ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement deposit does not match the pay slips

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kewlclassic

Bank statement deposit does not match the pay slips

Post by kewlclassic » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:47 pm

Gurus/pandits/gems:

I need some advice on my Tier 1 application.
I have encountered problem. Four months of my pay stubs does not match the bank statements deposits. I use to get a seperate per check every month and i use to deposit that along with regular pay check as total. I am missing those expenses check. So i don't have any proof to show the amount deposited in bank and the pay stub which I have for those 4 months. But apart from that, all the other remaining months are matching the bank statements.

How should I overcome this?

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Bank statement deposit does not match the pay slips

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:56 pm

You do not need to show payslips if they do not correlate with the second evidence, the bank statements.

If you have a company, you can get a letter from your accountant, mentioning details of each deposit, same with your bank statements.

If you are employee, you can get a letter from your employer/boss/company on their official letter head, stating the net and gross income you have claimed, matching exactly to the bank statements.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 310309.pdf see sections iii) and vi) on pages 25 and 26 of 44.

Hope that helps.

kewlclassic wrote:Gurus/pandits/gems:

I have encountered problem. Four months of my pay stubs does not match the bank statements deposits. I use to get a seperate per check every month and i use to deposit that along with regular pay check as total. I am missing those expenses check. So i don't have any proof to show the amount deposited in bank and the pay stub which I have for those 4 months. But apart from that, all the other remaining months are matching the bank statements.

kewlclassic

Post by kewlclassic » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:21 pm

Thanks a bunch mvent.

I have a question from section vi) of page 25 in the doc link which you sent me. It is asking to submit the tax returns as well.

So in general i have to submit following docs for claiming my earnings:

1. Bank statements
2. A letter from the employer stating the net and gross income I have claimed, matching exactly to the bank statements
3. Tax return which is W2 here in US.

Am I right?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Kewl
mvent00 wrote:You do not need to show payslips if they do not correlate with the second evidence, the bank statements.

If you have a company, you can get a letter from your accountant, mentioning details of each deposit, same with your bank statements.

If you are employee, you can get a letter from your employer/boss/company on their official letter head, stating the net and gross income you have claimed, matching exactly to the bank statements.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 310309.pdf see sections iii) and vi) on pages 25 and 26 of 44.

Hope that helps.

kewlclassic wrote:Gurus/pandits/gems:

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:41 am

kewlclassic wrote:Thanks a bunch mvent.

I have a question from section vi) of page 25 in the doc link which you sent me. It is asking to submit the tax returns as well.

So in general i have to submit following docs for claiming my earnings:

1. Bank statements
2. A letter from the employer stating the net and gross income I have claimed, matching exactly to the bank statements
3. Tax return which is W2 here in US.

Am I right?

No, it is not necessary to submit these three documents. You may submit either Bank statements + Letter from Employer or bank statements + tax returns. This is because that you have to submit two proofs of different origin, to support each other. Letter from employer and tax return would be considered as a same source proof.

I would submit bank statements + letter from employer, and not tax documents, because mostly tax year is different from the 12 months you are claiming for points, so it may not correlate with other source (bank statements). Hope it is clear now.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Kewl

kewlclassic

Post by kewlclassic » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:50 am

Thanks Mvent. I got it now.

I appreciate your help.

kewlclassic

Post by kewlclassic » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:43 pm

Hi Mvent and others who can advice me here:

I have been told by few guys that applying for Tier1 without showing the pay slips would make my application weak. Just wondering, the way you advised me to approach using the employment letter, does anyone got Tier1 in this way? I mean just by showing the bank statement and the employer letter showing my salary details?

Please let me know if you have ever seen those cases.

Thanks
Kewl

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:23 am

kewlclassic wrote:I have been told by few guys that applying for Tier1 without showing the pay slips would make my application weak.
No its not true.. but if you want to buy some peace of mind.. you can submit the Bankstatement PLUS Employer letter with all those payslips which are matching the bankstatements NET amounts;

But you need to ask your employer to explain situation of those 4months payslips conspiracy..

i did the same when i was paid more in a couple of months and got a Letter from employer + Payslips + Bankstatements..

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:53 am

kewlclassic wrote:Hi Mvent and others who can advice me here:

I have been told by few guys that applying for Tier1 without showing the pay slips would make my application weak. Just wondering, the way you advised me to approach using the employment letter, does anyone got Tier1 in this way? I mean just by showing the bank statement and the employer letter showing my salary details?

Please let me know if you have ever seen those cases.

Thanks
Kewl
I got Tier 1 with only letter from employer + bank statements. It is according to the Tier 1 guidance, which states:

Employees who receive a salary:
A salaried employee could provide a combination of:
• personal bank statements covering the full 12-month earnings period;
and either:
• payslips for the full 12-month earnings period; or
• a letter from their employer.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 310309.pdf page 27 of 44.

kewlclassic

Post by kewlclassic » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:11 am

Thanks a lot Ramesh and Mvent. You guys are experts..:)

Could you guys please provide me a good looking format of employer letter which can accomodate 12 months pay information? I looked on here for one but couldn't find a good one.

Please let me know if you can find me one or you can send me the format of the one which you guys applied.

Thanks Bunch guys..I appreciate your help.

-Kewl

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:04 am

Discussion in this link might be helpful for you to preapare one. :) http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=301005
kewlclassic wrote:Thanks a lot Ramesh and Mvent. You guys are experts..:)

Could you guys please provide me a good looking format of employer letter which can accomodate 12 months pay information? I looked on here for one but couldn't find a good one.

Please let me know if you can find me one or you can send me the format of the one which you guys applied.

Thanks Bunch guys..I appreciate your help.

-Kewl

kewlclassic

Post by kewlclassic » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:23 am

Thanks Mvent.

I just made one format. If possible, can i email or PM you? Please let me know.

Thanks

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:18 am

Yes, you can PM me, but I would suggest to discuss it in the forum. More opinions are always better for improvement. Anyway, this letter will be from your employer, it will be depending on him, if he accepts this format or not?
kewlclassic wrote:Thanks Mvent.

I just made one format. If possible, can i email or PM you? Please let me know.

Thanks

kewlclassic

Post by kewlclassic » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:42 pm

Guys..

Issue again.

Few of my salary slips from last 12 months are missing and also few are not matching at all to the bank deposits.

I have almost 7 months pay slip matching my bank deposits and other's are not.

My employer is not willing me to provide the detail breakups for my salary for 12 months on company's letter head. They said, they can't do it.

I can't think of any idea how to apply with this issues.

The only thing my employer assured me is that, they will provide me a letter matching my last years W2's return. How will this help me?

First source of evidence can be that letter from employer. And about the second source, it will be W2 (tax returns) in my case. But I don't think Visa officer will consider these two as from different sources as W2 is also from employer. Can i get an original W2 from IRS or tax agency?

Experts out here can please advice on this?

Are there any other possible ways for me to get points on earnings?

Appreciate you advice and suggestions.

Thanks
Kewl

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:21 pm

Dear Kewl..

I trust you prepared the "monthly break up letter in table format" for those months and you requested your employer to check and sign it - BUT still they reject to sign is that right??

Or Are you expecting them to prepare the monthly breakup letter? which they would not do as it is tideous job...

Only option is to go to one of the manager's who is good and helpful to sign the letter...

It is not mandatory that only the CEO or HR or Main Manager to sign.. it can be signed by any of your reporting Managers who is in high position and can respond with ur details if HO calls up and enquires about you..

i got it signed by one of my managers but i dont work under him or his dept. but i know him well and i gave him all my details like passport no. salary, date of join, etc.. in case HO calls he can answer them..

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:43 pm

kewlclassic wrote:Guys..

Issue again.

Few of my salary slips from last 12 months are missing and also few are not matching at all to the bank deposits.

I have almost 7 months pay slip matching my bank deposits and other's are not.

My employer is not willing me to provide the detail breakups for my salary for 12 months on company's letter head. They said, they can't do it.

I can't think of any idea how to apply with this issues.

The only thing my employer assured me is that, they will provide me a letter matching my last years W2's return. How will this help me?
If this letter matches with your bank statements then I think you can use it. You cannot use tax letter and letter from employer as proofs of two different sources. They are considered as same source proofs. Letter + bank statement would be fine.

First source of evidence can be that letter from employer. And about the second source, it will be W2 (tax returns) in my case. But I don't think Visa officer will consider these two as from different sources as W2 is also from employer. Can i get an original W2 from IRS or tax agency?

Experts out here can please advice on this?

Are there any other possible ways for me to get points on earnings?

Appreciate you advice and suggestions.

Thanks
Kewl

kewlclassic

Post by kewlclassic » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:16 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:Dear Kewl..

I trust you prepared the "monthly break up letter in table format" for those months and you requested your employer to check and sign it - BUT still they reject to sign is that right??

Yes, Its right...

Or Are you expecting them to prepare the monthly breakup letter? which they would not do as it is tideous job...

Only option is to go to one of the manager's who is good and helpful to sign the letter...

It is not mandatory that only the CEO or HR or Main Manager to sign.. it can be signed by any of your reporting Managers who is in high position and can respond with ur details if HO calls up and enquires about you..

i got it signed by one of my managers but i dont work under him or his dept. but i know him well and i gave him all my details like passport no. salary, date of join, etc.. in case HO calls he can answer them..
Hi Ramesh...

I made the letter by myself and told the employer to sign it and they said they cannot sign on this format. Thats what pissed me off.

I don't have any ideas how to go ahead on it.

-Kewl

kewlclassic

Post by kewlclassic » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:32 pm

Hi Mvent..

The latest W2 (tax return) which I have is of 2008. That tax return has the yearly income on it. So, how can I match this income form the bank statement? They need recent earnings right? If we go back to 2008 W2 and get a bank statement which says about 2008 earnings, will Visa Officers accept it?

I want to discuss the scenario which I have in mind:

Is it ok if i show them the pay slips which is matching the bank statement deposits?I have almost 6 to7 months play slips which is matching the deposits. But I don't think those slips will gave me enough earning points.

I am out of ideas now. Please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks bunch guys

-Abdul

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:37 pm

kewlclassic wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:Dear Kewl..

Yes, Its right...

Hi Ramesh...

I made the letter by myself and told the employer to sign it and they said they cannot sign on this format. Thats what pissed me off.

I don't have any ideas how to go ahead on it.

-Kewl
I think no employer will like to follow their employee, coming up to them and showing them something to sign and stamp. The best thing you could do would be take print out of Tier 1 guidance, showing them what do you need and present your format as well. Then, you can come to some point where both of you will be satisfied. Employers also have to consider many things while issuing declarations and stuff like that. It is not so simple to just go and ask them to sign any letter. These things may sound harsh, but that is the way river flows!!

kewlclassic

Post by kewlclassic » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:36 pm

I did showed them the link from UKBA.
They have problem while showing the expenses in that detail break up format.

They are ok if i show them gross and net pay for every month. But i use to get expenses check along with pay check and I deposit them all together. So, I have to include that expenses amount in order to match with bank deposit. My employer is not willing include the expenses amount in the letter.
I can't corroborate the bank statements with pay slips if i don't include expenses amount.

Any suggestions for this?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:00 pm

kewlclassic wrote:I did showed them the link from UKBA.

They are ok if i show them gross and net pay for every month. But i use to get expenses check along with pay check and I deposit them all together. So, I have to include that expenses amount in order to match with bank deposit. My employer is not willing include the expenses amount in the letter.
I can't corroborate the bank statements with pay slips if i don't include expenses amount.

according to guidelines, you submit your payslips without expenses mate. thats what I did. I had expenses on my payslips and in net amount credited to the bank account but I had to exclude expenses off my total earnings otherwise it would have took my total earnings to sky high hence increasing my points but unfortunately that ain't the case

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:26 pm

I see couple of issues here:
1- You said they are okay if you show them gross and net pay for every month. I think this is fine is according to the Tier 1 guidance requirement.

2- You can ask your employer to not to include expenses in the letter, but give an explaination about it, that why there is difference in bank statement and salary from letter. In addition, you can also explain this difference in your cover letter.

kewlclassic

Post by kewlclassic » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:59 pm

Hi Innocent,

Thanks for your valuable advice.

My doubt is:

If i don't include my expenses check (which comes separately along with pay slip), how will my bank statement matches to the net pay in my pay slips? For example:

My pay check has:

Gross pay :5000
Net Pay: 3000

And my expenses slip has:

expenses: 1000

I club these two checks and deposit in bank. So in bank statement, the total deposit will be : Net pay + expenses = 4000

So if i don't show expenses, how will the bank deposit (4000) will match to my net pay (3000) in the pay slip?

If the Visa officer accept this combination. then I don't need to worry about the employer letter. I can just include my pay slips and bank statement, even if they don't match.

So this is what you did in your case?

Thanks for advice mate

-Kewl

kewlclassic

Post by kewlclassic » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:01 pm

mvent00 wrote:

I see couple of issues here:
1- You said they are okay if you show them gross and net pay for every month. I think this is fine is according to the Tier 1 guidance requirement.

2- You can ask your employer to not to include expenses in the letter, but give an explaination about it, that why there is difference in bank statement and salary from letter. In addition, you can also explain this difference in your cover letter.
Hi mvent,

Thanks for your suggestions. It helps a lot. Do you agree with what I wrote to innocent's reply?

Thanks

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:19 am

kewlclassic wrote: Thanks for your suggestions. It helps a lot. Do you agree with what I wrote to innocent's reply?

Thanks
Well, I have a different point of view than Innocent. As per Tier 1 guidance, if some expenses are part of salary plan and are present on your payslips, you can claim those. Innocent did not claim, it was up to him.
But your case is different. Neither your payslips reflect the expenses nor your employer is willing to give you a letter, showing salary and expenses together. If you just submit payslips, which are not matching with your bank statements, it would definitely be a negative point. You must include a strong evidence with your application, which explains this difference. As I said earlier, a clarification letter about expenses and payslips from employer, would certainly do the trick.

kewlclassic

Post by kewlclassic » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:32 pm

mvent00 wrote:
kewlclassic wrote: Thanks for your suggestions. It helps a lot. Do you agree with what I wrote to innocent's reply?

Thanks
Well, I have a different point of view than Innocent. As per Tier 1 guidance, if some expenses are part of salary plan and are present on your payslips, you can claim those. Innocent did not claim, it was up to him.
But your case is different. Neither your payslips reflect the expenses nor your employer is willing to give you a letter, showing salary and expenses together. If you just submit payslips, which are not matching with your bank statements, it would definitely be a negative point. You must include a strong evidence with your application, which explains this difference. As I said earlier, a clarification letter about expenses and payslips from employer, would certainly do the trick.
Thanks Mvent. I was just wondering about the suggestion given by Innocent i.,e submitting without the expenses. Does his bank staments match with every month deposits even though he did not submit expenses.?

Just want to let you know all again that my expenses slip comes separately, but i do deposit it all together with pay slip.

Innocent, can you please chime in here ?

Thanks
Kewl