ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Separate section for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

positivesolitude

Separate section for ILR

Post by positivesolitude » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:18 pm

Friends

Why cant we have separate sections for ILR and Naturalisation like Tier ,tier 2 etc so that topics need not be mixed up and may get better response from people.

Thank You

taliska

Post by taliska » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:41 pm

Naturalisation is the same as citizenship which can be found on the first forum page, the moderators recently created this but need to move topics such as Naturalisation timeline etc...related to citizenship.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:37 pm

Moderators would be delighted to receive PMs with suggestions about topics that need to be moved ... but please .... with links!

Moderators do not have time to wade through 100s of topics and deciding whether to move to the new British Citizenship section of this Board.
John

taliska

Post by taliska » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:09 pm

Ok John, I am now aware

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:18 am

I had made a request to locate the newly created 'British Citizenship' adjacent to this forum:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 785#303785

Given that ILR and naturalisation are closer in terms of timelines on the immigration journey, I feel it is more appropriate the two topics are kept next to each other. Hope admins take heed.
(Also, this can decrease the need to move incorrectly posted articles around.)

Thank you.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:35 am

I have this morning made significant alterations to the sections of the board.

Comments, both positive or negative, very welcome.
John

positivesolitude

Post by positivesolitude » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:58 pm

John

Its just that people who have queries related to ILR can post in ILR section if its separate and those related to Naturalisation in a separate section.

Moreoever ,people who have received their ILR can answer those questions in ILR section better and post their experiences as well.

Just to avoid clutter in both the sections.This separate sections looks good and quite clear as well.

Thanks for that.

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:26 am

John, thanks for making the changes. Things look a bit less cluttered now.

I do have one comment. Can I suggest you move General UK Immigration forum to the bottom of United Kingdom - non-Tier section. And put some wording to the effect "don't post job search, family related, ILR or British citizenship topics here!"

This way we can futher reduce the chances of someone posting to the incorrect forum.

Thank you for your consideration.