ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 visa refusal on idiotic reason

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

0ak
Newly Registered

Tier 4 visa refusal on idiotic reason

Post by 0ak » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:50 am

Hi,
i applied for student visa on 7th july 09 and got its decision on 6th oct 09 . It was refusal. The ECO stated that," i am not satisfied if u meet maintence requirement. The document you provided in evidence i.e. bank statement shows a closing balance of 407000INR (£5119) while you need £7200 to cover your maintence." but it is a 6 month course hence i need £4800 only. What you people think i will get it in AR as i have gone for review on 21st oct?? And till what time do i need maintain this balance in my account?? Plz advice me...plzzzzzzzzzzz

chandana.k22
Newly Registered

Post by chandana.k22 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:01 am

as a general rule, i think it is mandatory to show a maintenance for 9 months. Cz in my case, i need a visa for three yrs, yet i have shown a maintenance of only nine months! So, it's a rule i suppose. Am sorry , but i don't know what the outcome of the AR might be. Good luck!

0ak
Newly Registered

Post by 0ak » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:41 am

Thanx fr ur rply,
bt it was a 6 month course only so accordingly i need 6*800=£4800. This is what rule states...

evabeva

Re: Tier 4 visa refusal on idiotic reason

Post by evabeva » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:29 am

0ak wrote:Hi,
i applied for student visa on 7th july 09 and got its decision on 6th oct 09 . It was refusal. The ECO stated that," i am not satisfied if u meet maintence requirement. The document you provided in evidence i.e. bank statement shows a closing balance of 407000INR (£5119) while you need £7200 to cover your maintence." but it is a 6 month course hence i need £4800 only. What you people think i will get it in AR as i have gone for review on 21st oct?? And till what time do i need maintain this balance in my account?? Plz advice me...plzzzzzzzzzzz
O my god, so they needed 3 fc..uking months to say that you miss a couple of thousand pounds for the application
Honestly this is ridiculous!

Don't you get it, they refuse you coz probably they don't want students anymore or they want you to take longer courses not just 6 mnths , as they might suspect that you will try to stay in UK after ur course. Obviously they won't say it....

I might be wrong but that's what I think.
none