ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa query for UK born child

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sonubanna
Newly Registered

Post by sonubanna » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:01 pm

Hi,

I am currently on Tier-1 visa with transitional arrangements working in UK. My UK born child has been issued passport from Indian consulate here.

I need advise regarding visa stamping on her passport. As, I am visiting India soon, so planning to apply for her entry clearance from there.

Has anyone done that and if yes what all documents need to be produced?

Is it true that its easier to get visa from within UK rather than India.

Any suggestions/information/views are highly appreciated

Thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Visa query for UK born child

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:51 pm

sonubanna
Newly Registered

Post by sonubanna » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:11 pm

Many thanks Ramesh :)

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:54 am

sonubanna wrote:Hi,

I am currently on Tier-1 visa with transitional arrangements working in UK. My UK born child has been issued passport from Indian consulate here.

I need advise regarding visa stamping on her passport. As, I am visiting India soon, so planning to apply for her entry clearance from there.

Has anyone done that and if yes what all documents need to be produced?

Is it true that its easier to get visa from within UK rather than India.

Any suggestions/information/views are highly appreciated

Thanks
Our landlord daughter was also born in the UK long back. Some two years back only someone suggested her to apply for British Passport on the basis on her birth in the UK. She provide all evidence like Hospital entry and discharge summary, bills, and many more. Home office took 6+ months time but finally she got British Passport and bcoz of this her husband and son too got British passport.

Why don't you apply for the same and you may get this also. Then you will never need to apply for any Visa for UK.

Moreover, as India is now accepting dual citizenship, you all can keep your India passport too. So if you go to India, use Indian Passport, while coming back, use British Passport. :)

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:19 am

AkashS wrote: Moreover, as India is now accepting dual citizenship, you all can keep your India passport too. So if you go to India, use Indian Passport, while coming back, use British Passport. :)
You are wrong. India does not have duel citizenship. It only provides OCI/PIO for people of Indian origin to visit India. Once you accept any other nationality then you have to surrender Indian passport and cant use as you suggest.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:46 pm

HSMP2008_JANUARY wrote:
AkashS wrote: Moreover, as India is now accepting dual citizenship, you all can keep your India passport too. So if you go to India, use Indian Passport, while coming back, use British Passport. :)
You are wrong. India does not have duel citizenship. It only provides OCI/PIO for people of Indian origin to visit India. Once you accept any other nationality then you have to surrender Indian passport and cant use as you suggest.
I think they are accepting but not sure what exactly is that option. But as far as I know, they are going to accept the same in near future. But in sonu's case, he can apply for British Passport for his son and can apply for himself also once his son gets British Passport.

Any one will be more than happy to surrender Indian Passport once he/she gets British Passport :)

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:08 pm

There is no provision of Dual-Citizenship for Indians. Though Indian Embassy do provide OCI(which is not same as Dual-Citizenship).

Another thread which has discussed the same is below:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... hlight=oci
AkashS wrote:I think they are accepting but not sure what exactly is that option. But as far as I know, they are going to accept the same in near future. But in sonu's case, he can apply for British Passport for his son and can apply for himself also once his son gets British Passport.

Any one will be more than happy to surrender Indian Passport once he/she gets British Passport :)