ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC VAF1 - Doubts

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lbfrancois

EC VAF1 - Doubts

Post by lbfrancois » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:11 pm

Hi,

I have some doubts regarding the VAF1 form.. Hopefully someone out there can help me out...

1. SECTION 1 - WHAT TYPE OF VISA ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?
Just to confirm, for this one I should mark "Work Permit Holder" (I got confused on this one because it does not actually say HSMP anywhere in the form)

2. SECTION 2 - ABOUT YOU
Marital Status
I claimed points in HSMP for unmarried partner (and certainly I got it, because I claimed 65 points), but I see no option here for unmarried partner... My husband will be my dependent. Which option should I check here??

3. SECTION 4 - PREVIOUS APPLICATIONS AND TRAVEL
4.4 Have you ever been refused a visa for the UK?
My first HSMP application has been refused, I sent a fresh one with more evidence. Should I say YES or NO to this question???

5.1 How long do you intend to stay in the UK?
I suppose here we have to say "one year", right?

5.3 Why are you going to the UK?
What is the "right" answer for this question???

SECTION 7 - EMPLOYMENT IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
7.3 Are you applying to go to the UK as a work permit holder?
Just to confirm, should I say YES or NO to this question? If yes, where do I get the answer for the other questions? (7.4 Work permit number 7.5 Date of issue 7.6 Length of permit)

Thank you!
Lu.

lbfrancois

Marital Status

Post by lbfrancois » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:30 pm

I am REALLY worried about the "Marital Status" question...

Please, those who applied with unmarried partners as dependents HELP ME!!!

Lu.

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:47 pm

Hi,

I went to the embassy this morning to ask about unmarried dependent for HSMP (EC).

They told me that I should not check any boxes for "Marital Status" (just leave it blank). And my husband is supposed to write "HSMP - Dependent" in the "Other Specify" space in his form (leave blank Marital Status too).
I should explain that we have been living together for more than 2 years in the cover letter, and that he is going as my dependent. Also, provide evidence of that.

Just thought i would let you know, someone might have the same doubt in the future....

Lu.

rella

Re: EC VAF1 - Doubts

Post by rella » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:33 pm

Did you get your questions answered by the consulate? Just in case, I'll try to answer them. If you do the online application, it will lead you as you answer the questions.
lbfrancois wrote:Hi,

1. SECTION 1 - WHAT TYPE OF VISA ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?
Just to confirm, for this one I should mark "Work Permit Holder" (I got confused on this one because it does not actually say HSMP anywhere in the form)
It is not a work permit. It is permit-free employment. Check "other" if that option is on the application.
2. SECTION 2 - ABOUT YOU
Marital Status
I claimed points in HSMP for unmarried partner (and certainly I got it, because I claimed 65 points), but I see no option here for unmarried partner... My husband will be my dependent. Which option should I check here??
It sounds like you got that question answered.
3. SECTION 4 - PREVIOUS APPLICATIONS AND TRAVEL
4.4 Have you ever been refused a visa for the UK?
My first HSMP application has been refused, I sent a fresh one with more evidence. Should I say YES or NO to this question???
Answer NO. The HSMP is NOT a visa application. The EC application is the part of the process that is the visa.

5.1 How long do you intend to stay in the UK?
I suppose here we have to say "one year", right?
Right. Put one year.
5.3 Why are you going to the UK?
What is the "right" answer for this question???
Answer, "To live and work." I'm the dependent and on mine, I put, "To accompany my husband, an HSMP holder."
SECTION 7 - EMPLOYMENT IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
7.3 Are you applying to go to the UK as a work permit holder?
Just to confirm, should I say YES or NO to this question? If yes, where do I get the answer for the other questions? (7.4 Work permit number 7.5 Date of issue 7.6 Length of permit)
You are not coming as a work permit holder. So, the answer is "no."

I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Best of luck.

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:47 pm

Hi,

Thanks you very much for replying!

Just one more question, do the docs need to be translated to English for the EC too???

Best wishes,
Lu.

linux
Newly Registered

Post by linux » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:56 am

> Just one more question, do the docs need to be translated to English for the EC too???

Sure.

rella

Post by rella » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:50 pm

lbfrancois wrote:Hi,

Thanks you very much for replying!

Just one more question, do the docs need to be translated to English for the EC too???
Since you're planning on translating the docs before you get to the UK anyway, why not do it before EC? My approach is to err on the side of being over-prepared. And I've found that just because an employee at the HO or consulate tells you something, does not mean it's accurate info.

Better to have translations and not need them, than to need translations and not have them.

Anyway... my opinion...