ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

call in letter, after winning appeal

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

feel_love217

call in letter, after winning appeal

Post by feel_love217 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:29 pm

Hello everyone

Appeal won for maintenance fund on 22/may/09

Judge sent determination that appeal is allowed which was posted to my
house on 27/may/09

Since then no ‘call in latter’ or anything received.

Solicitor wrote to them twice but no reply.

Please share your experience and invaluable advice, if i can write a complaint letter.
If so then where I should be posting it to? Sometime I think it might have got lost in the post! I can’t even call anyone to find it, can i?

This is how they treat us, ridiculous!
Please reply, many thanks.
Regards

neighbourboy

Post by neighbourboy » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:59 am

Thats a looooooooooooong time, i bet it could royal mail who may have lost your mail as they are NOT signed for service. In my case it took 12 weeks for call in letter but yet no sign of passport even after 8 weeks.

What I can suggest you is call AIT or home office and tell them to resend you the letter, they maybe unware of your situation.

But yes you are right its legal jungle out there, if it doesnt help contact your local MP.

Best of luck.

Vitavi

Post by Vitavi » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:50 pm

I would recomend you to send the passport off to the AIU without the call-in letter requesting the urgent treatment. It is possible the call in letter had already been issued to you, but it could have been lost by the Royal Mail. Some people on this forum did it like that and got their passports back in 2-3 weeks time. You will need to send your passport in, 2 pictures, a copy of your determination and a cover letter requesting the urgent treatment. And don't forget to send by a special delivery. And i believe you should be fine.

My solicitor wrote a letter to the AIU and I received the call-in letter in 2.5 weeks after that. So, in total it took me 12 weeks to get the letter. I then posted my passport off, but 3 weeks have past and i still haven't received anything back from the AIU.

heman

Post by heman » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:33 pm

Send two letter with especial deliveryy tomorrow saying that you were waiting for the call in letter before it is too late.

Appeals Implementation Unit
UK Border Agency
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY

or

Appeal Implementation Unit
Waterside House
471 Kirkstall Road
Leeds. West Yorkshire. LS4 2QB

I got a response back within 5 days and guess what, they already sent me a letter last month!! But they sent me another letter because I guess Royal mail strike, So dont take it casually, contact them ASAP.

feel_love217

Post by feel_love217 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:40 pm

heman wrote:Send two letter with especial deliveryy tomorrow saying that you were waiting for the call in letter before it is too late.

Appeals Implementation Unit
UK Border Agency
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY

or

Appeal Implementation Unit
Waterside House
471 Kirkstall Road
Leeds. West Yorkshire. LS4 2QB

I got a response back within 5 days and guess what, they already sent me a letter last month!! But they sent me another letter because I guess Royal mail strike, So dont take it casually, contact them ASAP.
many thanks, i have sent in 2 letters! lets hope for best
Regards

bvc07znu
Newly Registered

Post by bvc07znu » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:24 pm

Please how did you argue your case. Mine was allowed but HO asked for reconsideration.

As usual Royal mail lost the letter informing of the reconsideration and I only just got a letter informing me that my court hearing is on monday, 9th nov. As I cannot afford a lawyer, I will need all the information I get so I present my case.

I look forward to hearing from you

feel_love217

Post by feel_love217 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:57 pm

bvc07znu wrote:Please how did you argue your case. Mine was allowed but HO asked for reconsideration.

As usual Royal mail lost the letter informing of the reconsideration and I only just got a letter informing me that my court hearing is on monday, 9th nov. As I cannot afford a lawyer, I will need all the information I get so I present my case.

i hired lawyer. my case was straight forward. i always had £800 in my bank account but i sent in branch printed bank statment which didnt had my name on it. i re-ordred new bank statment with my name on it and my appeal was allowed.

bvc07znu
Newly Registered

Post by bvc07znu » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:17 am

Thanks. the court hearing is on monday and i received the letter last weekend. i suppose it is too late to get a lawyer now

RD18
Newly Registered

Post by RD18 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:01 pm

Hi,

My appeal was approved and currently with AIU Leeds. Due to family death we need to travel asap and has sent a request letter for urgent consideration.

I'm waiting for the letter from AIU Leeds. I was suggested not to send the passport without the letter from AIU as it may get missplaced.

Please can someone suggest if it is safe to send passport with other require documents through special delivery.

Thanks Rohit

pomkon
Newly Registered

Post by pomkon » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:10 pm

May I ask how did you win your appeal?

I am in a similar situation and the deadline to appeal is 19 Nov.

pomkon
Newly Registered

Post by pomkon » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:12 pm

bvc07znu wrote:Please how did you argue your case. Mine was allowed but HO asked for reconsideration.

Reconsiderations??

I thought they are ruthless and have no mercy. Once the refusal is decided, it cant be changed. please advice.

heman

Post by heman » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:22 pm

I have sent my passport two weeks ago after getting the call in letter, but didnot get any acknowledgement letter, should i be worried????

stephen_raaz
Newly Registered

Post by stephen_raaz » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:02 pm

You dont need to worry. Normal process is form 3 to 7 weeks for Stamping visa in passport
heman wrote:I have sent my passport two weeks ago after getting the call in letter, but didnot get any acknowledgement letter, should i be worried????