ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PROBLEM ARRANGING FOR ACCOMMODATION

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bako
Newly Registered

PROBLEM ARRANGING FOR ACCOMMODATION

Post by Bako » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:28 pm

I have problem arranging for accommodation. I want to arrange for a hostel accommodation for about two weeks to provide a base for me before i fInalise on permanent accommodation.

The Hoetel web site i visited accept payments only through credit card. I do not have any credit card but can pay through SWIFT FUNDS TRANSFER.

My family will be joining me two months after my arrival in the uk. Will the choice of accommodation on my initial arrival take into consideration the size of my family since they will be joining me only after two months within which i would have sorted out permanent accommodation issue?

My chioce of settlement location is London. Will this in any way affect my EC approval?

Please can any one offer suggestions?

Thanks

Bako

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:57 pm

Bako,
are you applying for the visa for ur self and your family at the same time?.
If you are, then convincing the ECO that only you will be staying at the hostel may be difficult though it shouldnt be.. they may not believe your claim that your family will not join you until you have secured appropriate accomodation

It a dicey situation.. why dont you apply for yourself alone at first since you dont have any one to stay with rather than loose this opportunity to a refusal.

but lets hear what others have to say first.
My bow has been renewed

Bako
Newly Registered

Post by Bako » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:06 pm

I am even hoping to ask for EC that will start counting from March 2006 while my dependants will join in May 2006 when my children will be on vacation. I have collected their school academic calender to support this.

However, i want to send the EC applications early in December.

Please your advise is required

Thanks

Bako

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:00 am

bako,
i honestly do not know about post dating EC especially in Lagos.
I am aware that Yinkuze got a post dated EC at Abuja..but i think that was for 2 months(not sure) maybe you can pm him.

Will you include this information in the application cover letter?

I still think u can apply alone ..and leave in january..by may you will be settled enough to apply for EC for your family and I dont think that will be any problem.
My bow has been renewed

Bako
Newly Registered

Post by Bako » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:33 am

Yodiyokun,

Thank you so much for your responses,

I don't have problems applying for my EC alone for now but even at that, i will still need to give in at least one month resignation notice to my present employer.

Well, depending on the time the EC approval will come out. Then i will put in notice for resignation. Meanwhile i will be going for the EC in December.

Thanks a lot.

Bako

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:47 am

Bako,

How much time it takes for the EC to come ?

regds,
sjgul.

Bako
Newly Registered

Post by Bako » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:24 am

sjgul,

It takes average of 14 working days here in Nigeria

Rgds

Bako

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:14 am

Bako, apply for EC for you and your family at the same time and state in your cover letter that you will be going ahead to get a job and an accommodation before you bring them in, do not set any time date for them joining you, in any case they can join you anytime during the first year. The Hostel accommodation will be ok, i did the same and i was given EC for me and my crowd, they joined me three months after.
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

buntosanya

Post by buntosanya » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:05 pm

Bako, I don't think there is any point getting things complicated, make your application as straight forward as possible. Applying for yourself and your family at the same time makes the requirement more stringent.

I quite agree with Yodi, apply for yourself alone first. When you get approval for yourself when you are there, there is 99% guarantee that your family can join you later rather get a refusal now base on inappropriate accommodation arrangement and get everything messed up.

Afterall it will cost you the same amount whether you apply for them now or later, since you are not planning to take them with you immediately. I will advise you strive for yourself and all other things shall be added unto you.

I want to add that if you are applyng for yourself and your wife alone, there is no much problem in that too, but when it comes to the issue of children, they become very sensitive. They tend to see it as a burden, which realistically it is if one is not yet settled.

I applied for myself and my husband alone. I made it clear in the interview when i was asked that the Children will be joining us much more later in the year and that my husband is not leaving until first quarter of next year, the ECO jokingly said to dispose all the disposables. Of course she was interested in who is to take care of d children when we are both away.

Her last words of advice to us is to provide evidence of adequate accommodation and evidence of funds when we are ready to relocate the kids.

My 2 cents is that you should apply for yourself alone and your family can apply later.
"Behold, i have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it."