ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

extend 1 month as student and then PSW!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SADEMA
Newly Registered

extend 1 month as student and then PSW!!

Post by SADEMA » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:36 pm

het guys! My student visa expires on the 30th of October and I need to extend 1 more month as a student cause still need a few more weeks in order to show enough money on my bank statements to apply for a PSW permit. My question is if I am able to apply for the PSW and shift to another category while my student extension is still in process.

thanx in advance for your time!

meats
BANNED

Re: extend 1 month as student and then PSW!!

Post by meats » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:48 pm

SADEMA wrote:het guys! My student visa expires on the 30th of October and I need to extend 1 more month as a student cause still need a few more weeks in order to show enough money on my bank statements to apply for a PSW permit. My question is if I am able to apply for the PSW and shift to another category while my student extension is still in process.

thanx in advance for your time!
You won't get an extension just because your funds aren't in order.

SADEMA
Newly Registered

Post by SADEMA » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:55 pm

hey! that is not the problem, my uni could help me with a letter or in the worst case i can pay for a short term course in business english or something like that.... my real cncern is if Im able to shift to a PSW while my student extension is still in process....

farrukh111
Newly Registered

Post by farrukh111 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:48 pm

SADEMA wrote:hey! that is not the problem, my uni could help me with a letter or in the worst case i can pay for a short term course in business english or something like that.... my real cncern is if Im able to shift to a PSW while my student extension is still in process....
Well Brother .

You can't shift to PSW , while you student extension is in process , after your VISA expires [Current Visa].

You have two options , either your university give you extension for the submission of thesis or due to any other reason.

second , for the backup , start maintaining 2800+ pounds statement , so that you can apply from your country if anything goes wrong,

Best of luck

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:10 pm

I have been to this problem myself. Unless you have a legitimate reason to extend your visa a student, university simply will not do that especially if you have been awarded the degree. Looking for another course is just too much money involved and it is not guaranteed that it is the right course for your educational level.

Myself, I left the UK and I applied lat week. Guess what, I got my PSW visa in one day. The problem, right now, I am not that excited to PSW or even returning to the UK..

My advice as they put it, sort out your account and be ready to apply from home.
________
CANARY ISLANDS COOKING
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

SADEMA
Newly Registered

Got the PSW??? In your face!!!

Post by SADEMA » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:22 pm

hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I got the PSW a few days ago! I applied after my student visa expired! and still I got it..

My student visa expired at the end of oct 2009, but still i needed one more month for the funding. So I made a post-app and put wrong my bank details, on purpose, so in this way they cannot debit the money from my account. They sent me back my documents after a few weeks, with a letter saying that the payment couldnt be done and to apply again. And then I applied again at the end of nov, this time with enough money on my bank statements for the last three months, together with a letter explaining why Im sending a fresh app and with a copy of the letter they sent me. A few weeks later i Got my visa.

I just want to let you now cause Ive noticed that most people in this site are very esceptical, orthodox and pesimistic about the home office and getting a visa and try to give the impression that if you dont get the advice of a lawyer ($) you cannot deal with it alone. I know the HO is very strict and everything, but this type of forums are supose to give people hope instead of cutting out their wings.

I know that what I did was very risky, and I had a lot of chances of not getting it, but I tried and it worked well.... My advise is not to duplicate what I did. The best thing to do is to apply on time and fulfil all requirements. But just in case your situation is not that straight forward, well.... get informed very well, there is a lot of info on the home office website, in forums, etc. and then use your creativity to do anything is in yur hands, as long as you are not doing anything ilegal you could use the system at your advantage as I did.

Take care guys and if someone of you needs some POSITIVE FEED-BACK just let me know! there is always a way!!!!!!!

nezinho

Re: Got the PSW??? In your face!!!

Post by nezinho » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:30 pm

SADEMA wrote:hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I got the PSW a few days ago! I applied after my student visa expired! and still I got it..

My student visa expired at the end of oct 2009, but still i needed one more month for the funding. So I made a post-app and put wrong my bank details, on purpose, so in this way they cannot debit the money from my account. They sent me back my documents after a few weeks, with a letter saying that the payment couldnt be done and to apply again. And then I applied again at the end of nov, this time with enough money on my bank statements for the last three months, together with a letter explaining why Im sending a fresh app and with a copy of the letter they sent me. A few weeks later i Got my visa.

I just want to let you now cause Ive noticed that most people in this site are very esceptical, orthodox and pesimistic about the home office and getting a visa and try to give the impression that if you dont get the advice of a lawyer ($) you cannot deal with it alone. I know the HO is very strict and everything, but this type of forums are supose to give people hope instead of cutting out their wings.

I know that what I did was very risky, and I had a lot of chances of not getting it, but I tried and it worked well.... My advise is not to duplicate what I did. The best thing to do is to apply on time and fulfil all requirements. But just in case your situation is not that straight forward, well.... get informed very well, there is a lot of info on the home office website, in forums, etc. and then use your creativity to do anything is in yur hands, as long as you are not doing anything ilegal you could use the system at your advantage as I did.

Take care guys and if someone of you needs some POSITIVE FEED-BACK just let me know! there is always a way!!!!!!!
DUDE!!!!

Seriously, I had a similar problem, where my funds were two days short. I'm not sure I would have done what you did but if I had that would have been awesome. Well, some people are just fortunate!

SADEMA
Newly Registered

Post by SADEMA » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:43 pm

wow, what a shame! sometimes you have nothing to loose and you could have given it a try! next time maybe