the best way of becoming update with the changes? Should we rely on these site (third parties) more than the UKBA site from now on??

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:46 am

If their application date is October 1, 2009 or afterwards, they might be in trouble. Poor guys!! But normally it is advised to see the updated information (application form, visa fee, etc) on the day of application, to check if everything is in order.

In line with paragraph 34I of the Immigration Rules, the previous versions of each of these forms will continue to be valid for applications made up to 21 days after 1 October 2009. However applicants should be aware that any application submitted during this period will be considered under the revised Immigration Rules regardless of what version of the application form they submit.
rizwan567 wrote:How about those full time students who have appliedk, whose applications are under consideration and awaiting decisions? Will they be affected by this change?

Views welcome.

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:00 pm

I work in a solicitor company in their IT deparment so i know that law firms received new forms and changes well in advance, unfortunately my firm doesn't deal in immigrations.

infact when i was student my university's immigration adviser was well aware of all the changes in advance, universities normally held seminars on immigrations and other topics where students are informed about current and future changes.

so we just cant rely on UKBA webiste its our responsibility to keep ourselves updated by whatever means(immigration forums, ukba website, friends, reading , internet etc)

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:01 pm

Hello guys, this is just to update those of you who have printed and using the Tier 1 application forms before 01 October 2009, that you could use these forms only 21 days after 01 October 2009. You should use latest forms instead.
Last edited by mvent00 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:30 pm

nabeel_sheraz wrote:I work in a solicitor company in their IT deparment so i know that law firms received new forms and changes well in advance, unfortunately my firm doesn't deal in immigrations.

infact when i was student my university's immigration adviser was well aware of all the changes in advance, universities normally held seminars on immigrations and other topics where students are informed about current and future changes.

so we just cant rely on UKBA webiste its our responsibility to keep ourselves updated by whatever means(immigration forums, ukba website, friends, reading , internet etc)
Dear Nabeel, thanks for your post. Can you give me some idea, who sent details to your law firm in advance about the change in forms and other relevent changes?

Yes, my question is who should we subscribe with/contact with to get to know about latest changes in time?

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:32 pm

rizwan567 wrote:
Dear Nabeel, thanks for your post. Can you give me some idea, who sent details to your law firm in advance about the change in forms and other relevent changes?

Yes, my question is who should we subscribe with/contact with to get to know about latest changes in time?
In order to receive forms and update usually law firms subscribe to other companies like Oyez, laserforms, IRIS (n many others) who are responsible to keep law firms up to date. I am not sure if an individual can subscribe to these companies its very expensive though

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Post by seanjoe » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:48 am

mvent00 wrote:But to be on the safe side it is better to fill in the fresh one.
vks wrote:In line with paragraph 34I of the Immigration Rules, the previous versions of each of these forms will continue to be valid for applications made up to 21 days after 1 October 2009. However applicants should be aware that any application submitted during this period will be considered under the revised Immigration Rules regardless of what version of the application form they submit.

Just to advise that I am sending my application today under the version 04/09 - paragraph 34I of the immigration rules states that it will be valid till the 21st of October. See this link:

Link 1: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ofchanges/
INDEX OF STATEMENT CHANGES

Link 2: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Link 2 states the change.
This manual along with the change indicated in the quote above means that there is NO RISK in using the previous version as long as the postage date is WITHIN 21 DAYS of the 1st of October 2009.

I'm sending mine today and my visa expires on the 23rd of the month.

Good luck!
sean

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Post by seanjoe » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:55 am

One more thing all:

this is the link which is the UPDATED one from the BIA website:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... les/part1/

paragraph 34I falls into part 1 for website purposes and if you scroll down to the paragraph, there is no statement of changes from previous links which refers to this paragraphs, which means this paragraph stands valid from when it was introduced, which is in 2008.

Members of standing: hope you agree.
sean

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:11 am

Despite the fact that you are fully aware about the change of forms, may I know what is the reason for using old form instead of new ones?

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Post by seanjoe » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:32 am

rizwan567 wrote:Despite the fact that you are fully aware about the change of forms, may I know what is the reason for using old form instead of new ones?
Well, filling up another set of forms would mean that (despite the forms being almost identical), i would have to read the entire revised guidance and forms completely. Besides, if caseworkers are so pedantic about every word about their immigration manual, they better be aware of paragraph 34I of their manual too - they are trying to make our lives difficult, but at the same time, i'm within my rights correct?

rizwan, from a logical point of view, i'm pushing the knowledge limits to the limit, and using all the knowledge available. we should not be pushed into being conservative, but using the law to its fullest.
sean

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:54 pm

If you are so confident about your findings/re-search and caseworking then that is fine. Else it is better to play safe then being sorry.

If you have other reasons to apply on old forms then that is different issue.

But kindly keep us updated about your experience. We may learn something new from you. All the best

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:02 am

I would modify Rizwan's comment as, "Even if you are so confident about your findings/re-search and caseworking, it is better to play safe than being sorry. :)
rizwan567 wrote:If you are so confident about your findings/re-search and caseworking then that is fine. Else it is better to play safe than being sorry.

But kindly keep us updated about your experience. We may learn something new from you. All the best

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Post by seanjoe » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:41 am

rizwan567 wrote:If you are so confident about your findings/re-search and caseworking then that is fine. Else it is better to play safe then being sorry.

no worries. I'll keep you posted. Sent the forms yesterday. It has reached today. Will check online to see if the funds are deducted. The previous forms were sent back to me minus the payment pages. last time, the deduction in money went the same day it was received by them.
sean

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Post by seanjoe » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:13 am

status update: 10.13; 07/10/09
right. money has been deducted today from my credit card for applic. sent yesterday.
sean

kulksnikhil

Post by kulksnikhil » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:38 pm

rizwan567 wrote:Thanks for correction. Yes, I must admit you are right.

I am still looking for answer of below questions:

Is this change sudden or it was announced earlier?

Is there any announcement on UKBA website about this change? Usually they do announce on their website about any such change?
If you are doubting whether it is true or not. You may compare the Section L1 of the previous tier 1 general form and NEW tier 1 general form. The student section in L1 is removed :(

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:58 am

Previous forms can be used until 21 days after 01 October, 2009.

guruasis12345
Newly Registered

Post by guruasis12345 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:38 pm

mvent00 wrote:Previous forms can be used until 21 days after 01 October, 2009.
I went to VFS - PUNE, even they didn't have the latest forms and didn't point out that I have to use new form specifically.
Even on the official website the forms are not updated:
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/vafs/

I submitted my application on 22nd Oct!!!

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:58 am

guruasis12345 wrote: I went to VFS - PUNE, even they didn't have the latest forms and didn't point out that I have to use new form specifically.

The changed application form is for applicants in UK. As of October 09, 2009, the same changes are present in updated self-assessment appendix form for outside UK applicants.

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Post by seanjoe » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:48 pm

seanjoe wrote:
rizwan567 wrote:If you are so confident about your findings/re-search and caseworking then that is fine. Else it is better to play safe then being sorry.

no worries. I'll keep you posted. Sent the forms yesterday. It has reached today. Will check online to see if the funds are deducted. The previous forms were sent back to me minus the payment pages. last time, the deduction in money went the same day it was received by them.
Just to advise that my application which was sent on the old forms and as discussed under that paragraph of the immigration rules has been accepted and the visa has been extended. so please note that from any form change, you always have 21 days to use the old forms without any penalty. cheers.
sean

guruasis12345
Newly Registered

Post by guruasis12345 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:24 pm

mvent00 wrote:
guruasis12345 wrote: I went to VFS - PUNE, even they didn't have the latest forms and didn't point out that I have to use new form specifically.

The changed application form is for applicants in UK. As of October 09, 2009, the same changes are present in updated self-assessment appendix form for outside UK applicants.

I got my Tier 1 General visa in just 5 working days. My application was very straight-forward. Details are as under:
VFS Centre: Pune
Applied: 22/10/09 11am
Method of payment: D.D. (Rs. 54000 fees + 200 courier + 20 SMS service)
Visa stamping date: 26/10/09
SMS received saying "Visa Processed and couriered": 27/10/09 4.55pm
Courier received: 28/10/09 2pm
Valid till: 26/10/12 (I put my travel date in the form as 20/11/09 but they started the visa well-ahead)
Forms used:
1)Tier 1: Personal Details (Old Version i.e. VAF9 MAR 2009)
2)APPENDIX 1: SELF- ASSESSMENT (New Version i.e. VAF9 OCT 2009)
Hence, they are still accepting old forms for 'Personal Details' as I applied on 22nd and the ruling to use old-forms is only uptil 21st
And how can I forget:
THANK YOU immigrationboards.com's valuable forum...I owe it to YOU!!