ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visa - Mum and Dad

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gagan2sandhu
Newly Registered

Family Visa - Mum and Dad

Post by gagan2sandhu » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:09 pm

Hello

I would like to apply visitor visa for my parents who live in Chandigarh, India. I have question regarding invitation letter and sponsoprshio letter as whether they are two different types of letter? If so, do you know any website to see the correct template and wording for them.

What shall I write as a reason for requesting consulate to issue family visa to my parents. I have got ready all the letters and documents but just struggling a little bit on what to write as reason as they are just coming to see and stay with us for 2-4 months.

Any answer will be much appreciated.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:44 pm

Send me your email address, and I will send you samples of the letters that you need for a family visit.

gagan2sandhu
Newly Registered

My Email

Post by gagan2sandhu » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:14 pm

Thanks Dear

My email is gaganxs@gmail.com

Regards

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: My Email

Post by Rozen » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:30 am

gagan2sandhu wrote:Thanks Dear

My email is ...
Regards
You really should have PM'd your email address to Batleykhan, rather than post it so openly on a public forum. Don't be surprised when you start getting loads of unsolicited mail! Spam! :roll:

iceCold

Post by iceCold » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:08 pm

Hello ,
I too am plannning to apply for tourist visa for my mother and sister.The process is not very clear on the VFS website . I dont want to spend too much on visa agents and trying to get it all done on my own. Had a few queries though :
1) Approximately how long and for how much of cash do I need to maintain in my account.
2) I live in a 1 bedroom house along with my wife in London. Will this be a problem w.r.t overcrowding?
3) Could you please post the documents checklist on here and also the sponsor/invite letter formats.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:58 pm

iceCold wrote:Hello ,
I too am plannning to apply for tourist visa for my mother and sister.The process is not very clear on the VFS website . I dont want to spend too much on visa agents and trying to get it all done on my own. Had a few queries though :
1) Approximately how long and for how much of cash do I need to maintain in my account.
2) I live in a 1 bedroom house along with my wife in London. Will this be a problem w.r.t overcrowding?
3) Could you please post the documents checklist on here and also the sponsor/invite letter formats.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.
1) Doesn't matter as long as you can show that after rent and council tax (and some say utility bills too) you have £100.95 per week to support. As you are sponsoring 2 you might been £201.90 but someone will confirm if that's the case

2) Yes, in fact that alone might result in a visa being refused.

iceCold

Post by iceCold » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:27 pm

thanks for your quick reply meats. So to cover the overcrowding issue, what do I need to do? Will a 1 month hotel booking hotel booking help,but thats going to cost me a fortune..:(

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:10 pm

iceCold wrote:thanks for your quick reply meats. So to cover the overcrowding issue, what do I need to do? Will a 1 month hotel booking hotel booking help,but thats going to cost me a fortune..:(
That would help yes, or if they've got sufficient funds to support themselves for their travels then book a couple of nights and go from there.

Alternatively get a bigger house, although that's easier said than done!

iceCold

Post by iceCold » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:16 pm

Thanks again.