ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 wait

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kkk01

Post by kkk01 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:20 pm

SAJJ wrote:
kkk01 wrote:Hey Guys, I just received an email from SOLVIT which reads thus:
"...As per the complaint sent to us as regards to the delay in processing your application by the UKBA, thus your application was being given an urgent consideration. Please advice whether you've received any response from the UKBA"...

Well, maybe I should give the HO a call later as Am yet to receive any response from them, as said by SOLVIT.
Fingers Crossed. 8)
Hi kkk01,

When did you submit your application

SAJJ
I submitted my application Dec 08.
Got my CoA in Feb 09.

r.tc
Newly Registered

Post by r.tc » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:16 pm

kkk01 wrote:
SAJJ wrote:
kkk01 wrote:Hey Guys, I just received an email from SOLVIT which reads thus:
"...As per the complaint sent to us as regards to the delay in processing your application by the UKBA, thus your application was being given an urgent consideration. Please advice whether you've received any response from the UKBA"...

Well, maybe I should give the HO a call later as Am yet to receive any response from them, as said by SOLVIT.
Fingers Crossed. 8)
Hi kkk01,

When did you submit your application

SAJJ
I submitted my application Dec 08.
Got my CoA in Feb 09.

Hi, I am new on this forum.

I applied for RC in January 09
received my COA 22 march 09
letter requesting additional evidences october 09

Since then nothing. I tried everything possible but without result. Everytime I call them my application is still with the case working team.
kkk01 I don't mean to take your hopes away from you but I received the very same email from SOLVIT. At the end of the Spammy Spammer were a phone number that I kept calling since but never got trough.
Now I just leave. Try not to think of that otherwise it can get me sick. I just wish my passport comes back by christmas so I can go home visit my family.
It's hard guys but let's stay strong :)

SAJJ
Newly Registered

Post by SAJJ » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:27 pm

Hi R.TC

Have you got your CASE WORKING TEAM`S REF No. Mine is with LNC7. And when they sent you the letter asking for add. documents was it with RECORDED delivery or normal one ?

Regards

SAJJ

r.tc
Newly Registered

Post by r.tc » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:46 pm

SAJJ wrote:Hi R.TC

Have you got your CASE WORKING TEAM`S REF No. Mine is with LNC7. And when they sent you the letter asking for add. documents was it with RECORDED delivery or normal one ?

Regards

SAJJ
hi SAJJ

My case working team ref is LNC9. I received the letter 3 weeks ego by normal delivery.

kuka

Post by kuka » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:58 am

With this postal strike, we might sufer even more :(

SAJJ
Newly Registered

Post by SAJJ » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:16 pm

Any good news guys. I called HO last week. Same story. . . . . . . :(

kuka

Post by kuka » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:18 pm

SAJJ wrote:Any good news guys. I called HO last week. Same story. . . . . . . :(
Sorry, nothing new for me either!:(

bee123
Newly Registered

Post by bee123 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi! I've just been reading through the blog and I would lile to share my story:
I am EU national and I have applied for an unmarried partner visa togehter with my boyfriend who is South American in Nov08.

Now we have been waiting for almost 12 month and the HO is telling us absolutely nothing.

We have faxed a complaint letter to the infamous HO fax number in May09 and in Sept09 we received a generic reply letter from the HO informing us about the general backlog and delay.
The application has been submitted by an immigration lawyer, so there shouldn't be any problems with missing documents, etc.

I've been calling the home office every 2 weeks for the last 6 month and the only info I get is that our application is with the case working team.

I am now drafting a letter to Solvit and hope this could help.

kkk01

Post by kkk01 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:25 pm

bee123 wrote:Hi! I've just been reading through the blog and I would lile to share my story:
I am EU national and I have applied for an unmarried partner visa togehter with my boyfriend who is South American in Nov08.

Now we have been waiting for almost 12 month and the HO is telling us absolutely nothing.

We have faxed a complaint letter to the infamous HO fax number in May09 and in Sept09 we received a generic reply letter from the HO informing us about the general backlog and delay.
The application has been submitted by an immigration lawyer, so there shouldn't be any problems with missing documents, etc.

I've been calling the home office every 2 weeks for the last 6 month and the only info I get is that our application is with the case working team.

I am now drafting a letter to Solvit and hope this could help.
Contacting SOLVIT is a good idea.
Also your may wish to get your MP/MEP involved as they seemed to have worked for some people in this forum, Albeit my MP was completely useless.
Good Luck Mate!

pc1980
Newly Registered

Post by pc1980 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:48 pm

I've been following this thread for quite a while and it seems that activity has decreased. I'm hoping that is due to more RC been issued! Is there anywhere where I can find out current processing times for EEA2 applications?

I applied on 21st September and received my COA the following week but haven't heard anything since then.

Sarah T

Post by Sarah T » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:20 pm

Just rang the UKBA again today since I have been faxing information to them over the past three weeks - to get a new CoA whilst waiting for the application to come through and the lady on the phone said that they haven't received anything! And then proceed to give me another fax numbers.

So I asked her whether I should note that the case working team is LNC3 (as previously told to me), she said it is with LNC17 now! So I asked why has the team changed and she just said that it is nothing I should be concerned about! WHAT!?

Just wondering if anyone has similar experience? I'm nearing my end with this application now. It is getting more and more ridiculous by the months! Still waiting - 9 months and counting! Grrr...

yemco
Nigeria

Post by yemco » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:48 pm

Sarah T wrote:Just rang the UKBA again today since I have been faxing information to them over the past three weeks - to get a new CoA whilst waiting for the application to come through and the lady on the phone said that they haven't received anything! And then proceed to give me another fax numbers.

So I asked her whether I should note that the case working team is LNC3 (as previously told to me), she said it is with LNC17 now! So I asked why has the team changed and she just said that it is nothing I should be concerned about! WHAT!?why

Just wondering if anyone has similar experience? I'm nearing my end with this application now. It is getting more and more ridiculous by the months! Still waiting - 9 months and counting! Grrr...
mine is with the same case worker LNC17 too wonder why they are so slow in making a decision on the application.i wish they know the stress they are causing alot of applicant.

rokodilivio
Newly Registered

my situation,

Post by rokodilivio » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:55 pm

applied for eea2 since january6 6th, started calling ukba july, was told with a case worker august, september, and just last week another guy told me is not even with a case worker, i was shocked. I called the next day and another guy told not is not with a case worker. i am fed up.

rokodilivio
Newly Registered

my story in full

Post by rokodilivio » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:17 pm

In my situation, i applied for eea2 and eea 1 repectively, i never made a call till about july, and was told it is awaiting consideration. In august i spoke to a guy who was very kind and helpfull, assuring me there is no problem with my application, and is being assigned to a case worker,. i was really glad believing is coming to and end. i decided to call again september, i spoke to the same guy and he assured me the case worker will get to my case soon, i complained why is new applicacant getting priority and he said he is not in the best position to explain that. Late september, i called again , spoke to another gentle fellow, who told me the same story. Then i decided to complaint o my mp, he replied me and sent me a the generic letter from the ukba, which i believe is normal. .To my my greatest surprise i called last week and i was shocked when the fellow told me that my case is not assigned to a case worker yet,. called the next day same story,....fed up with ukba.

Sarah T

Re: my story in full

Post by Sarah T » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:22 am

rokodilivio wrote:In my situation, i applied for eea2 and eea 1 repectively, i never made a call till about july, and was told it is awaiting consideration. In august i spoke to a guy who was very kind and helpfull, assuring me there is no problem with my application, and is being assigned to a case worker,. i was really glad believing is coming to and end. i decided to call again september, i spoke to the same guy and he assured me the case worker will get to my case soon, i complained why is new applicacant getting priority and he said he is not in the best position to explain that. Late september, i called again , spoke to another gentle fellow, who told me the same story. Then i decided to complaint o my mp, he replied me and sent me a the generic letter from the ukba, which i believe is normal. .To my my greatest surprise i called last week and i was shocked when the fellow told me that my case is not assigned to a case worker yet,. called the next day same story,....fed up with ukba.
It is amazing how the UKBA works isn't it? Well, it is really bad to hear that they first tell you that your case has been assigned to a caseworker and now it's not!

I'm beginning to really wonder if it is easier to just withdraw and re-submit if the new applicants get faster review and decision. Hang on there. Hopefully, they keep their promise that we will get ours in December 09, at the latest!

Sarah T

Post by Sarah T » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:24 am

yemco wrote:
Sarah T wrote:Just rang the UKBA again today since I have been faxing information to them over the past three weeks - to get a new CoA whilst waiting for the application to come through and the lady on the phone said that they haven't received anything! And then proceed to give me another fax numbers.

So I asked her whether I should note that the case working team is LNC3 (as previously told to me), she said it is with LNC17 now! So I asked why has the team changed and she just said that it is nothing I should be concerned about! WHAT!?why

mine is with the same case worker LNC17 too wonder why they are so slow in making a decision on the application.i wish they know the stress they are causing alot of applicant.
Yemco, just wonder if you have heard from them at all since your application? I asked her what does the team ref means and she just said that it's nothing for me to be concerned about! THAT almost want to make me scream my head off!

Anyway, let's keep each other updated to see if there are any movements in this caseworking team! By the way, when did you apply for your EEA2?

mourad

Post by mourad » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:22 pm

yemco wrote:

i think that lady was right ,when i received a letter back injuly about renewing my passport, it was from a teamLNC2 and when we got our RC and registration card it was from LNC7,one more thing the first one came from a departement that wasn`t the departement that sent the second letter ;so not only they move from teams but from departement to others.
good luck guys
kuka darling whats happening?

mourad

Re: my situation,

Post by mourad » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:30 pm

rokodilivio wrote:applied for eea2 since january6 6th, started calling ukba july, was told with a case worker august, september, and just last week another guy told me is not even with a case worker, i was shocked. I called the next day and another guy told not is not with a case worker. i am fed up.
mate you`re gonna laugh.
i called UKBA on 07/09/09 i was told that my application wasn`t with the case worker but before that in august i was told it was being processed by one ,the very next day i call again to really swear at someone to my surprise ,a very surprise call centre worker says to me that my case was close on 02/09/09 and my passport was in the post and i should `ve had received it by now ; then a day or 2 later i got everything in the post.
i promis you guys they don`t have a clue of whats happening in their house.

Sarah T

Re: my situation,

Post by Sarah T » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:53 pm

mourad wrote:
rokodilivio wrote:applied for eea2 since january6 6th, started calling ukba july, was told with a case worker august, september, and just last week another guy told me is not even with a case worker, i was shocked. I called the next day and another guy told not is not with a case worker. i am fed up.
mate you`re gonna laugh.
i called UKBA on 07/09/09 i was told that my application wasn`t with the case worker but before that in august i was told it was being processed by one ,the very next day i call again to really swear at someone to my surprise ,a very surprise call centre worker says to me that my case was close on 02/09/09 and my passport was in the post and i should `ve had received it by now ; then a day or 2 later i got everything in the post.
i promis you guys they don`t have a clue of whats happening in their house.
Mourad, you probably stated this many times before, but do you mind telling me when did you submit your EEA2 application?

Oh and thanks for sharing your experience about the change of team. So I won't beat myself up with it now that I know they just move it around!

mourad

Post by mourad » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:58 pm

thats cool.
UKBA received EEA1,EEA2 applications 23/12/08. certificat of aproval dated 24/01/09 can`t remember when i got the actual document.
18/07/09 received a letter from UKBA with my expired passport asking for renewal sent new one a week later.
received new passport with EEA RC and the wife`s EEA1 registration card around the 10/09/09 but both dated 02/09/09. voila

kuka

Post by kuka » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:02 pm

mourad wrote:thats cool.
UKBA received EEA1,EEA2 applications 23/12/08. certificat of aproval dated 24/01/09 can`t remember when i got the actual document.
18/07/09 received a letter from UKBA with my expired passport asking for renewal sent new one a week later.
received new passport with EEA RC and the wife`s EEA1 registration card around the 10/09/09 but both dated 02/09/09. voila
That's quite quick :)

Sarah T

Post by Sarah T » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:09 pm

mourad wrote:thats cool.
Thanks for sharing. So, assuming that it takes an average of 9 months, my 9 months are nearly up. I going to keep hoping then.

Thanks again!

rokodilivio
Newly Registered

for curiosity

Post by rokodilivio » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:43 pm

The ukba is saying by the end of november all the backlog should hopefully be over, but what i dont understand is by then my application should be coming up to a year with then which means it is part of the backlog for sure, i have asked those amateur guys in their call centre this questions over, and over, if i have a chance of getting my passport back by december, all they keep telling me is we cant give accurate time of how long it will be. This is one of the biggest challenge i have undertook in my life, u have no control whatsoever over it. waiting game is hell.

kkk01

Re: for curiosity

Post by kkk01 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:35 pm

rokodilivio wrote:The ukba is saying by the end of november all the backlog should hopefully be over, but what i dont understand is by then my application should be coming up to a year with then which means it is part of the backlog for sure, i have asked those amateur guys in their call centre this questions over, and over, if i have a chance of getting my passport back by december, all they keep telling me is we cant give accurate time of how long it will be. This is one of the biggest challenge i have undertook in my life, u have no control whatsoever over it. waiting game is hell.
@rokodilivio
Yep, I got your point. The waiting is hell.
I hope this their recent promises are not just another publicity stunts.
I wonder how practical/possible that is, considering the fact that more
people are yet to get their documents back even as the November deadline draws near.
Lets keep the hope alive guys!

yemco
Nigeria

Post by yemco » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:03 pm

Sarah T wrote:
yemco wrote:

Yemco, just wonder if you have heard from them at all since your application? I asked her what does the team ref means and she just said that it's nothing for me to be concerned about! THAT almost want to make me scream my head off!

Anyway, let's keep each other updated to see if there are any movements in this caseworking team! By the way, when did you apply for your EEA2?
i apply in march this year.i call them yesterday.still same old story.