ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question About Student visa and Out of time

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

reddit
Newly Registered

Question About Student visa and Out of time

Post by reddit » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:44 pm

If my appeal is still ongoing and I apply for a student visa, am I out of time or is it okay to apply?

jagdish_10
Newly Registered

hiii

Post by jagdish_10 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:14 pm

there is no rule that you cannot apply and they cant say that u cant apply ..but the decition is totally in the hands of the home office...
i applied for my students visa while waiting for my appeal results because my decition was not announced on the same day, i called the home office weather i can apply for a students visa while waiting for my appeal decition, they said ' there is no rule saying that i cant apply while i am waiting for my decition' and my solicitor said the same
i appeal was on 21 of august and i applied for tier 4 application on 26th of august , had my biometric test on 18th of september and still waiting for my decition.
day bore yesterday i came accross a rule 245ZX (l) which isin th home office website which says
"The applicant must not be applying for leave to remain for the purpose of studies which would commence more than one month after the applicant's current entry clearance or leave to remain expires"

when i rang the home office before applying they didint say anything about this rule andthey didnt say that i cannot apply.