ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

willsk22

passport timings !!

Post by willsk22 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:34 pm

Still on subject (i hope ! )

citizenship ceremony done yesterday for wife.

However:

She travels out of UK 11th-22nd Nov so not enough time to apply for passport then but we leave on holiday on 18th Dec..

So

is there enough time to apply in between 22nd Nov and 18th Dec ? We live right by the Passport place in Victoria, C London and they said we can pop the app. in to them when we are ready, it is all prepared, BUT you have to give the travel Doc that was used to enter (in her case Russian National Passport) which contains ILR just after opinions really, as know the fact of up to 6 weeks incl. interview ?

1. Apply on return from business trip ie 23rd Nov and hope
2. Collect new Russian passport (that is ready at Russian Embassy but will not contain ILR) and travel on that, but run the gauntlet of customs on returning to UK at christmas on holiday
3. wait til Jan when we have clear time to process :(

thanks in advance, good luck to all !!

willsk22

as above !!

Post by willsk22 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:25 pm

sorry- just looking back over some posts .... after you apply for passport (whether check and send or postal) am i correct to say that you recieve your supporting documents back quite quickly ???? as in Naturalisation certificate and travel document ( original national passport in our case)

thanks in advance !!

Will

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:36 pm

Update

I was thinking not to call HO today but i was so frustrated, so i called HO today at 7:30 pm but same as usual NO JOY, the lady who answered the phone told me that my case is still there and case worker is waiting for some enquiries response. So that make me clear that at least next 2 weeks i am not getting anything. Hope so other members who are waiting for thier replies will get thier result next week.

bechir

Post by bechir » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:19 am

racingfire dont worry it just the person dealing with your case is slow, but is going to come today or tommorow the more you think about it the more you get worried iam sure if you wait till next friday and then call ho and hopefully should be good news. either decision made or letter sent. mywishes to u and all .

in my case i going for cermony monday but not too sure if i gamble and submit passport monday and hopefully get either my current passport or both back by 24 nov. as i booked to go away 25th nov. or simply wait till iget back the 9th dec and applay then.

racingfire wrote:Update

I was thinking not to call HO today but i was so frustrated, so i called HO today at 7:30 pm but same as usual NO JOY, the lady who answered the phone told me that my case is still there and case worker is waiting for some enquiries response. So that make me clear that at least next 2 weeks i am not getting anything. Hope so other members who are waiting for thier replies will get thier result next week.

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:59 am

Thanks Bechir, i hope so that i will get some result till next week, but you can understand the frustration.

I think if you will apply your passport on 2nd nov,there will be 95% chances that you will get your passport before 24 nov, because i have realized from previous timelines on this forum, the maximum it takes 20 or 22 days, so hope so you will be safe,

bechir wrote:racingfire dont worry it just the person dealing with your case is slow, but is going to come today or tommorow the more you think about it the more you get worried iam sure if you wait till next friday and then call ho and hopefully should be good news. either decision made or letter sent. mywishes to u and all .

in my case i going for cermony monday but not too sure if i gamble and submit passport monday and hopefully get either my current passport or both back by 24 nov. as i booked to go away 25th nov. or simply wait till iget back the 9th dec and applay then.

newuser11
Newly Registered

Post by newuser11 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:01 am

What's the number of HO? I sent the application on 11/10/09

incognito
Newly Registered

Post by incognito » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:30 am

08450105200. It should be on your acknowledgement letter.

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:00 pm

Congratulations to all those who have recently received their approvals/ British passports.

I have a couple of questions for you guys-

1) How was the naturalization approval letter sent to you (Royal Mail 1st or 2nd class or was it by courier)
2) Approximately how many days after the approval being granted did you receive the letter?

3) I know the UKBA website clearly specifies that you have 90 days to attend a ceremony. Is this 90 days from when they granted you approval/ or is it 90 days from when the letter was sent to you/ or is it 90 days from when the local council receives your certificate???

Would appreciate any insight on this.

Cheers

Sidster007

alina76

Post by alina76 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:27 pm

Hi racingfire,

Dont be dishearted. I remember when I called HO on 6th of August, I spoke to a very helpful (thats what I thought that time) lady who told me that decision has not been made on my application and no letter has been sent to me. I was thinking on the same lines as you that I wont be getting my approval for the next 2 weeks now, to my surprise I got my approval letter on the very next day only. and the letter was dated 4th of august.

This HELPFUL advisor knew my status that I have been approved for naturalisation still she chose not to tell me... so in nut shell dont trust them for everything they say.

incognito
Newly Registered

Post by incognito » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:39 pm

Hi Alina

was your approval letter sent via 1st or 2nd class post

alina76

Post by alina76 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:00 pm

incognito wrote:Hi Alina

was your approval letter sent via 1st or 2nd class post
2nd class. it will always be through 2nd class post.

incognito
Newly Registered

Post by incognito » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:13 pm

Thanks for the reply Alina. I wonder why they send it via 2nd class after paying all that money

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:15 pm

Hi Alina76,

Thanks a lot for your support, i wish that same will happen to me and i will receive my reply very soon. But these bloody strikes making us more frustrated.

Can you please tell me in detail that what she mentioned you about your application, did she tell you any status? i mean that some final checks left etc etc....? , because she mention to me that case worker is still waiting for some enquiries response.

alina76 wrote:

Hi racingfire,

Dont be dishearted. I remember when I called HO on 6th of August, I spoke to a very helpful (thats what I thought that time) lady who told me that decision has not been made on my application and no letter has been sent to me. I was thinking on the same lines as you that I wont be getting my approval for the next 2 weeks now, to my surprise I got my approval letter on the very next day only. and the letter was dated 4th of august.

This HELPFUL advisor knew my status that I have been approved for naturalisation still she chose not to tell me... so in nut shell dont trust them for everything they say.

alina76

Post by alina76 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:40 pm

[quote="racingfire"]Hi Alina76,

Thanks a lot for your support, i wish that same will happen to me and i will receive my reply very soon. But these bloody strikes making us more frustrated.

Can you please tell me in detail that what she mentioned you about your application, did she tell you any status? i mean that some final checks left etc etc....? , because she mention to me that case worker is still waiting for some enquiries response.

She didn't mention anything about final checks, all she said was that application is still underconcideration and decision has not been made yet(which was completely wrong). I specifically asked about any letter which has been sent to me, the answer was no.
I think they are not allowed to tell the decision (+ve or -ve)over the phone which is why she didn't tell anything to me.
another thing what I have noticed that I got my decision letter fairly quick (decision was made on 4th and i had my letter with me on 7th.)but then I had to wait for my invitation letter for a week. Without invitation letter council was not willing to book ceremony for us. invitation letter took 8 days to reach me.
Be patient. You are nearly there. Good Luck.

willsk22

passport after application?

Post by willsk22 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:01 pm

further to earlier posts, those who sent passport app + certificate + original passport.. Did you get documents back soon? Like after a week or so, ie prior to passport interview? Cheers!

alina76

Re: passport after application?

Post by alina76 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:09 pm

willsk22 wrote:further to earlier posts, those who sent passport app + certificate + original passport.. Did you get documents back soon? Like after a week or so, ie prior to passport interview? Cheers!
we got our supporting documents back in 9 days. That was end of August. not sure about the current practice.

VA88
Newly Registered

Post by VA88 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:24 pm

NCS or Postal : NCS
If NCS, which centre : POOLE
Date of submission or posting : 28/09/09
CRITERIA - 6 yr stay
Date of debit of debit/credit card : DEBIT 02/10/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 08/10/09 (DATED 02/10/09)
Date of receipt of approval : 21/10/09 (DATED 13/10/09)
Date of Ceremony : 18/11/09
Date of appln. for passport :
Method used :
Date of Receipt :

Please can anybody let me know if I have to apply for the Passport on the same day as my Ceremony what should I do? Thank you very much.

indianadr
United Kingdom

Re: Naturlisation waiting time

Post by indianadr » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:58 pm

indianadr wrote: Update

NCS or Postal: NCS
If NCS, which: Cheshire East
Date of submission of application: 09/09/2009
Date application received by H/O: 10/09/2009
CRITERIA: 4 Years HSMP + 1 year ILR( Adult + 2 children)
Date of Cerdit card: 14/09/2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 17/09/2009 (dated. 14/09/2009)
Date of receipt of Approval: 28/09/2009 (dated. 23/09/2009)
Date of citizenship ceremony: 14/10/2009 (scheduled)
Date of appln. for passport : Waiting
Method used : Waiting
Interview Letter date: Waiting
Interview Date: Waiting
Passport Received Date: Waiting

Thanks
Mallik
Further Update

If NCS, which: Cheshire East
Date of submission of application: 09/09/2009
Date application received by H/O: 10/09/2009
CRITERIA: 4 Years HSMP + 1 year ILR( Adult + 2 children)
Date of Cerdit card: 14/09/2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 17/09/2009 (dated. 14/09/2009)
Date of receipt of Approval: 28/09/2009 (dated. 23/09/2009)
Date of citizenship ceremony: 14/10/2009
Date of appln. for passport : 20/10/2009 (Adult + 2 children)
Method used : Check and Send
Date Documents Recd.: 26/10/2009 (Mine)
Interview Letter date: 29/10/2009
Interview Date: 30/10/2009
Passport Received Date: Waiting

Children recevied their British passports and original documents on 28/10/2009

Now need to start the whole process for my wife.

Thanks
Mallik

sidster007

Update

Post by sidster007 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:36 am

Folks...I finally have some good news to share with you...my application was approved !!! :-))))))...I'm soooooooo very happy. God bless the queen and the HO.

I have to say that the people I've been speaking to at the home office have been absolute gems and extremely helpful.

Called up the HO late yesterday evening to ask if the "decision letter" had been mailed to me (they told me on Tuesday that a decision had been made but for data protection reasons they couldn't disclose the contents on the phone). The woman at the other end of the line yesterday was very nice and said that she had good news for me and that my application had been approved and the letter(s) sent to me by secure mail yesterday. She even tried to find a tracking reference for me to call up the courier company.

I'll wait for my letter now and then arrange a private ceremony ASAP so that I can get my passport well before christmas.

A couple of questions from my side-

1) I know people on this forum have been posting passport application timelines in addition to naturalization applications but on average how long would you say it takes to apply and get the British passport??

2) is there a separate thread that tracks only passport application timelines?

I also want to thank everyone on this forum for their support, encouragement and advice...and to all those who are still waiting...hang in there buddies you will get the approval soon. I will ofcourse still be posting on this forum and am happy to answer any questions people have.

Cheers

Sidster007

If NCS, which: Westminster, London
Date of submission of application: October 8, 2009
Date application received by H/O: October 9, 2009
CRITERIA: 6 yr stay (5 yr work permit and HSMP + 1 yr ILR )
Date of Payment : October 14, 2009 (although my credit card account wasn't debited until October 17th)
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: October 17, 2009 (letter dated 14th October)
Date of Approval: 27th October (according to HO the approval and invitation letter was sent to me by secure mail yesterday , 30th October and so should be with me soon)
Date of citizenship ceremony: Pending
Date of Passport application: Pending
Date of Passport interview: Pending
Date of return of application documents: Pending
Date of receipt of passport: Pending

incognito
Newly Registered

Post by incognito » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:14 pm

Thats really good to know Sid. I guess its about time i called them to check out on mine. WHats the best time to call.

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:25 pm

I would call them late on a Friday evening as they would be in a good mood a that time or alternatively late evenings on other weekdays.

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:28 pm

Congrats........ :D Sid, its such a good news, i hope now you will be feeling more relax. Can you please confirm that your approval letter is coming by courier company or by royal mail.?

For passport applications i have check the average time on this forum, which is maximum 22 days and in average most of them come in 15 to 20 days. So i hope so you will be safe and will get your passport before christmas.

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:41 pm

Thanks very much Racingfire...the letter is being delivered through Secure Mail service which is a private courier company.
Cheers

bechir

Post by bechir » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:09 pm

Congrats sid that exellent news :):) regarding passport i did my own checks and i can confirm the speed if you registred to vote and have credit history basicaly will be speedy passport if not will take longer and ips will ask for further ducaments to confirm your id. hopefully racingfire and all others is comming with good news this week .
sidster007 wrote:Thanks very much Racingfire...the letter is being delivered through Secure Mail service which is a private courier company.
Cheers

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Re: Update

Post by keshgrover » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:43 pm

Sid, Congratulations mate. Well done. I am really happy for you. For passport application, it actully varies from case to case. However, if you are registered on electoral roll and all your bank documents do come to you on the same address which you are going to declare on passport application then it should not take longer. There is another tip : If IPS gives you a longer date for interview you can ask them to transfer your case to another office which may have early dates. Just ring them as soon as they recieve your application. Another tip : get your form filled now and get refference ready. And the day you will have your Citizenship ceremony just enter the certificate number on and post it by check and send. Alternatively you can hand in your application at Elephant and Castle office personaly. That will save you time for the post. :wink:

It will save you a lot time. Hope it helps. If you may have any query do not hesitate to contact me.
KESH