ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu office Asks for my PRTB ?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

b_aminefr
Newly Registered

Eu office Asks for my PRTB ?

Post by b_aminefr » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:03 pm

Hi everyone,
I got letter From EU office,it was not nice, they Ask me to provide PRTB in my name (I have provided one in my wife name).
I provided as well joint bank statement, they asked for mine :(.
the current Job contract of my wife finish on 4/11/2009, they ask to provide the next contract.
can anyone help me what to do plz, I don't know form where I can get this PRTB, the rent contract is not in my name.
thanks in advance,

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:26 pm

Is your wife planning to work longer?

Why did you provide your wife's contract, rather than just pay slips?

Do you have a bank account?

b_aminefr
Newly Registered

Post by b_aminefr » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:59 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Is your wife planning to work longer?

Why did you provide your wife's contract, rather than just pay slips?

Do you have a bank account?
Hi Directive,
Actually, her contract ends on November, After that the company is closed for winter (4months),so I don't know when she can find another job. if no Job she will back to this company but 4 months later :(
the office asks for contract.
I have joint bank account with my wife....

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:02 pm

This is complete madness.

If your wife is the tenant, then PRTB in her name should suffice. Your right is derived from your wife's. Just get the landlord to right a letter on your behalf confirming you are staying in the same household and you are lawfully resided there.

Draw the department's attention to the fact that the PRTB should be issued to the tenant by the landlord, and that due to the fact you landlord has got one for your wife, he is under no obligation to get you one, also the fact that you are dependant on your wife and derived rights from her, she is allowed to sublet the house to anyone, without the need for those other people having a new PRTB, besides you are the husband.

I think it was not sensible to send an almost ended contract to the department, you should have just sent payslips as Directive stated.

They are trying pull out any flaws in your application.

Draw to their attention that your wife would still be qualified as community worker under EU law after her contract finishes.Provided her depature was involuntary.

There is no requirements for a bank statement in your own name. Having a joint statement is perfectly fine. Tell them you don't have a separate account, and don't intend on having one. There is no requirement in Directive 2004 or the Regulation, that you have to have one soley in your name.

I think you will ultimately be fine.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:05 pm

[removed duplicate]
Last edited by Directive/2004/38/EC on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:06 pm

If you do not have a bank account, you can simply tell them that you do not have one. You do not require a bank account to apply for a Residence Card.

I would also resubmit your wife's PRTB and indicate that you are living with her and do not have your own.

That your wife's contract is terminating is more problematic. But she has a job now, so I would resubmit the application NOW with her pay slips (do not send the contract).

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:22 pm

[b]Directive 2004/38EC[/b] wrote:
Article 7
Right of residence for more than three months

3. For the purposes of paragraph 1(a), a Union citizen who is no longer a worker or self-employed
person shall retain the status of worker or self-employed person in the following circumstances:
(a) he/she is temporarily unable to work as the result of an illness or accident;
(b) he/she is in duly recorded involuntary unemployment after having been employed for more
than one year and has registered as a job-seeker with the relevant employment office;
(c) he/she is in duly recorded involuntary unemployment after completing a fixed-term
employment contract of less than a year or after having become involuntarily unemployed

during the first twelve months and has registered as a job-seeker with the relevant
employment office. In this case, the status of worker shall be retained for no less than six
months;
[b] European Regulation 2006[/b] wrote:
Residence in the State
6. (1) Subject to Regulation 20, a person to whom these Regulations apply may reside in the State for
up to 3 months on condition that he or she -
(a) (i) where the person is a Union citizen, holds a valid national identity card or passport,
(ii) where the person is not a Union citizen, holds a valid passport, and
(b) does not become an unreasonable burden on the social welfare system of the State.
(2) (a) Subject to Regulation 20, a Union citizen may reside in the State for a period longer than 3
months if he or she -
(i) is in employment or is self-employed in the State,
(ii) has sufficient resources to support himself or herself, his or her spouse and any
accompanying dependants, and has comprehensive sickness insurance in respect of
himself or herself, his or her spouse and any accompanying dependants,
(iii) is enrolled in an educational establishment in the State for the principal purpose of
following a course of study there, including a vocational training course, and has
comprehensive sickness insurance in respect of himself or herself, his or her
spouse and any accompanying dependants, or
(iv) subject to paragraph (3), is a family member accompanying or joining a Union citizen
who satisfies one or more of the conditions referred to in clause (i), (ii) or (iii).
(b) Subject to paragraph (3), a family member of a Union citizen who is not a national of a
Member State shall be entitled to reside in the State for more than 3 months where the
Minister is satisfied that the Union citizen concerned satisfies one or more of the conditions
referred to in subparagraph (a)(i), (ii) or (iii).
(c) Subject to Regulation 20, a person to whom subparagraph (a)(i) applies may remain in the
State on cessation of the activity referred to in that subparagraph if -
(i) he or she is temporarily unable to work as the result of an illness or accident,
(ii) he or she is in duly recorded involuntary unemployment after having been employed
for more than one year and has registered as a job-seeker with a relevant office of
the Department of Social and Family Affairs and FÃ
Last edited by Obie on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

b_aminefr
Newly Registered

Post by b_aminefr » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:22 pm

Obie wrote:This is complete madness.

If your wife is the tenant, then PRTB in her name should suffice. Your right is derived from your wife's. Just get the landlord to right a letter on your behalf confirming you are staying in the same household and you are lawfully resided there.

Draw the department's attention to the fact that the PRTB should be issued to the tenant by the landlord, and that due to the fact you landlord has got one for your wife, he is under no obligation to get you one, also the fact that you are dependant on your wife and derived rights from her, she is allowed to sublet the house to anyone, without the need for those other people having a new PRTB, besides you are the husband.

I think it was not sensible to send an almost ended contract to the department, you should have just sent payslips as Directive stated.

They are trying pull out any flaws in your application.

Draw to their attention that your wife would still be qualified as community worker under EU law after her contract finishes.Provided her depature was involuntary.

There is no requirements for a bank statement in your own name. Having a joint statement is perfectly fine. Tell them you don't have a separate account, and don't intend on having one. There is no requirement in Directive 2004 or the Regulation, that you have to have one soley in your name.

I think you will ultimately be fine.
Hi Obie, thanks for your answer,
about PRTB, I've sent them PRTB letter in my wife's name, and the contract was sent in the begining of July, the application was delayed becos of apositlle of Cert. of Marriage. Now I don't know what to do, I'm still looking for a job as well

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:20 am

For all six EU1 applications I have submitted to the DoJ on behalf of my family members, I have submitted not once a PRTB letter. Totally unnecessary.

The DoJ is entitled to require proof of residence in the State. How this is proved, is up to the applicant.

Gas bill, electricity bill, phone bill, bank statement, credit card statement, internet bill, TV licence bill....(and more). Pick one.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

b_aminefr
Newly Registered

Post by b_aminefr » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:00 pm

benifa wrote:For all six EU1 applications I have submitted to the DoJ on behalf of my family members, I have submitted not once a PRTB letter. Totally unnecessary.

The DoJ is entitled to require proof of residence in the State. How this is proved, is up to the applicant.

Gas bill, electricity bill, phone bill, bank statement, credit card statement, internet bill, TV licence bill....(and more). Pick one.
Hi Benifa,
thanks for your answer,
I've sent gas bill with both my name and my wife's name,her PRTB letter,I don't know why they are asking me again about PRTB letter in my name!!!!
And about employment contract :
her current contract is almost finished, they asked me about next month so I don't know what to send, if no job so what ?
they said 9th December is last day to make decision,

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:14 pm

b_aminefr wrote:I've sent gas bill with both my name and my wife's name,her PRTB letter,I don't know why they are asking me again about PRTB letter in my name!!!!
And about employment contract :
her current contract is almost finished, they asked me about next month so I don't know what to send, if no job so what ?
they said 9th December is last day to make decision,
You need to reread Obie's answer above.

You should write a letter which quotes Directive 2004/38/EC and tells them that the contract extension is not needed.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:20 pm

b_aminefr wrote:I've sent gas bill with both my name and my wife's name,her PRTB letter
That's perfectly adequate to confirm that you are both resident in the State.

b_aminefr wrote:I don't know why they are asking me again about PRTB letter in my name!!!!
You can safely ignore that request.

b_aminefr
Newly Registered

Post by b_aminefr » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:19 pm

benifa wrote:
b_aminefr wrote:I've sent gas bill with both my name and my wife's name,her PRTB letter
That's perfectly adequate to confirm that you are both resident in the State.

b_aminefr wrote:I don't know why they are asking me again about PRTB letter in my name!!!!
You can safely ignore that request.
Ok this I understood,
what about job ?
Her contract is almost finish, what I can send as answer of their request about job update ?
thanx again

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:28 pm

b_aminefr wrote:Ok this I understood,
what about job ?
Her contract is almost finish, what I can send as answer of their request about job update ?
thanx again
As per Directive's and Obie's posts.

b_aminefr
Newly Registered

Post by b_aminefr » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:34 pm

benifa wrote:
b_aminefr wrote:Ok this I understood,
what about job ?
thanx again
As per Directive's and Obie's posts.
how can I prove that she is jobseeker ?
can she get a letter/acknowledgment that she is jobseeker ?if yes from where ?
thanx.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:41 pm

As per Obie's post:

[quote=" European Regulation 2006"](ii) he or she is in duly recorded involuntary unemployment after having been employed
for more than one year and has registered as a job-seeker with a relevant office of
the Department of Social and Family Affairs and FÃ

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:17 pm

Application approved.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:24 pm

b_aminefr,

What did you end up sending them? Did you send a cover letter, and if so what did it say?

b_aminefr
Newly Registered

Post by b_aminefr » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:55 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:b_aminefr,

What did you end up sending them? Did you send a cover letter, and if so what did it say?
Hi directive,
no I sent only mail :
that PRTB was sent in my wife name
bank statment was sent with our names (joint account)
my wife employment : the contract is still valid : we dont know about what will be in november ?