ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notice Period intimation in Covering letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eskay_s

Notice Period intimation in Covering letter

Post by eskay_s » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:39 pm

Dear
tvn_ramesh,chetan,mventoo,push_hsmp and all,

Do I need to inform/mention in covering letter while applying my tier 1 application in India?

Scenario is:

If I resign/put the papers on 30-Oct-2009 and planning to apply for tier1 06-Nov-2009.Once I resign I need to serve 1month notice period to my company.

(I'll have the past 12 months payslips(including October 2009) with me and will apply for tier 1 on 6th nov.)

Do I need to mention about this about my resignation /serving notice period to my current company in the covering letter?

Please suggest.

Tx in Advance

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:47 pm

Hi Eskay,

There is absolutely no need to mention this in your covering letter.

The current state of your employment is not at all a factor affecting your eligibility to apply for an extension of your leave here.

As long as you are scoring enough points on the points calculator, and qualify for the English Language and Maintenance requirement, you should be fine.

In fact I would recommend NOT to put this in the cover letter, to make it as simple as possible.

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:14 pm

I agree wtih InUKonHSMP:

You dont need to tell or put anything about your resignation except for the Earnings details and contact info of the employer where required..

HO is not concerned if you are still working or not but willonly see if you have enough earnings points to qualify...

Goodluck

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Notice Period intimation in Covering letter

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:18 pm

eskay_s wrote:Dear
tvn_ramesh,chetan,mventoo,push_hsmp and all,

Do I need to inform/mention in covering letter while applying my tier 1 application in India?

Scenario is:

If I resign/put the papers on 30-Oct-2009 and planning to apply for tier1 06-Nov-2009.Once I resign I need to serve 1month notice period to my company.

(I'll have the past 12 months payslips(including October 2009) with me and will apply for tier 1 on 6th nov.)

Do I need to mention about this about my resignation /serving notice period to my current company in the covering letter?

Please suggest.

Tx in Advance
You don't need to mention that in your cover letter. Before leaving company, make sure to get all document (payslips -signed & stamped, employer letter etc) so that you don't need to go back to them.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Notice Period intimation in Covering letter

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:41 pm

chetanojha wrote: You don't need to mention that in your cover letter. Before leaving company, make sure to get all document (payslips -signed & stamped, employer letter etc) so that you don't need to go back to them.
I suggest you to maintain good relations even after your resignation. British Embassy/HO may contact your employer for verifications of payslips/letter. If possible, you can delay your resignation for a month or two, until the decision of Tier 1 application.