ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family perimit

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RajeshBhosale
Newly Registered

EEA family perimit

Post by RajeshBhosale » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:49 am

Hello,

I am non Eu and spouse of irish. Where do i apply for EEA family permit and what documents do i need to bring with me.

Sincerely,
Rajesh

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:50 am

Rajesh, it might be helpful if you say what country you are hoping to live and work in with your Irish spouse.
John

RajeshBhosale
Newly Registered

EEA family permit

Post by RajeshBhosale » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:25 am

Hello John,

I would be living and working in Ireland with my irish spouse. So with a spouse visa, would my passport still need to be stamped to take up full time employment in Ireland ? (i.e- EEA family permit )

Sincerely,
Rajesh

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:49 am

I don't claim to know the detail of Irish immigration law but I would be surprised if you can go the EEA Family Permit route if you are intending to live and work in Ireland .... unless you and your spouse have already been exercising your treaty rights in another EEA country for at least six months.

Instead I would expect you to need to get a spouse visa to enter Ireland.

An EEA Family Permit would be appropriate if you and your spouse were intending to live and work in any other EEA country, apart from Ireland. That definition of course includes the UK.

Where to apply for your Irish spouse visa? Obviously the Irish embassy in your country.
John

RajeshBhosale
Newly Registered

EEA family permit

Post by RajeshBhosale » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:29 pm

Hello John,

Yes i did apply for the spouse visa in my home country that is the Irish Embassy. If i got you right there, I dont need any permit to take up full time employment in Ireland and my spouse visa is sufficient enough to take up full time employment.

And we havent been exercising the treaty in another EEA country. We got married in my home country (India) and have been living here for the last six months. But i would be soon moving to Ireland with my spouse.

Thanks for your replies.

Sincerely,
Rajesh.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:21 pm

Why not just apply for a "normal" Irish spouse visa?