ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

APPLIED FOR FIANCEE VISA PLS HELP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

daftpunk_db
Newly Registered

APPLIED FOR FIANCEE VISA PLS HELP

Post by daftpunk_db » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:38 am

hello I have just discovered this forum and have been reading the first 10 pages in the last hour or so. Its great theres so much help and info available. Just applied for fiancee visa and have some questions any help will be preciated.

me: dual citizen for both British and Turkish(neutralised British citizen in 2003) been living in the uk since 1997.
married 10 years ago and seperated 3 years ago and I m receiving my decree absolut this week.I have a 9 yr old daughter born in the Uk from my previous marriage (father born british)
my fiancee: turkish citizen who is currently living in Turkey.

we are planning to marry around february 2010. Although I live and work here I was born in Turkey and I could ve chosen to move back to Turkey after my previous marriage dissolved however the reason I need/willing to stay here is thefact that I can't take my daughter away from her father till at least she is at the right age to choose to whichever country she likes to live in. For this reason me and my fiance decided for him to come over to Uk and live with us for the forseeable future. I work full -time in a bank and dont claim any benefits etc i rent privately and living comfortably. My fiance used to be a freelance events manager and due to our plans he stopped working. From reading the forums I have come across few points i need help with. someone being refused a visa because of their overdraft??is this actually possible? I bring home almost 3000 each month but I do have a free overdraft and most months I use this probably up to its limit. After my rent/utilities I probably spend 300 shopping 200 social 200 school trips and rest for etcetc for general spending. Is that mean that cos of my overdraft I will not qualify for £100.95 p/w disposable income?I have provided my last 6 months statements to visa people which shows everymonth 3k coming and probably most of it going. Is this a bad thing? i do have a savings account which i use regularly .ie on my last visit to turkey i have taken 1500 out and spent. also i have sent over 3k to turkey and vicaversa my fiancee did the same. Is this a negative thing since i have to prove that i will be able look afer him in the 6 months he will not be able to work upon his arrival? my second question is that because we wanted to choose venue etc for our wedding we havent booked anywhere yet however thereare two places which we will decide and we have submitted the info about these and wedding packages we've been sent to the visa dept in Turkey. we also sbmitted our engagement party photos our holiday photos our telephone bills skype msn conversation dating back to october 2008 letters, my supponsoring letter and one of my friends ref letter etc. I have also included my contract payslips etc etc and so on.we have applied this september and I ve been led to believe it takes generally arond 8-12 weeks. what do you think of my application success and if yo could answer few of my queries I would be so grateful. I realised i did write soo long but this is the first forum I come across that I might have some answers.Thanks in advance..

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: APPLIED FOR FIANCEE VISA PLS HELP

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:47 am

daftpunk_db wrote:hello I have just discovered this forum and have been reading the first 10 pages in the last hour or so. Its great theres so much help and info available. Just applied for fiancee visa and have some questions any help will be preciated.

me: dual citizen for both British and Turkish(neutralised British citizen in 2003) been living in the uk since 1997.
married 10 years ago and seperated 3 years ago and I m receiving my decree absolut this week.I have a 9 yr old daughter born in the Uk from my previous marriage (father born british)
my fiancee: turkish citizen who is currently living in Turkey.

we are planning to marry around february 2010. Although I live and work here I was born in Turkey and I could ve chosen to move back to Turkey after my previous marriage dissolved however the reason I need/willing to stay here is thefact that I can't take my daughter away from her father till at least she is at the right age to choose to whichever country she likes to live in. For this reason me and my fiance decided for him to come over to Uk and live with us for the forseeable future. I work full -time in a bank and dont claim any benefits etc i rent privately and living comfortably. My fiance used to be a freelance events manager and due to our plans he stopped working. From reading the forums I have come across few points i need help with. someone being refused a visa because of their overdraft??is this actually possible? I bring home almost 3000 each month but I do have a free overdraft and most months I use this probably up to its limit. After my rent/utilities I probably spend 300 shopping 200 social 200 school trips and rest for etcetc for general spending. Is that mean that cos of my overdraft I will not qualify for £100.95 p/w disposable income?I have provided my last 6 months statements to visa people which shows everymonth 3k coming and probably most of it going. Is this a bad thing? i do have a savings account which i use regularly .ie on my last visit to turkey i have taken 1500 out and spent. also i have sent over 3k to turkey and vicaversa my fiancee did the same. Is this a negative thing since i have to prove that i will be able look afer him in the 6 months he will not be able to work upon his arrival? my second question is that because we wanted to choose venue etc for our wedding we havent booked anywhere yet however thereare two places which we will decide and we have submitted the info about these and wedding packages we've been sent to the visa dept in Turkey. we also sbmitted our engagement party photos our holiday photos our telephone bills skype msn conversation dating back to october 2008 letters, my supponsoring letter and one of my friends ref letter etc. I have also included my contract payslips etc etc and so on.we have applied this september and I ve been led to believe it takes generally arond 8-12 weeks. what do you think of my application success and if yo could answer few of my queries I would be so grateful. I realised i did write soo long but this is the first forum I come across that I might have some answers.Thanks in advance..
Firstly, this forum (Tier 1 visa discussion forum) is not the right forum to ask this question. Anyway, I think you have provided enough evidences in support of your fiancee's visa application and your case is strong. The issues of spending/transferring money is a normal one and it will not effect the application process. In my opinion, it would be a straightforward "Yes" to his application. Good luck!!