ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2010 - 11 UK Applicants Timelines

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:48 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:Duvvuru/ I'D...

Since each case is different and also the case worker working on our applications are different.. the cases may come in a few days before/after...

So guys just hold on ur nerves... this will also pass soon successfuly;

Goodluck to all...
I know what you mean Ramesh but I am still biting my finger nails :lol: :lol:

whereami
Newly Registered

Post by whereami » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:34 pm

TIMELINES..
Date Applied/Docs sent: 06-OCT-2009
Date Docs reached HO:07-OCT-2009
Date Payment Deducted: 07-OCT-2009
Current Status: Approved
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: 27-OCT-2009
Result & VISA stamped: Approved
Current FLR Status: HSMP to Tier1 (G) Extension

Best of luck to all.

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Post by seanjoe » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:52 pm

Guys, after having my initial applic rejected because of using an old photo (my fault entirely), my second attempt has been successful:

Date applied: 07 October
Payment deducted: 08 October
Acknowledgement letter received: 10 October
Visa expiry: 23 October
Visa stamped: 23 October
Received docs and passports: 27 October
Approved for another 3 years (till 2012).

Hooray. Thanks to this forum for all your help and quick replies. I will try to do my bit to help out.
sean

saurya_s

Post by saurya_s » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:15 pm

Guys, Mine is expiring on 20 Dec and I want to apply on 16th November along with a letter from my employer that I need to travel on 15th Dec to expedite the processing.
-Will that be OK?
-Would they give me visa till 20 Dec 2012?
-Is it what every body getting- 2-3 years from the date of expiry of existing visa?
-How early are you applying- considering the bank statement that they want is very recent?- 30 days from the day you are sending application?

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:57 pm

Hi Forum,

Just came back home to find my reference letter in the post :P, here are my updated timelines:

Application sent - 8th Oct 2009
Application delivered to HO - 9th Oct 2009
Fees deducted - 14th Oct 2009 (weird, as this was through credit card, but at least it worked, yiipeeee!)
Reference Letter received: 27th Oct (the letter is dated 16th October)

Cheers
Challenges make life worth it!

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:33 am

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hi Forum,

Just came back home to find my reference letter in the post :P, here are my updated timelines:

Application sent - 8th Oct 2009
Application delivered to HO - 9th Oct 2009
Fees deducted - 14th Oct 2009 (weird, as this was through credit card, but at least it worked, yiipeeee!)
Reference Letter received: 27th Oct (the letter is dated 16th October)

Cheers
have to say it took a long time but again depends. i paid via credit card and my payment went out the next day. good luck mate

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:11 am

Hi ID,

Yeah it did take a long time, these things can be so unpredictable, it might have been blocked at first and then someone at the bank may have noticed my advance notification and cleared it.

Somehow it worked out, and I am so happy I dont have to apply again:).

By the way members, what do the reference numbers really mean, mine looks like PB3569******/001, does that mean something?

Regards

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:16 am

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hi ID,

Yeah it did take a long time, these things can be so unpredictable, it might have been blocked at first and then someone at the bank may have noticed my advance notification and cleared it.

By the way members, what do the reference numbers really mean, mine looks like PB3569******/001, does that mean something?

Regards
i think it is just a way Home Office stores info on their database and if they need anything, they'll just type it and boom the relevant info pops on the screen.
they could also assign reference numbers according to geographic location such as sheffield, manchester, leeds or london etc .. me thinks :roll:

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:07 am

saurya_s wrote:Guys, Mine is expiring on 20 Dec and I want to apply on 16th November along with a letter from my employer that I need to travel on 15th Dec to expedite the processing.
-Will that be OK?
Why cant you apply on 1st NOV... give more chance to urselves
Yes - 3years from 20th Dec
-Is it what every body getting- 2-3 years from the date of expiry of existing visa?
-How early are you applying- considering the bank statement that they want is very recent?- 30 days from the day you are sending application?
People applied nearly 4-6months earlier tooo
Saurya..

hope u posted this query seperately or else will be lost in this TIMELINE Posts..

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:09 am

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hi ID,

Regards
Good to hear that Reference letters can come even after 3weeks.. good job..

PB3569******/001= 1 application if it is /003=3applications 1main+2dependents..

Did you apply alone for urselves without dependents.. i just guessed it..

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:24 am

Hi ramesh,

Thanks for the input. Yeah good to have the reference letter as a confirmation of the fact that all has gone well till this point.

However this worries me as I applied with my dependent, so shouldnt I get a 002 at the end of my reference number?

Can other people who have applied with dependants confirm this?

Regards

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:27 am

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hi ramesh,

Thanks for the input. Yeah good to have the reference letter as a confirmation of the fact that all has gone well till this point.

However this worries me as I applied with my dependent, so shouldnt I get a 002 at the end of my reference number?

Regards
InUKonhsmp...

Dont worry Mate.. as i said i just guessed it.. but you can confirm it by just checking the reference letter which will tell that the HO have received the application for Mr. InUk onshsmp and 1dependent..

check that and it shd be fine... if not will think about it.. pls let us know what is mentioned there.. leaving the personal details..

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:30 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:
saurya_s wrote:Guys, Mine is expiring on 20 Dec and I want to apply on 16th November along with a letter from my employer that I need to travel on 15th Dec to expedite the processing.
-Will that be OK?
Why cant you apply on 1st NOV... give more chance to urselves
Yes - 3years from 20th Dec
People applied nearly 4-6months earlier tooo
Saurya..

hope u posted this query seperately or else will be lost in this TIMELINE Posts..
the reason I applied in the last month was because I though you could only apply one month before your current expiry otherwise I would have applied couple of months ago. :shock:

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:30 am

Thanks ramesh, I think it did mention something about having received the application for a dependent as well.

I will try to jot down the letter here for everyones reference tonight.

wasa
Newly Registered

Post by wasa » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:53 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hi ramesh,

Regards
InUKonhsmp...

Dont worry Mate.. as i said i just guessed it.. but you can confirm it by just checking the reference letter which will tell that the HO have received the application for Mr. InUk onshsmp and 1dependent..

check that and it shd be fine... if not will think about it.. pls let us know what is mentioned there.. leaving the personal details..
I applied with dependents as well but only have 001 at the end, so you shouldn't worry about that.
Good luck.
Wasa

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:37 pm

Thanks for the clarification Wasa. Could you please update the new poll for the day on which HO posted the application, in case you have already go your approval?

Regards

wasa
Newly Registered

Post by wasa » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:41 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Thanks for the clarification Wasa. Could you please update the new poll for the day on which HO posted the application, in case you have already go your approval?

Regards
I am also waiting and HO received my application on 9th Oct. I applied for extension with 3 dependants in the UK. I will update here once I got my VISA.
Regards,
Wasa

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:53 pm

having gone through that other Trackit website, most of the peeps (including me) who applied on or before 7 Oct haven't received the docs back but I have a sneaky suspicion that either I will get 'em by friday or any day next week.

Prays ... OMG !!! :roll:

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Post by seanjoe » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:24 pm

innocentdevil wrote:having gone through that other Trackit website, most of the peeps (including me) who applied on or before 7 Oct haven't received the docs back but I have a sneaky suspicion that either I will get 'em by friday or any day next week.

Prays ... OMG !!! :roll:

this is the second time (coincidentally) that i have heard this "trackit" website being mentioned. had never heard of it before. what is the website please?
sean

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:29 pm

www.spammer.com/uk-immigration-trackers

Its a user-run site giving people an idea about the timelines etc at any given point in time. However, it does not have any section on when the HO posts documents back to us.

Also I observe members do not fill in all the information in their cases so many times its tough to get the information you want from trackitt.

~busybee~
Newly Registered

Post by ~busybee~ » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:34 pm

I just received my visa from the HO....a min ago! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :lol: :lol:

Application type : Postal Application

Points claimed : 95 (75 + 20)

Application sent : Oct 8 (by next day delivery to Durham)
Application received: Oct 9

Payment type: Postal order (i paid 47 pounds extra for myself and 2 dependants)

Reference letter : received on 13 Oct letter was dated 9 Oct

Visa Received by Recorded delivery: 28 Oct

What got me worried thorughout the process was the fact that i used bank statement received via post and the recent one printed on plain paper and stamped and signed at the bank........Thank God for success 8)

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:34 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:www.spammer.com/uk-immigration-trackers

Its a user-run site giving people an idea about the timelines etc at any given point in time. However, it does not have any section on when the HO posts documents back to us.

Also I observe members do not fill in all the information in their cases so many times its tough to get the information you want from trackitt.
it ain't accurate but just gives you an idea

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:43 pm

Congrats busybee. Good move to go with postal order, I lost around a week in the payment process. Now enjoy your success:).

When was your current visa expiring? Did they issue you a visa from the date of application or from the date of your current visa expiry.

Have you participated in the poll http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46640. If not then please do and help us.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:54 pm

nice one busybee. got to tell you those recorded delivery and couriers can come anytime in a day until unless you have specified a pre-## time. :evil:

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:56 pm

~busybee~ wrote: What got me worried thorughout the process was the fact that i used bank statement received via post and the recent one printed on plain paper and stamped and signed at the bank........Thank God for success 8)
Congratulations Busybee...

You followed HO guidance abt if NOT original needs to be signed and stamped and you did it right...

Good on you..