ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Advice on Changing sponsor

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zayf
Newly Registered

Need Advice on Changing sponsor

Post by zayf » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:36 pm

Hi,

I need urgent help. I have got a tier 4 student visa and admission in York University. Problem is that my course has already started and i have just come to uk and living a bit far from the university, I havent got accomodation and am not much familiar with environment yet. I was just wondering can i request to delay my Session to January 2010 or sept 2010 for that matter. or can i actually completely Change my University(sponsor).

Today is the last day specified by university to report and i dont think that i can.

If i change my University do i have to go back home and re-apply for visa ?

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

meats
BANNED

Re: Need Advice on Changing sponsor

Post by meats » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:40 pm

zayf wrote:

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.
Yes

zayf
Newly Registered

Post by zayf » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:13 pm

meats wrote:
zayf wrote:

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.
Yes
But in the visa Tier 4 migration guidance, it doesnt say that. Can i please get more in detail response on that ?

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:19 pm

zayf wrote:
meats wrote:
zayf wrote:

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.
Yes
But in the visa Tier 4 migration guidance, it doesnt say that. Can i please get more in detail response on that ?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

zayf
Newly Registered

Post by zayf » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:23 pm

meats wrote:
zayf wrote:
meats wrote:
zayf wrote:

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.
Yes

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

Exactly it says on page 45 that you only have to report to us, it doesnt say you have to go back and then re-apply as i have already got visa till october 2010

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:02 pm

You didn't read this bit though:
What happens if a student’s course ends early?
We will limit the student’s permission to stay to 60 days if his/her course ends earlier than 264. expected. This may be, for example, if the student’s Tier 4 sponsor cancels his/her place on the course, or if the student finishes the course early.
If a student hasless than six months left of his/her permission to stay, we will not limit his/265. her permission and the student can stay until his/her permission runs out.
I do not think you can stay in the UK and wait until next autumn to start a course.

According to the new rules, your university will shortly report that you have not started your course.

zayf
Newly Registered

Post by zayf » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:49 pm

PaperPusher wrote:You didn't read this bit though:
What happens if a student’s course ends early?
We will limit the student’s permission to stay to 60 days if his/her course ends earlier than 264. expected. This may be, for example, if the student’s Tier 4 sponsor cancels his/her place on the course, or if the student finishes the course early.
If a student hasless than six months left of his/her permission to stay, we will not limit his/265. her permission and the student can stay until his/her permission runs out.
I do not think you can stay in the UK and wait until next autumn to start a course.

According to the new rules, your university will shortly report that you have not started your course.
Its not waiting till next autumn, I can start a course in january with another uni. Can someone please advise me on my case.