ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application Submitted to Islamabad OC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

swadez
Newly Registered

Application Submitted to Islamabad OC

Post by swadez » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:29 am

One of my friends, who doesn't read or write English, has asked me to open a thread on her behalf... the following is in her own words (translated)...

Can somebody let me know current process times for family visit visa applications to the UK from Mirpur, Pakistan.

I applied on 30th September 2009 and need to travel on 21st November 2009. I have checked the 'track your passport' webpage - and it says Application Submitted to Islamabad OC" - what does this mean?

Because I thought all visas go to Abu Dhabi for processing.

I have also heard (or read on the internet) that once the status is above on the tracking page, then that means application has returned to Islamabad from Abu Dhabi - from where they will send back to Mirpur Gerrys within 8-10 days.

I have read that only visa applications go to Abu Dhabi and not the passports themeselves - is this true. And if visa has been approved, then this tracking status message usually means visa has been approved and passport is at Islamabad to be stamped.

I emailed Abu Dhabi last week and they said visa is currently being processed. I emailed Gerrys in Mirpur yesterday and they said documents have not yet returned to them.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Application Submitted to Islamabad OC

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:32 pm

swadez wrote:One of my friends, who doesn't read or write English, has asked me to open a thread on her behalf... the following is in her own words (translated)...

Can somebody let me know current process times for family visit visa applications to the UK from Mirpur, Pakistan.

Out of 611 decisions made in Mirpur (in September 2009) for family visit visas, 1% decisions were made in one day, while 99% were made in 120 days. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

I applied on 30th September 2009 and need to travel on 21st November 2009. I have checked the 'track your passport' webpage - and it says Application Submitted to Islamabad OC" - what does this mean?

Because I thought all visas go to Abu Dhabi for processing.

I have also heard (or read on the internet) that once the status is above on the tracking page, then that means application has returned to Islamabad from Abu Dhabi - from where they will send back to Mirpur Gerrys within 8-10 days.

I have read that only visa applications go to Abu Dhabi and not the passports themeselves - is this true. And if visa has been approved, then this tracking status message usually means visa has been approved and passport is at Islamabad to be stamped.

I emailed Abu Dhabi last week and they said visa is currently being processed. I emailed Gerrys in Mirpur yesterday and they said documents have not yet returned to them.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.