ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Same-gender Partner (Dependant) of Tier 1 Migrant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jdzappy
Newly Registered

Same-gender Partner (Dependant) of Tier 1 Migrant

Post by jdzappy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:33 pm

I am a Tier 1 visa holder and will be moving to the UK shortly. My same-sex partner of 5 years (a full-time uni student here in Australia), plans to join me when he graduates in May 2010. By the time we file Form VAF10, we will have been in the UK for less than 6 months.

(1) Re: the 3-months bank statements, are these amounts correct? £1600 (for dependant) + £800 (for main applicant)

(2) Must the bank statements come from my UK account, or from our joint Australian account? Or does it matter? (We obviously do not yet have a joint UK account.)

(3) Must both the minimum amounts (£1600 and £800) be held for a full 3 months, or just the £1600 for the dependant?

Thanks for your help!

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Same-gender Partner (Dependant) of Tier 1 Migrant

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:33 pm

jdzappy wrote:I am a Tier 1 visa holder and will be moving to the UK shortly. My same-gender partner of 5 years (a full-time uni student here in Australia), plans to join me when he graduates in May 2010. By the time we file Form VAF10, we will have been in the UK for less than 6 months.

(1) Re: the 3-months bank statements, are these amounts correct? £1600 (for dependant) + £800 (for main applicant)

CORRECT

(2) Must the bank statements come from my UK account, or from our joint Australian account? Or does it matter? (We obviously do not yet have a joint UK account.)

The amounts can be any bank anywhere in the world but the main applicant shd be the full or joint account holder

(3) Must both the minimum amounts (£1600 and £800) be held for a full 3 months, or just the £1600 for the dependant?

Both the ammounts shld be held 1600+800 at the time of applying for dependent visa

read this on the HO Dependent Guidance Page 8 Paragraph 41

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... policy.pdf

41. For example, the Tier 1 migrant has been in the UK for 6 months and is making an application at the same time as his/her spouse and two children. He/she must show that he/she has £1600 for his spouse and a further £1600 for each child, in addition to £800 required for his/her own support. In total the family will require evidence that they hold £5600 in available funds (£1600 x 3 = £4800 + £800).

myegin11

Post by myegin11 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:40 pm

Guess again in your case, they will check every balance line shown on your bank statements to verify you have had enough amount of money for the entire period. If there are more than one accounts, they can sum up for each day. But if your balance dips down the threshold (1600+800) even for one day, they may refuse your application.
And be aware that the most recent bank statement can not be older than one month.