ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does overstay affect issuance of EEA Family Permit?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

allpeopleunite
Newly Registered

Does overstay affect issuance of EEA Family Permit?

Post by allpeopleunite » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:02 pm

If I have overstayed on a tourist visa, is it possible to be issued with an EEA family permit, or will this be held against me?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Does overstay affect issuance of EEA Family Permit?

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:20 pm

allpeopleunite wrote:If I have overstayed on a tourist visa, is it possible to be issued with an EEA family permit, or will this be held against me?
It's possible, but whether it's fair or not is up to your conscience....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Does overstay affect issuance of EEA Family Permit?

Post by Rozen » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:25 pm

allpeopleunite wrote:If I have overstayed on a tourist visa, is it possible to be issued with an EEA family permit, or will this be held against me?
You probably mean EEA Residence Card! Yes, it is possible! Though they may wonder why you did not apply for the EEA FP BEFORE entering the UK (instead of Tourist Visa).

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:52 pm

They may also wonder how you qualify if you are married to a British National. Who would your family member be? Have you lived in another EU country, and have either of you been working or studying there?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#300903
Basic information:

Nationality: United States Citizen
Immigration Status in the UK: Visitor

I am currently planning on applying for a spouse visa as the husband of my partner who is a British citizen. We will be married in the United States in February and will apply from the States shortly after. I have several queries:

Firstly, regarding support and accomodation:

I see a problem. Neither of us are currently employed. My wife is a student and receives incomes support due to disability. I have over 4 000 pounds in my bank account, i have read that one is usually judged based on the income support level in the UK, which is 200 pounds per month for an individual. I figure that having 4 000 pounds savings is more than enough to satisfy this requirement for 6 months until i can secure employment in the UK.

allpeopleunite
Newly Registered

Post by allpeopleunite » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:14 am

We are planning on using the Surinder Singh route if the spouse visa is refused, yes.

AS2009
Newly Registered

Help please

Post by AS2009 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:11 pm

hi,
Last edited by AS2009 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: Help please

Post by 86ti » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:19 pm

AS2009 wrote:hi, i am new to this board ,

i need help please
You better open your own thread. Your case does not seem to be related to the one discussed here.