ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 filed Nov 08 no decision yet. Urgent need of passport

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dtjesus

Tier 1 filed Nov 08 no decision yet. Urgent need of passport

Post by dtjesus » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:18 pm

I had filed Tier 1 back in Nov 08. Since then it has been under consideration and has been under 'Extended checks' for last 6 months. My previous student visa expired end of March 09. After nearly an year now i need my passport urgently for Canadian PR.Does anyone know which of the following paths should i take?

1- Withdraw application (does any one know how long it takes for the passport to come back incase of withdrawl? Also how many days will i get after i have received my passport back to leave the country?)

2- Lodge a complaint on grounds of delay in processing (11 months compared to 14 weeks standard processing time)

3- Contact an immigration solicitor (Any ideas as to which one is the best in london?)

Thanks for any help guys.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 filed Nov 08 no decision yet. Urgent need of pass

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:48 pm

dtjesus wrote:I had filed Tier 1 back in Nov 08. Since then it has been under consideration and has been under 'Extended checks' for last 6 months. My previous student visa expired end of March 09. After nearly an year now i need my passport urgently for Canadian PR.Does anyone know which of the following paths should i take?

1- Withdraw application (does any one know how long it takes for the passport to come back incase of withdrawl? Also how many days will i get after i have received my passport back to leave the country?)

2- Lodge a complaint on grounds of delay in processing (11 months compared to 14 weeks standard processing time)

3- Contact an immigration solicitor (Any ideas as to which one is the best in london?)

Thanks for any help guys.
I think you should consult a solicitor for this. This is unprecendented case. Besides if I were you, I would have panicked to death. Try http://www.joneskel.com/ or http://www.internationalworkpermits.com (no win - no fee basis). Few friends gave good review about them. But its your choice. Many people in this forum had bad experience with Named OISC advisors so you can avoid them if you like.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:23 pm

Get your MP to write to HO. There must be something seriously wrong due to which it is taking so long. There is no point in waiting, keep badgering the HO till you get a response.
Regards,
crowbar6

dtjesus

Post by dtjesus » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:28 pm

I have spoken to the the HO on numerous occasions and just recently directly with my case worker. According to them 'continue to wait and if you want your passport back then withdraw..i.e loose the fee and go back as no status left in country'.
My MP spoke to the home office last week on the matter and they gave him the same answer. Nevertheless he has forwarded the case to HO on my behalf.
It amazes me as to how the home office staff seem to be unanswerable to almost any authority at all.
Thanks for the links to the solicitors. Perhaps i should start looking in to adding compensation for 12 months of distress. :shock:

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:04 am

that is crazy. if you managed to speak to the case worker directly then you should have asked what kind of checks they are doing as you might would have helped them if possible.

speak to your local MP and file a complaint as this is ridiculous.

dtjesus

Post by dtjesus » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:23 am

innocentdevil wrote:that is crazy. if you managed to speak to the case worker directly then you should have asked what kind of checks they are doing as you might would have helped them if possible.

I did ask the case worker but they wont disclose the reason. And they said as the checks are independent i cant help in the checks.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:24 pm

dtjesus wrote:
innocentdevil wrote:that is crazy. if you managed to speak to the case worker directly then you should have asked what kind of checks they are doing as you might would have helped them if possible.

I did ask the case worker but they wont disclose the reason. And they said as the checks are independent i cant help in the checks.
then I would suggest you to wait and let them take their time.

dtjesus

Post by dtjesus » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:09 pm

update. MP got back to me that they are unable to do anything about it. HO said to him they will be starting the process all over again. Confusing. Wondering whether they actually never looked at the case since last nov-08? Or that they have lost the whole file? MP has asked me to get a lawyer