ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Allowed Visa Stamped Timings - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Safina1

Post by Safina1 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:08 pm

they emailed from visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk
i called gerry office but they say its not been updated on their system so we have to wait.

ammalik
Newly Registered

Post by ammalik » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:13 pm

Safina,

What category was you application?

sherlypk

Post by sherlypk » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:35 am

TOPGUN wrote:

Congrats Sherlypk, Really happy to hear the good news from your side. Did gerrys call your mother to pick her passport? What was your mothers appeal date and when did she receive the determination from the judge?

Regards,
I called Gerrys myself I think you have to chase them constantly they don't bother calling you at all.

Our appeal was allowed in March 09 and hearing was some where in Feb 09. She received the call letter in May 09.

Regards,

SherlyPK

scholarshk

Re: Reply

Post by scholarshk » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:40 pm

TOPGUN wrote:
Thats good. you visited them by your own. what did you say when you reached gerry? did you call them before going? Is there any delivery date written on the stamped visa? I think i should do the same next friday as i also resubmitted my pp at karachi office.
Just show them the Visa Consignment note (the small receipt) and inside ask the counter whether your passport has arrived or not.

I did not call them before going as the number is of call center and these guys never know the updated status (thats what a Gerrys person told me long ago that its waste of money to call them).

As an alternative, you can e-mail the duty manager of respective VAC. E-mail address can be found at http://www.ukvacpk.com/customer.aspx

Safina1

Post by Safina1 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:10 am

hey guys my husband received 'the call' we'd been waiting for for nearly 5 months. my hearing was in may 5th and he got call letter 2 weeks later. submitted passport on june 4th and now we finally get it bac tomorrow.

so they are getting a move on now. i would advise ppl to keep emailing them with threats cos i think thats wot actually works.

TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:03 pm

Safina1 wrote:hey guys my husband received 'the call' we'd been waiting for for nearly 5 months. my hearing was in may 5th and he got call letter 2 weeks later. submitted passport on june 4th and now we finally get it bac tomorrow.

so they are getting a move on now. i would advise ppl to keep emailing them with threats cos i think thats wot actually works.
Congrats Safina, from which center your husband applied ?

TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:45 am

Safina1 wrote:hey guys my husband received 'the call' we'd been waiting for for nearly 5 months. my hearing was in may 5th and he got call letter 2 weeks later. submitted passport on june 4th and now we finally get it bac tomorrow.

Whats the visa stamp date on your husbands passport.

Safina1

Post by Safina1 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:44 am

he applied from mirpur. stamp date was 20 oct.

TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:35 pm

Safina1 wrote:he applied from mirpur. stamp date was 20 oct.
Was 5 May your husbands hearing date or was it the day you and your husband got the determination from the Judge? because my hearing date was 30 April and i got the determination on 13 May and submitted my passport on 12 June. Whats the status of your husbands TB certificate? is it still valid? On which emails addresses have you sent those angry mails? i know you got the reply from visa.abudhabi. can you please tell me all the emails address?

Regards,

Magnet
Newly Registered

Post by Magnet » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:38 am

Hi everyone,

want to share some good news regarding my wife's Settlement Visa...

Initial Application: 14 Oct 2008
Rejected: 3 Nov 2008
Appealed: 15 Nov 2008
Appeal heard: 9 June 2009
Appeal Allowed: 22 June 2009
Submitted passport & TB: 10 July 2009
TB certificate expiry: 28 Oct 2009
Call to collect passport: 29 Oct 2009
Collected passport from LHR: 30 Oct 2009
Visa Stamped: 13 Oct 2009

do we require a new TB certificate before travelling to UK ? and does my wife need to travel within 28 days from visa stamp date ?

Safina many many congrats

good luck everyone, my prayers are with you all... :P

TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:09 am

Magnet wrote:Hi everyone,

want to share some good news regarding my wife's Settlement Visa...

Initial Application: 14 Oct 2008
Rejected: 3 Nov 2008
Appealed: 15 Nov 2008
Appeal heard: 9 June 2009
Appeal Allowed: 22 June 2009
Submitted passport & TB: 10 July 2009
TB certificate expiry: 28 Oct 2009
Call to collect passport: 29 Oct 2009
Collected passport from LHR: 30 Oct 2009
Visa Stamped: 13 Oct 2009

do we require a new TB certificate before travelling to UK ? and does my wife need to travel within 28 days from visa stamp date ?

Safina many many congrats

good luck everyone, my prayers are with you all... :P
Congrats Magnet, Its really a good news. Yes you require a new TB certificate before traveling. Ask your wife to get a new certificate. I think, yes your wife must travel within 28 days.

Regards,

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:18 am

I think, yes your wife must travel within 28 days.
No its 3 months now.

Leaving you 24 months to complete your two year period.

That is why they give you 27 month visas now instead of the two year (24 months ) previously.

TB visa will be required on arrival at UK airport.

Magnet
Newly Registered

Post by Magnet » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:10 pm

Regarding the new TB certificate I read the following on UK Boarder Agency website:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... qs/2971158

Will this make the need for health screening at UK airports and ports unnecessary?

Those who have tuberculosis screening before obtaining a visa and present a certificate to prove it on arrival in the UK will no longer have to undergo medical testing on arrival unless the Medical Inspector raises health concerns about them. People arriving from some other countries which are not covered by this scheme, will still need to undergo screening.

So, will my wife require a new certificate? she had a valid TB certificate before obtaining the visa? are we covered by the scheme?

kindly advise

TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:13 pm

Magnet wrote:Regarding the new TB certificate I read the following on UK Boarder Agency website:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... qs/2971158

Will this make the need for health screening at UK airports and ports unnecessary?

Those who have tuberculosis screening before obtaining a visa and present a certificate to prove it on arrival in the UK will no longer have to undergo medical testing on arrival unless the Medical Inspector raises health concerns about them. People arriving from some other countries which are not covered by this scheme, will still need to undergo screening.

So, will my wife require a new certificate? she had a valid TB certificate before obtaining the visa? are we covered by the scheme?

kindly advise
Yes your wife needs the Valid TB certificate to avoid the delay at the airport when she will arrive in UK. So to avoid that delay you should take the new TB certificate which is valid till the time she travels.

Safina1

Post by Safina1 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:48 pm

i think you will have to and better to be on the safe side or else they will harass her at the airport. i dnt think she has to travel within 28 days anymore but its best if she does. trust me i'v made my husb book a ticket for nxt wednesd and he has managed to get most of his bits n bobs done.

d rest of you keep your chin up they r getting passports stamped now.

AS2009
Newly Registered

Post by AS2009 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:25 pm

salam,

some of you guys are very lucky to have your visa stamped quick,

i have been waiting for just over 7 months , i don't know what to do , wen ever i have emailed them , got a reply, it will be seen in its turn, 16th october they replied me, your case is in process and wait to be contacted , are they just playing with me ?

Good luck and congrats to those who got their visas.

kind regards

AS

mna8

Hi

Post by mna8 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:17 am

Hi,

My friend is waiting since 27th May, 2009 after successful appeal. They are not responding to his emails. He is really worried. He used to be here in UK can I contact my MP to seek help for him as a friend or he is not going to help me as he is not here.
He submitted his application in BHC Islamabad.
Thanks
mna

AS2009
Newly Registered

Re: Hi

Post by AS2009 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:25 am

mna8 wrote:Hi,

My friend is waiting since 27th May, 2009 after successful appeal. They are not responding to his emails. He is really worried. He used to be here in UK can I contact my MP to seek help for him as a friend or he is not going to help me as he is not here.
He submitted his application in BHC Islamabad.
Thanks
he used to be here in UK ?
has he submitted his passport or waiting for a call letter since May?

kind regards
A
Last edited by AS2009 on Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

mna8

Post by mna8 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:33 am

HI,

He was student here and when he was leaving he got a job offer. His employer got the workpermit for him and he went Pakistan to apply for EC. He used to stay with me. He submitted his passport after a call letter.

Thanks
mna

AS2009
Newly Registered

Post by AS2009 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:53 am

mna8 wrote:HI,

He was student here and when he was leaving he got a job offer. His employer got the workpermit for him and he went Pakistan to apply for EC. He used to stay with me. He submitted his passport after a call letter.

Thanks
oh ok, situation in Pakistan is really out of order at the moment, i have been waiting for a long time perhaps the longest amongst many others .
u can contact your MP and find out , he might be able to help you, i am not sure if you can do it on behalf of your friend, its no harm asking him,
BHC is giving more hard time to those with spouse visas allowed appeal cases.
i hope and pray that your friend gets his visa and start his future soon.

thanks

desertman

Post by desertman » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:56 am

dear all
my parents visit visa got rejected on the basis tht i didnt supply the evidence of funds available with me to support them. but i have supplied all the documents like salary slips, bank statements, property letter etc and they also send back those documents. It seems they even didnt bother to look at the documents attached. I m on tier 1 in UK nd my parents had already visited uk n last year.

They gave me the right to appeal but problem is if i go to appeal it will take arnd 10 months to complete all process, what if i resubmit the application by clearing nd explaining the points that they mentioned in refusal letter, i know to resubmit i will ve to pay my fee again but it will be quicker than the appeal.

please advice me should i go for appeal or to re-submit ??

thanks n advance.

freedomofspeech

Student Visa appeal allowed

Post by freedomofspeech » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:27 am

I think these kind of delays are causing by our own pakistani employees who are working there in BHC, Islamabad. It seems to me that, they are working improper way because, my friend resubmitted his passport with me at same place and day but he receieved his pp before than me and I am still waiting for it. Huh!! I guess BHC messed up in dirt.

Fresh case applicants are getting there passports and we appeal allowed victims are still waiting for it. :(

yakov
Newly Registered

Post by yakov » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:43 am

Hi
I am wondering some one can help me with some sort of cover letter for British high commission in Islamabad Pakistan. I am applying for my parents to visit me here in UK and i need some cover letter to present my case. Also i will be great full if some one tell me what documents should i attach with visa application.
Thanks

desertman

Post by desertman » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:37 pm

Please advice appeal is better or re-submit ?

AS2009
Newly Registered

Post by AS2009 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:12 pm

desertman wrote:Please advice appeal is better or re-submit ?
check the appeal processing time in visit visa cases on AIT website, i am sure its lot less then appealing against the spouse visa, perhaps 2 months,

re submitting your application is just a waste of money and they might refuse you again perhaps on the same basis more or less.

i hope it helps.
thanks