ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2010 - 11 UK Applicants Timelines

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Radtw78
Newly Registered

Post by Radtw78 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:02 pm

Application Sent: 8 Oct, 11pm, Royal Mail Sepcial Delivery Next Day 1pm, courier address.
Received by Home Office: 9 Oct, before 11am.
Credit card charged: 9 Oct, before 11am (practically their first thing after opening my envelope was to charge O_O )

Reference letter received: 14 Oct, 2nd class mail. just a laser printout on plain A4 paper.

(Prepaid Royal Mail Special Next Day 1pm envelope provided)

Case approved: 27 Oct
Prepaid envelope tracking number activated: 29 Oct, 10pm.
Returned package received: 30 Oct, 10am.

HSMP entry clearance valid from 12 Nov 2007 until 12 Nov 2009
Tier1 issued on 27 Oct 2009, valid from 12 Nov 2009 until 12 Nov 2012

Very strange thing is, my case was approved on 27 Oct, but tracking number only became valid at 10pm 29 Oct.
Why did they hold my passport for two more days after approval instead of sending to post immediately?
I have been worrying since I saw people who applied later than me already got passport back, while my tracking number were not even activated. Thought something went wrong.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:09 pm

Radtw78 wrote:Application Sent: 8 Oct, 11pm, Royal Mail Sepcial Delivery Next Day 1pm, courier address.
Received by Home Office: 9 Oct, before 11am.
Credit card charged: 9 Oct, before 11am (practically their first thing after opening my envelope was to charge O_O )

Reference letter received: 14 Oct, 2nd class mail. just a laser printout on plain A4 paper.

(Prepaid Royal Mail Special Next Day 1pm envelope provided)

Case approved: 27 Oct
Prepaid envelope tracking number activated: 29 Oct, 10pm.
Returned package received: 30 Oct, 10am.

HSMP entry clearance valid from 12 Nov 2007 until 12 Nov 2009
Tier1 issued on 27 Oct 2009, valid from 12 Nov 2009 until 12 Nov 2012

Very strange thing is, my case was approved on 27 Oct, but tracking number only became valid at 10pm 29 Oct.
Why did they hold my passport for two more days after approval instead of sending to post immediately?
I have been worrying since I saw people who applied later than me already got passport back, while my tracking number were not even activated. Thought something went wrong.
Congratulations mate... good stuff

regarding activation of ur tracking no.. somebody inthe forum mentioned that HO sends the Documents only 2days in the week Tuesday and Thursday???(Pls NOTE: its NOT Confirmed INfo) i think that is the reason..

All is good when it end good.. Enjoy the moment
Last edited by tvn_ramesh on Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:18 pm

no post for me, argggggggggggghhhhhhh :x :x :x :x :x :x

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:35 pm

Congrats Radtw78!!!

ID: No post for me either. :(

Since I work close to office, just went home to check. The irony is there was a missed delivery card for a recorded delivery but it was for one of the earlier occupents of our house.

Too cruel to see an we-missed-you card and to find its not meant for me :(.

Now if what you said about HO posting only on Tuesday and Thursday is correct, we will only get something on Wednesday! :oops:
Challenges make life worth it!

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:42 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Congrats Radtw78!!!

ID: No post for me either. :(

Since I work close to office, just went home to check. The irony is there was a missed delivery card for a recorded delivery but it was for one of the earlier occupents of our house.

Too cruel to see an we-missed-you card and to find its not meant for me :(.

Now if what you said about HO posting only on Tuesday and Thursday is correct, we will only get something on Wednesday! :oops:
I think I know where I cocked it up. When I went to post my documents, I included the return envelope but if i remember she gave me some stamps to put on the return envelope and no recorded or special delivery tag so I take it, mine is just an ordinary recorded return post hence why it is taking years.

i live near office so been going to home regularly for last 3 weeks but no luck.
my visa runs out on 5th Nov 09. hopefully, I get them before that :roll:

or they might arrive tomorrow but royal mail is on fecking strike :x :x :x :x

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:47 pm

Well I included a proper royal mail special delivery envelope which they provide you at the post office for special delivery, and put the stamps on it with all the relevant addresses as well.

Now I would have been confused if the we-missed-you card had only my address on there. But the fact that it had the previous occupants last name makes me think it was meant for them and has nothing to do with my expected documents from the HO.

Also in the person's ID for collection field, there was some weird ID number which I have no idea about.

Hence I assumed this was not from the HO :). I hope I am right!

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:55 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Well I included a proper royal mail special delivery envelope which they provide you at the post office for special delivery, and put the stamps on it with all the relevant addresses as well.

Now I would have been confused if the we-missed-you card had only my address on there. But the fact that it had the previous occupants last name makes me think it was meant for them and has nothing to do with my expected documents from the HO.

Also in the person's ID for collection field, there was some weird ID number which I have no idea about.

Hence I assumed this was not from the HO :). I hope I am right!
since moving into my first house last november, i still get loads of mail for old occupants, everyday I go home, its full of crap post for her. she hasn't bothered changing her address as some of the docs are very important and i keep sending them back to the poster.

fingers crossed mate, lets hope for the best :wink:

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:57 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote: Now if what you said about HO posting only on Tuesday and Thursday is correct, we will only get something on Wednesday!
Who said that ? I think, this is typical example of rumours being spread.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:02 pm

gotcha wrote:
InUkOnHsmp wrote: Now if what you said about HO posting only on Tuesday and Thursday is correct, we will only get something on Wednesday!
Boss... no Offence or defence

this is where i read abt it.. so just shared the same..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46634

where is time for rumours yaar.. sorry if the info is not true...

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:04 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
gotcha wrote:

where is time for rumour yaar..
thats what I was told about, i don't believe it either.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:07 pm

Edited..

ID:

i agree... i mean we are just sharing watever info we get.. though we also need to check it..

no offence please..
Last edited by tvn_ramesh on Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:07 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
gotcha wrote:

It does not confirm that it's true. But coming from a seasoned member, new person will definitely feel , that's the case.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:10 pm

gotcha wrote: It does not confirm that it's true. But coming from a seasoned member, new person will definitely feel , that's the case.
Gotcha..

Point taken.. respect your views.. let me edit my post till it is confirmed..

THanks mate..

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:10 pm

gotcha wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:
gotcha wrote:

It does not confirm that it's true. But coming from a seasoned member, new person will definitely feel , that's the case.
This rumour has quite high chances to be true. This is from the latest approval from trackitt website

"Prepaid Royal Mail special delivery 1pm envelope provided. Tracking number activated on 10pm 29 Oct, actually received on 30 Oct. Very strange that it was approved on 27 Oct, but was not sent to Royal Mail until 29 Oct"

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:20 pm

imran22 wrote:
gotcha wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:
gotcha wrote:

This rumour has quite high chances to be true. This is from the latest approval from trackitt website

"Prepaid Royal Mail special delivery 1pm envelope provided. Tracking number activated on 10pm 29 Oct, actually received on 30 Oct. Very strange that it was approved on 27 Oct, but was not sent to Royal Mail until 29 Oct"
i understand some cases may take longer to be considered than others but my case was a straight forward and it has already taken 24 days or no update as yet and some peeps who sent docs after me have got approval.

only thing I can think of is this royal mail chicken up and delays on their behalf as I believe my return envelope is just a normal recorded one, my mistake though but I wanna scream extremely p'eed off at the moment.

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:21 pm

hi,

I dnt knw y did u put stamps for special delivery envelope. There is no need of any stamps. if it a 1st class mail then its required

If m nt wrong.

wasa
Newly Registered

Post by wasa » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:23 pm

Duvvuri wrote:hi,

I dnt knw y did u put stamps for special delivery envelope. There is no need of any stamps. if it a 1st class mail then its required

If m nt wrong.

Hi Guys,

Yes, there may be only few days in the week they post the docs back as there are no approvals after 27th Oct yet on Trackit, This is very strange situation.

I gave phone call to HO yesterday and asked about postal strike and they said their deliveries will not effect as they send those only through special or recorded deliveries, so that mean they haven’t sent any batch after 27th Oct approvals set unless some guys using their own courier pickup..., may be some of us get something on Saturday, let’s hope.
Good Luck to all of us.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:25 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:Edited..

ID:

i agree... i mean we are just sharing watever info we get.. though we also need to check it..

no offence please..
no offence taken Ramesh

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:35 pm

Wow, my statement has started quite a flame war:)!!

Well we do have a poll going to find out on which weekday the HO sent the docs for people who have already got their approvals. However only 2 people out of the whole wide forum have voted till this point, which is ridiculous!

Duvvuri: I went to the post office and they told me to affix the corresponding stamps for however much I think a special delivery will cost the sender on to the self-addressed return special delivery envelope. Till the parcel is posted there is no way to pay for it and hence you need stamps.

Well maybe I was misinformed at the post office, I would like other members to comment on this.

Regards

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:41 pm

Radtw78

Congratulations for getting ur visa. I read in the forum one of ur questions regarding bank statmenet.

Can you please tell did u send online bank statements with bank stamp or original statements issued by bank to ur home address.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:43 pm

Duvvuri: I went to the post office and they told me to affix the corresponding stamps for however much I think a special delivery will cost the sender on to the self-addressed return special delivery envelope. Till the parcel is posted there is no way to pay for it and hence you need stamps.
Can other people who have sent self-addressed special delivery envelopes help me with this one?

How can post office people give me wrong information? I hope this wont affect the delivery of my docs!! :roll:

Radtw78
Newly Registered

Post by Radtw78 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:57 pm

Duvvuri wrote:Radtw78

Congratulations for getting ur visa. I read in the forum one of ur questions regarding bank statmenet.

Can you please tell did u send online bank statements with bank stamp or original statements issued by bank to ur home address.
Hi I didn't dare to take the chance, decided to wait for official statements posted to my home address.

When I applied for HSMP back in 2007, the first time I got only 1 year visa, which was already wrong becasue HSMP entry clearance was supposed to be 2 year. I sent passport back to EC officer and got it changed to 2 years. but since then, I got an impression that UK immigration officers often make mistakes, so I want to avoid any possibilities for them to make mistakes.

sm07
Newly Registered

Post by sm07 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:19 am

Hi All,

Documents sent 08th october ' 09
Payment dedudcted 09th october Lloyds TSB debit card
Reference letter received 11th october 09
case approved 28th october
received documents 31st october 09 at 10.00am
extension granted till 28th Nov 2012 which is from the date of my current expiry.
I haven't included any special delivery.

Regards

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:53 am

InUkOnHsmp,

U have already paid for special delivery then y will HO have to pay anythng to send ur documents.

As far as i know if u have put stamps then it wud b a 1st class post or something else.

Just go and find out in the post office from where u sent, and do u have the tracking no. for return documents if so then keep checking in royal mail site.

thanks

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:15 am

Hi All,

I got my visa on 29th Oct below are the TIMELINES..

Date Applied/Docs sent: 8th Oct-2009
Date Docs reached HO:9th Oct
Date Payment Deducted: 12th Oct
Document receiving confirmation letter from HO : 13th oct
Current Status: Approved
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: 29th Oct
Result & VISA stamped: Approved
Current FLR Status: WP to Tier1 (G)

Hope this help all

Thanks to every one who helped me till now